Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 644 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 437 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 16094

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    This is incredibly premature but already getting nervous about securing War of the Worlds (my big want/need!) based on some already being sold in the bundle, and potentially only a limited amount available.

I am asking myself, do I buy all books released from this point to at least keep me in the game, and see how Paul deals with the amount of books available for those that bought the previously book.

Not a hard decision based on the quality of of every single book released by Paul, but having cherry picked my books up to now, may have to change my purchasing habits to get ensure I get one at issue price.
    Here's the one major thing you got going for you--so far Suntup books have been incredibly strong on the aftermarket. So if it's a financial crunch initially, you can definitely recoup those funds by selling the books you don't want. Essentially you can cherry-pick and maintain your number as long as you sell the fruit you don't want. This plan wouldn't work for me because all Paul produces are cherries. I wouldn't want to sell any of them.
    I'm on lettered and just can't fathom selling any of them. Still need to read Brother and see how the book resonates with me. I know I know kris, I will love it.
    I'll see how 2020 goes to see if I can keep them all (which I want to). I just need to stay away from the Numerals. Paul please don't make a Tolkien numeral... I couldn't resist that. Then again, please do
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    This is incredibly premature but already getting nervous about securing War of the Worlds (my big want/need!) based on some already being sold in the bundle, and potentially only a limited amount available.

I am asking myself, do I buy all books released from this point to at least keep me in the game, and see how Paul deals with the amount of books available for those that bought the previously book.

Not a hard decision based on the quality of of every single book released by Paul, but having cherry picked my books up to now, may have to change my purchasing habits to get ensure I get one at issue price.
    Here's the one major thing you got going for you--so far Suntup books have been incredibly strong on the aftermarket. So if it's a financial crunch initially, you can definitely recoup those funds by selling the books you don't want. Essentially you can cherry-pick and maintain your number as long as you sell the fruit you don't want. This plan wouldn't work for me because all Paul produces are cherries. I wouldn't want to sell any of them.
    I'm on lettered and just can't fathom selling any of them. Still need to read Brother and see how the book resonates with me. I know I know kris, I will love it.
    I'll see how 2020 goes to see if I can keep them all (which I want to). I just need to stay away from the Numerals. Paul please don't make a Tolkien numeral... I couldn't resist that. Then again, please do
    LOL I won't say a word man! As for values... I have sold A LOT of Paul's work on the secondary market. Some do sell faster than others for sure. I mean Haunting numbered was fetching $900!!!! And don't get me started on Misery! You would be shocked to know some prices I have seen lately change hands. Some, like Brother, that do not have the appeal as the audience is small... fetch below cover (still can buy new though). BUT... fast forward 15-20 years. Brother will be known as she grows as an author... there will probably be a movie of this... and (just look at old Subpress, Centipede titles) prices will soar. Many of Pauls books will fetch such high numbers down the road. It would shock us if we could see now. I mean... I bet you we would all lose our minds. People like luxury... and these books are it. And with 200-250 print runs? They won't be easy to find for the next gen collector.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I love Paul's work. And I can't ever see myself selling these books. I will buy all the numbered ones I can and have a complete non-King line set. I will never sell any of these books. It's as simple as that.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Personally, I don’t expect the numbered books to appreciate much in value over time. I think they will stay at some increment over list price and maybe even a decrease in value to around list price over time. Prices will only increase if there is increasing interest in the author, and those readers are interested in, and able to, pay ever-higher prices for collectible books. For most of these titles, I don’t think that will be the case.

Misery will be the exception of course, Particularly as long as it holds rights.

That’s not to say I’m not absolutely thrilled to be on the number to track. I love these books as objects of art and craft. And I love discovering new authors from being a customer of the press. I just don’t necessarily see them as a financial investment.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I check eBay for recent Suntup sales from time to time. What surprises me most are the prices that THoHH and The Road fetch. I expect Red Dragon to soar as well, at least at first.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    I check eBay for recent Suntup sales from time to time. What surprises me most are the prices that THoHH and The Road fetch. I expect Red Dragon to soar as well, at least at first.
    Yeah I think that's because they had more room to increase. RB and Horns started high (for a lot of collectors) so those prices haven't had the room that the $350 and $400 editions had. If you look at the AGEs it's the same thing--percentage-wise they've increased as much as Hill House and The Road.

