Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 644 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 306 314 354 404 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 16094

Thread: Suntup Editions

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Okay, I'm finally able to sit down and attend to this little matter of the Easter egg winner. So give me a little bit here to type it up. Not much longer now...
    my heart, you're either exercising it or killing it, not sure

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I put the winner in spoilers so that we can attend to the background of the contest first, and also reveal the solution before we learn who the winner is. That way we have some context.

Before publishing Misery, I came up with this idea as a way to pay tribute to, and honor the memory of my late father. He was a great man with a solid gold heart, and much of who I am today is as a result of the lessons I learned from him, and the examples he set.

So, the solution is that in each of the first five books I published, I included a letter spelling out my father’s name, which is SOLLY. The final letter ending with The Road was intentional because of the story about the bond between a father and his son.

So… to my dad, Solly Suntup you shall never be forgotten. You were the best father anyone could ask for.

Okay... And now, THE WINNER IS:

Spoiler:

lotuz

Congratulations buddy!!!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

A big congrats to the person in the spoiler
    And a great tribute to your father Paul.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congratulations, [redacted]! And what a wonderful tribute, Paul.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's Awesome. Congratulation Lotuz
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to the winner! I wish it was me, but I'm glad it was you

And what a tribute, Paul, very cool and touching
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!!! I’m clapping as I wipe a tear from my eye!! Wonderful and beautiful!!! I’m so happy for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

What a way to honor your father. This is incredible!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! That was my guess as well. Day late and a dollar short.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you so much, folks, and Paul!

This is such a rush. Give me a minute and I'm gonna type up how it happened from my perspective, and how touching and amazing and coincidental it all was...

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats you LUCKY man!

...and to all of us losers....well...you know what they say....."so solly, Cholly" (I can't be the only one who guessed that?)

Country
    Country Flag

OK, so as anyone who has searched eBay for the term Suntup has probably seen, Paul published a book of poetry called Sunset at the Temple of Olives back in 2011. I know several folks on these boards have picked it up as part of their Suntup memorabilia, and I strongly encourage everyone who has to open it up and read it! The works "Emily" and "I don't really know what this poem is going to be about, or even if it'll be any good, but I'm writing it anyway." are some of my favorites, but the whole thing is beautifully dark.

The thing is, as recently as the beginning of this week, I could not have told you those things because I did not own the book!

I've been eyeing it off and on when I see it in searches and for the first time, last week, I pulled the trigger.

See:

I ordered it on the 7th, it shipped on the 8th, and arrived to me a week earlier than scheduled on Monday the 12th. As you all know, Antony made the amazing discovery shortly thereafter!

When only the letters "S" "O" "L" "L" were known, I made the guess of "Solly". Why? Because I am the parent of two small children and recently in our house we had something called a "Solly Wrap". But my reasoning was incorrect. Even though it was a longshot, as most people without kids would not have heard of this product, I guessed that maybe "Solly" meant that these books were his babies, that he was putting out into the world. Also, like most of you, I'm sure, I googled "words that start with soll" and it turns out that there aren't, like, any. Some foreign words, and something called a "solleret", which is an armored shoe for a knight.

I didn't really think that was right but, hey, guessing was free! But I could't help but think that "Solly" was the right word, there was just some connection that I was missing.

Fast forward a bit, and I decide to pick up and peruse my just received Suntup book of poetry. I open it up, and as is my custom, I start with the copyright page and all the front matter. There's a title page, copyrights, and then this:

When I read this page, I about had a heart attack! I knew that this had to be it - simply no way that it was a coincidence. The only coincidence is that had I not ordered this book at the exact time I did, I would never have had it right in front of me, at the most perfect time possible.

Having a father myself who I am rather fond of, and who I am fortunate enough to still have around, it was an incredibly touching realization to see this dedication to someone's father, first in this book of poetry, and then through the craft of his son's great accomplishment. It's an incredible gesture.

I'm very fortunate that this all worked out in the way it did and I just had to share the genesis of the whole thing from my end.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Congratulations, lotuz!!!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's a great story Lotuz. And congrats again.

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I put the winner in spoilers so that we can attend to the background of the contest first, and also reveal the solution before we learn who the winner is. That way we have some context.

Before publishing Misery, I came up with this idea as a way to pay tribute to, and honor the memory of my late father. He was a great man with a solid gold heart, and much of who I am today is as a result of the lessons I learned from him, and the examples he set.

So, the solution is that in each of the first five books I published, I included a letter spelling out my father’s name, which is SOLLY. The final letter ending with The Road was intentional because of the story about the bond between a father and his son.

So… to my dad, Solly Suntup you shall never be forgotten. You were the best father anyone could ask for.

Okay... And now, THE WINNER IS:

Spoiler:

lotuz

Congratulations buddy!!!
    Such a heartfelt tribute Paul. I came on board with The Road and the more I learn how emotionally invested you are with the books you publish, the more I feel compelled to stay with you on this beautiful adventure and experience that is Suntup Publishing. Your dad can be proud sir.
    Congrats Lotuz! A grand prize!!
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A HUGE Congratulations Lotuz!!!

My Mood
    Cool

We are in the final countdown. 2 left.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

After two delays, the UPS finally brought me my numbered ROSEMARY'S BABY today.
    I have some lettered editions that don't even come close to the quality of this production.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is such a beautiful way to honour the memory of your father.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Great story, lotuz. Thanks for sharing it. (And congrats, again).

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on your win, lotuz!
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks lotuz... what perfect timing! After reading your post, I thought I should provide this link for anyone who wants a copy of that poetry book as these are signed.

Appreciate the other comments. This worked out very nicely, and it all played out here on the forum which is great.

Kind of neat that it was all discovered and revealed right when the last letter in The Road was being shipped/received.

Ilium (Simmons)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks lotuz... what perfect timing! After reading your post, I thought I should provide this link for anyone who wants a copy of that poetry book as these are signed.

Appreciate the other comments. This worked out very nicely, and it all played out here on the forum which is great.
    What can I say and sound humble...nothing...except, glad it was here in the family.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That’s a lovely story and gesture,Paul. And congrats Lotuz.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 644 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 306 314 354 404 ... LastLast