Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 644 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 404 454 ... LastLast
Results 8,826 to 8,850 of 16096

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    It was beautiful and brilliant and the world is a worse place without it.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    C&H was definitely one of the best comic strips ever produced. After 10 years Bill Watterson felt he had done all that he could with the character and the medium and walked away at the top of his game. Not many people can or would do that. I'm grateful for the decade of brilliance he gave us.
    I haven’t even taken these out of the shrine rap yet.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

C&H was definitely one of the best comic strips ever produced. After 10 years Bill Watterson felt he had done all that he could with the character and the medium and walked away at the top of his game. Not many people can or would do that. I'm grateful for the decade of brilliance he gave us.

Shrine rap is when you memorialize a work of art with a rap song.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember buying that set with a 50% off Barnes & Noble coupon. Ripped the shrink wrap off immediately upon getting home and read them all. I reread them every couple of years and I'm due for another reread.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Maybe the compromise solution for the C&H dilemma is a Dragon Rebound treatment of The Complete Calvin & Hobbes.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the compromise solution for the C&H dilemma is a Dragon Rebound treatment of The Complete Calvin & Hobbes.[/QUOTE]

Genius!
    Also the matching Suntup paperweight with the stuffed tiger inside would be GINORMOUS.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Maybe the compromise solution for the C&H dilemma is a Dragon Rebound treatment of The Complete Calvin & Hobbes.[/QUOTE]

Genius!
    Also the matching Suntup paperweight with the stuffed tiger inside would be GINORMOUS.[/QUOTE]

If the fur binding idea hadn't already been used for Cujo imagine stuffed tiger pelt being used for TCC&H!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding C&H, I just heard back on it. Can't get into details, but the answer is no as I suspected it would be. But it was worth taking the shot for sure. To have these as special bindings, the rebound route would be the only way.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Regarding C&H, I just heard back on it. Can't get into details, but the answer is no as I suspected it would be. But it was worth taking the shot for sure. To have these as special bindings, the rebound route would be the only way.
    I'm sure I speak for a few people here when I say I think it's wonderful that you looked into it. We really appreciate that you took the shot. It's definitely a collection worthy of your efforts.

Country
    Country Flag

If the fur binding idea hadn't already been used for Cujo imagine stuffed tiger pelt being used for TCC&H!
    That's exactly where my brain went too.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

That’s a bummer, to say the least.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

So onto Dr. Seuss we go....
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

What about Bloom County?

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Bummer is an understatement. It would have been a triumph if it worked out, but what's the saying? "You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take". It was definitely worth taking the shot.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

No surprise but, as you said, it was worth a shot. If you choose to go the Dragon Rebound route it will no doubt be a beautiful production.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe the compromise solution for the C&H dilemma is a Dragon Rebound treatment of The Complete Calvin & Hobbes.
    Now I have a HC set we read all the time, my son loves them. My PB set actually is in plastic wrap - but opened - since that set is actually signed by Watterson (one of only a few I know of), and I think I have about 1-2 more signed books…but not actual C&H books. Oh well - appreciative of the time and effort - never know unless you try. Thanks Paul
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    ... It was definitely worth taking the shot.
    Absolutely! Super glad you tried!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

No problem. Had to at least try. My gut feel on this is that the decision won't change. I have to share one quick thing which this makes me think of. Back in 2016 I tried to get a book under contract but was turned down. It was at a time before I even started publishing. Anyway, I'm pleased to say that after 4 years, I finally got an approval a couple weeks ago. This one is special.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post

Genius!
    Also the matching Suntup paperweight with the stuffed tiger inside would be GINORMOUS.
    Skip the paperweight, I want a snow globe with Calvin building some of his snowmen inside.
    Mark Twain

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No problem. Had to at least try. My gut feel on this is that the decision won't change. I have to share one quick thing which this makes me think of. Back in 2016 I tried to get a book under contract but was turned down. It was at a time before I even started publishing. Anyway, I'm pleased to say that after 4 years, I finally got an approval a couple weeks ago. This one is special.
    Love it! That must feel great. Excited to hear the details some day!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's great! I hope you let us know which one it is once it's announced.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    What about Bloom County?
    The Far Side even.

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Bummer is an understatement. It would have been a triumph if it worked out, but what's the saying? "You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take". It was definitely worth taking the shot.
    Yep. The answer's always no if you don't ask.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Perseverance Paul (we both know about that.) That's the name of the game. Can't wait to see what it is .

My Mood
    Cool

SOMETHING NEW . An Announcement section in the News tab. Lots of good info there.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Back in 2016 I tried to get a book under contract but was turned down. It was at a time before I even started publishing. Anyway, I'm pleased to say that after 4 years, I finally got an approval a couple weeks ago. This one is special.
    That's excellent, and great that you never gave up on it.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 644 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 404 454 ... LastLast