Also, there are very few copies of The Road floating around.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I sold one of my copies of The Road for $700 to purchase Horns for $700. I could have gotten $800 for The Road but only wanted what I needed to cover my purchase of Horns. Those were private sales though. I can foresee RD doubling in price aftermarket if not more. Especially considering it sold out in less than half an hour.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I sold one of my copies of The Road for $700 to purchase Horns for $700. I could have gotten $800 for The Road but only wanted what I needed to cover my purchase of Horns. Those were private sales though. I can foresee RD doubling in price aftermarket if not more. Especially considering it sold out in less than half an hour.
    I fully expect RD to go bonkers on the secondary. It's got both the room to go up and the insane demand. i've seen a lot of people disappointed that they missed out. I considered buying a second copy during the public presale, but I'd rather let someone else get the chance to buy one direct from Paul and get on the numbered track if they choose.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I fully expect RD to go bonkers on the secondary. It's got both the room to go up and the insane demand. i've seen a lot of people disappointed that they missed out. I considered buying a second copy during the public presale, but I'd rather let someone else get the chance to buy one direct from Paul and get on the numbered track if they choose.
    That's why I don't buy the GE if there is one. If someone can't afford the numbered, at least they have an chance at the GE. And me not buying one, is one for someone to buy it from Paul.
    It will be interesting to see how RD acts in the secondary market. I also find the prices of The Road THoHH go for impressive. They are listing and selling quite high. Even higher than Horns. The prices for RB are all over the place so I can't figure that one out. Anyway, I am not a book flipper so I am not looking to buy and sell and make a profit. I just want well crafted classic and newer books that I can enjoy looking at on my shelf, and then read.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I agree - Red Dragon could well fetch higher prices on the secondary market than the other titles. And good of you to hold back on a second RD numbered to allow another collector to get it at list price.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I agree - Red Dragon could well fetch higher prices on the secondary market than the other titles. And good of you to hold back on a second RD numbered to allow another collector to get it at list price.

HBJ
    ALSO never mind the fact that I didn't really have the money to buy two. And never mind the fact that had I the money to buy two I probably wouldn't have been able to sell the extra copy anyway because I only unbox Suntups--never rebox them.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You want to play a part in deciding whether the signature sheet for Red Dragon goes in the front or back? Cast your vote! You get to decide. I don't feel strongly either way, so I figured why not let the majority decide, and we go whichever way you'd like. I think I know where it will end up. Nothing official, if you have an opinion on it, just post what that is.

Edit: I should clarify, this would be for the Lettered and Numbered. The AGE will be in the back.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    You want to play a part in deciding whether the signature sheet for Red Dragon goes in the front or back? Cast your vote! You get to decide. I don't feel strongly either way, so I figured why not let the majority decide, and we go whichever way you'd like. I think I know where it will end up. Nothing official, if you have an opinion on it, just post what that is.

Edit: I should clarify, this would be for the Lettered and Numbered. The AGE will be in the back.
    I don't really have a strong preference, but I'd say put it in the front.

I liked your initial thinking on the placement of the sig sheets and I'm happy to have Brother be the exception.

I don't really have a strong preference, but I'd say put it in the front.

I liked your initial thinking on the placement of the sig sheets and I'm happy to have Brother be the exception.
    I agree with Jeff.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

My vote is for right smack in the middle

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've always been partial to having them in the back. Maybe it's because Centipede Press was the first small press I started collecting and theirs have always been in the back...

For some books I find that placement in the front "interrupts" the flow when I first open it, but that's highly design dependent and if you're ambivalent my guess is that's not the case here.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I vote for back, sort of like signing your name at the end of a letter or end of an email. (somebody might want to post up a vote thread)

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    It’s funny. I was going to post this suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I vote for back, sort of like signing your name at the end of a letter or end of an email. (somebody might want to post up a vote thread)
    We don’t need a separate thread for this. Just some comments here are good.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I like the whole living author in the front deceased in the back. But either way works for me.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I vote for the back - I like that in my CP and Charnel house books too
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I vote for up front. I like being able to peak at the sig page without actually lifting the book out of a traycase. I suppose that’s irrelevant for slipcased books, though.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we should skip the signature page (front, back, middle), and have a personal note from the author.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

[QUOTE=zelig;1181821]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    It’s funny. I was going to post this suggestion.

Which I (modestly clears throat) made back in post #8174.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll throw in for the signature in the front. I do like the uniqueness of the signature page in the back, but I like the idea of living authors in the front and deceased authors in the back more. I agree with letting Brother be the exception- it's already a little different with the higher print run.

On a separate note, I had to scratch my Suntup itch this week and bought a couple of prints with the Folio Box. I could see that developing into a whole separate addiction....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Front please kind sir.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 644 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 339 347 387 437 ... LastLast