Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 493 of 645 FirstFirst ... 393 443 483 491 492 493 494 495 503 543 593 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,325 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    ARC - Suntup Press - Cormac McCarthy - ADVANCE REVIEW COPY - in mint condition
    Currently 1 bid @ $95, Interesting to see where it ends up
    It's at $257 now. And there is a HHH that is at 203.50

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HOHH letter. As new. All swag and planchette. $4150 shipped. lt letter ‘Y’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Paul, was your status text notification hacked? I got this from the same number I get my status updates.

“To complete your subscription AND entry into the Disturbia Haunted House contests, simply reply with the word, " YES ".”

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Paul, was your status text notification hacked? I got this from the same number I get my status updates.

“To complete your subscription AND entry into the Disturbia Haunted House contests, simply reply with the word, " YES ".”
    No, not hacked. The way these bulk text message apps work is that you are assigned a shared number code. This number is shared across multiple accounts. So it's possible for another company to have that same shared code. I would imagine that you would have to opt-in to that if you're receiving texts from it from a different company. If you didn't opt in, then it's spam.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

No, not hacked. The way these bulk text message apps work is that you are assigned a shared number code. This number is shared across multiple accounts. So it's possible for another company to have that same shared code. I would imagine that you would have to opt-in to that if you're receiving texts from it from a different company. If you didn't opt in, then it's spam.
    Ah. Ok. I thought Suntup was hosting a haunted house. I was going to book travel.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the lightning quick sell out the other day, Paul. That was impressive.

———

Regarding the next book: While any Pulitzer Prize winning poetry is sure to be impressive, 2012’s winner sounds like it would be right up our alley.

“Life on Mars, by Tracy K. Smith

A collection of bold, skillful poems, taking readers into the universe and moving them to an authentic mix of joy and pain.

With allusions to David Bowie and interplanetary travel, Life on Mars imagines a soundtrack for the universe to accompany the discoveries, failures, and oddities of human existence. In these brilliant new poems, Tracy K. Smith imagines a sci-fi future sucked clean of any real dangers, contemplates the dark matter that keeps people both close and distant, and revisits the kitschy concepts like “love” and “illness” now relegated to the Museum of Obsolescence. These reveal the realities of life lived here, on the ground, where a daughter is imprisoned in the basement by her own father, where celebrities and pop stars walk among us, and where the poet herself loses her father, one of the engineers who worked on the Hubble Telescope. With this remarkable third collection, Smith establishes herself as among the best poets of her generation.”

https://www.pulitzer.org/winners/tracy-k-smith
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick. It’s not that one. No one has actually guessed this book. It might be the only one!

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick. It’s not that one. No one has actually guessed this book. It might be the only one!
    Hm, well it's back to the drawing board for us i suppose. 🙃

Time and Materials: Poems, 1997-2005 by Robert Hass

The poems in Robert Hass's new collection—his first to appear in a decade—are grounded in the beauty and energy of the physical world, and in the bafflement of the present moment in American culture. This work is breathtakingly immediate, stylistically varied, redemptive, and wise.

His familiar landscapes are here—San Francisco, the Northern California coast, the Sierra high country—in addition to some of his oft-explored themes: art; the natural world; the nature of desire; the violence of history; the power and limits of language; and, as in his other books, domestic life and the conversation between men and women. New themes emerge as well, perhaps: the essence of memory and of time.

The works here look at paintings, at Gerhard Richter as well as Vermeer, and pay tribute to his particular literary masters, friend Czesław Miłosz, the great Swedish poet Tomas Tranströmer, Horace, Whitman, Stevens, Nietszche, and Lucretius. We are offered glimpses of a surpris*ingly green and vibrant twenty-first-century Berlin; of the demilitarized zone between the Koreas; of a Bangkok night, a Mexican desert, and an early summer morning in Paris, all brought into a vivid present and with a passionate meditation on what it is and has been to be alive. "It has always been Mr. Hass's aim," the New York Times Book Review wrote, "to get the whole man, head and heart and hands and everything else, into his poetry."

Every new volume by Robert Hass is a major event in poetry, and this beautiful collection is no exception.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oooooh. Intriguing. Usually I wait for the others to form a consensus and assume it’s that. Thought I’d take a shot this time.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Oooooh. Intriguing. Usually I wait for the others to form a consensus and assume it’s that. Thought I’d take a shot this time.
    I know right? Usually people before me, with one exception though, guess the book right but (with a lot of other contestants) this one almost seems to be nearly impossible to guess right though the biggest hint given in the schedule is that the author is still alive.

