Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 344 of 645 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 342 343 344 345 346 354 394 444 ... LastLast
Results 8,576 to 8,600 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Sorry, but can I ask what SOTL is?
    Silence of the Lambs. The sequel to Red Dragon. Previously published by SubPress in artist numbered and lettered editions. The lettered was the only one signed by Harris, making Paul's numbered something of a coup.
    It's also worth adding that SubPress's lettered edition of Silence of the Lambs is one of the finest productions they've done. It's really pretty extraordinary. Shelving it next to Suntup's Red Dragon would be fitting in so many ways.

I absolutely keep my Suntups together ... but if I ever acquire a lettered Red Dragon, that's the one exception I might make.

(Just my opinion, of course. Jeff is right - how people shelve their books is their business.)

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Thanks guys. I knew of Silence (of course), but I just could not put it together. That ones on me fellas. Thanks for the help.
    Haha nope! That's on me for throwing around the acronym like an asshat!
    No worries. If there is one I can't figure out, I normally ask, like I did now.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful video of the process, Paul. I hope no one loses a hand printing these splendid books, though. Makes me wonder anew where that blood splatter in Misery really came from.
    I was hoping to have kept this a secret, but now the truth is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Cool video. I noticed he is paying attention to his fingers. He double pressed one copy for his finger's sake.

That will no doubt become the variant everyone wants.
    Actually, there isn't a double impression. That lever at the right, called a throw off lever, will keep it from making a duplicate impression.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    haha I drove it up a bit
    Yeah a little bit! There's a lot of time left in the auction. I wonder how bad people will want it. It was a must-own for me.
    I just want Paul to do all four. I hope Thomas Harris is impressed by his work and wants the set done for himself as well
    THAT would be amazing. Then I could stop looking at the SubPress SOTL on eBay.
    DO NOT bastardize your Suntup Dragon with that book beside it!!!!
    Yeah I know art is subjective but the SotL just looks ugly. I would love to see it done again by Suntup with the same artist as Red Dragon.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Yeah I know art is subjective but the SotL just looks ugly. I would love to see it done again by Suntup with the same artist as Red Dragon.
    HERESY!

Unless you mean the numbered, which I personally like but I recognize that Arisman's art is not for everybody.

That said, I would love to see Suntup editions of more of Harris's books, especially Silence. My favorite is Red Dragon though so even without another Harris book I feel like the Sub Press Silence and the Suntup Editions Red Dragon have finally done his work justice after all those years without any limiteds.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    HERESY!

Unless you mean the numbered, which I personally like but I recognize that Arisman's art is not for everybody.

That said, I would love to see Suntup editions of more of Harris's books, especially Silence. My favorite is Red Dragon though so even without another Harris book I feel like the Sub Press Silence and the Suntup Editions Red Dragon have finally done his work justice after all those years without any limiteds.
    Did the numbered edition and lettered edition have different art?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HERESY!

They both had art by Marshall Arisman, but unlike most Sub Press lettered editions, there was no dustjacket on the book because they did a knock-out job on the binding and boards. As a result, the books present quite differently. The numbered book is dominated by the Arisman dustjacket, so if you don't like his work you probably won't want to display it. The lettered one is just a beautiful design and all of Arisman's work is internal, so you can display without seeing any of Arisman's illustrations.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

HERESY!

They both had art by Marshall Arisman, but unlike most Sub Press lettered editions, there was no dustjacket on the book because they did a knock-out job on the binding and boards. As a result, the books present quite differently. The numbered book is dominated by the Arisman dustjacket, so if you don't like his work you probably won't want to display it. The lettered one is just a beautiful design and all of Arisman's work is internal, so you can display without seeing any of Arisman's illustrations.
    Ah ok. Got it. I happen to really like that artwork so it wouldn’t be an issue for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received mine as well. Thanks, Paul!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You're all welcome everyone, thank you.

I actually just received mine today! I sent one to myself as a test and it only just showed up this afternoon. I was beginning to think it got lost.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

I actually just received mine today! I sent one to myself as a test and it only just showed up this afternoon. I was beginning to think it got lost.
    Oh jeez. Then my panic is legitimate. Because I haven’t got mine.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm told it can take up to 10 business days. That would make Thursday the official deadline. If you don't have it by then, please be sure to panic more than you already are.

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe there's an issue at a Chicago hub. The bulk of my packages go through Chicago (or more specifically, Palatine) before they make the trek to me, and I also have not received my broadside.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm told it can take up to 10 business days. That would make Thursday the official deadline. If you don't have it by then, please be sure to panic more than you already are.
    That's good to know. I'm not that far away from Suntup HQ, and was getting a bit worried. But if Paul only got his today, then I feel better.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Panic rents a room in my skull. He often doesn’t pay. He frequently crashes in my heart.

Country
    Country Flag

Panic rents a room in my skull. He often doesn’t pay. He frequently crashes in my heart.
    This is absolutely how I feel about some books and also a tagline for a horror movie that hasn't been made yet

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine got here today, altho it could have been here yesterday if we had gotten mail yesterday. Why no mail yesterday I don't know. Just the stuff I had out to mail was still there after dark.

Anyway, broadside and Funko Steven King made it to the porch today. Thanks Paul.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

This really makes me wish i had been earlier to the Suntup game, i'm sitting here looking at all these beautiful pictures of the Broadside, both on this topic and on facebook.
    It's a nice gesture of appreciation towards your ever growing circle of loyal supporters. 👌🏻😎

Great job Paul!
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

HERESY!

If one does not like the art, internal or external, why buy the book?
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post

This really makes me wish i had been earlier to the Suntup game, i'm sitting here looking at all these beautiful pictures of the Broadside, both on this topic and on facebook.
    It's a nice gesture of appreciation towards your ever growing circle of loyal supporters. 👌🏻😎

Great job Paul!
    Jump on board tomorrow!
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    HERESY!

Because you like the author. I don't get your question. I collect King and have MANY books where I do not like the artwork.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

HERESY!

Because you like the author. I don't get your question. I collect King and have MANY books where I do not like the artwork.
    That's where you get your varying degree of collector. I had many chances to buy the PS King books but I can't stand most of the art and wouldn't want them on my shelf. The only one I find tolerable is The Stand. The obsessive collecter part of me still looks at the PS versions and almost pulls the trigger but I can't. I love Stephen King but don't need the PS versions due to the art.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    I love Stephen King but don't need the PS versions due to the art.
    I'm not sure I follow. The PS Anniversary Editions have been illustrated by the likes of Glenn Chadbourne, Tomislav Tikulin, Jill Bauman, Fangorn and Don Maitz. You NEVER like their art, or only when it's published in the PS Anniversary Editions??

sk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HERESY!

That's where you get your varying degree of collector. I had many chances to buy the PS King books but I can't stand most of the art and wouldn't want them on my shelf. The only one I find tolerable is The Stand. The obsessive collecter part of me still looks at the PS versions and almost pulls the trigger but I can't. I love Stephen King but don't need the PS versions due to the art.
    So you are not a King collector that is anyways shape or form a completist. Varying degrees for sure I will have every number and letter some day... regardless of the artwork. I love the books... cause they are Kings
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

HERESY!

So you are not a King collector that is anyways shape or form a completist. Varying degrees for sure I will have every number and letter some day... regardless of the artwork. I love the books... cause they are Kings
    This is my goal too, although I doubt I will get all the Letters.

There are several books I hate the art in (Insomnia, Tommyknockers to name a few), but I still have them.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 344 of 645 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 342 343 344 345 346 354 394 444 ... LastLast