Ah well, it keeps us busy with guessing the book. 😬

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It would be impressive if it’s the 2020 winner since that was just announced five months ago, but what are the odds of that? Jericho Brown’s “The Testament” sounds good though.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

This book has been in the works for just over 18 months. Back then, things were quite different to how they are now in terms of demand. An interesting fact about this one is that I was thinking about launching the press with it. I was sitting around, trying to figure out how to get this publishing idea off the ground, and what book I would do first. I was over at the letterpress printer who ended up printing the text pages of the portfolio, and I proposed that we go out with this book of poetry. I looked into it at the time, but didn't get anywhere. This was before I even thought about the portfolio.

Well, as you know, it was the portfolio that ended up being the first publication, then in early 2019 I started to look at this again. Once it was under contract, it progressed very slowly. There were some delays and such. Anyway, it feels to me that this book has been in the works for 4 years! So I am really excited to finally have it see the light of day.

Why I chose this one, is that many years ago, when I first got into poetry, a friend had given a copy to me as a house warming gift when I moved into a new apartment. I read it, and became a fan of the poet. Over the years, I collected the first editions of his other volumes. And his style also had an influence on my own writing. So it seemed like the obvious choice to me.

But anyway, I'm just really pleased to finally get this book out after all this time, and I'm equally pleased with how it has turned out.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This book has been in the works for just over 18 months. Back then, things were quite different to how they are now in terms of demand. An interesting fact about this one is that I was thinking about launching the press with it. I was sitting around, trying to figure out how to get this publishing idea off the ground, and what book I would do first. I was over at the letterpress printer who ended up printing the text pages of the portfolio, and I proposed that we go out with this book of poetry. I looked into it at the time, but didn't get anywhere. This was before I even thought about the portfolio.

Well, as you know, it was the portfolio that ended up being the first publication, then in early 2019 I started to look at this again. Once it was under contract, it progressed very slowly. There were some delays and such. Anyway, it feels to me that this book has been in the works for 4 years! So I am really excited to finally have it see the light of day.

Why I chose this one, is that many years ago, when I first got into poetry, a friend had given a copy to me as a house warming gift when I moved into a new apartment. I read it, and became a fan of the poet. Over the years, I collected the first editions of his other volumes. And his style also had an influence on my own writing. So it seemed like the obvious choice to me.

But anyway, I'm just really pleased to finally get this book out after all this time, and I'm equally pleased with how it has turned out.
    WOW Paul.. thank you for the backstory. I enjoy this much as much as the books. I always enjoy hearing of your books signing and making adventures my man
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I really wish I was on the less than 150 number track so I could have the opportunity to buy this book
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Great story Paul. I will most likely be getting this. I wish I could publish my poetry though . But I am looking forward to reading these poems .

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the backstory Paul. So interesting that this is where you wanted to start. I'm really happy that I'll be among those able to buy this book.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

(Which book are we talking about? Bibliomysteries ?)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    The poetry one, that has yet to become. 😉

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    And now we know it’s not recent and is a male author - narrows down the choices a bit more.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    And now we know it’s not recent and is a male author - narrows down the choices a bit more.
    Yes, it does help narrowing it down. Even though i'm not on the train i'm still curious to see what book it is. 😉

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The poetry is EAP-
    Poe
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    The poetry is EAP-
    Poe
    Heh - but, yes a Poe poetry collection would be good. Thornwillow did some broadsides of his poetry recently
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It’s backstory like this that really makes a book more personal and amps up my excitement. Thank for you for sharing, Paul!

Farrell, it’s a living author - or at least was recently enough to sign the limitation pages.

Edited for clarity.

My Mood
    Cool

I guess it was bound to happen, but if I had this book, I would never it go.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/H-G-Wells-2...EAAOSwNrpfguQ6

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    ARC - Suntup Press - Cormac McCarthy - ADVANCE REVIEW COPY - in mint condition
    Currently 1 bid @ $95, Interesting to see where it ends up
    Ended at $287. Tell me I got it at a good price? Not really into arcs but 2 from Paul himself, and the need for a copy of the Road has changed my view of them.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 493 of 645 FirstFirst ... 393 443 483 491 492 493 494 495 503 543 593 ... LastLast