Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 505 of 645 FirstFirst ... 5 405 455 495 503 504 505 506 507 515 555 605 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,625 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those of you considering getting a remarque in their one of a kind irreplaceable numbered copy (assuming your number is important to you) of Seed concerned about shipping the book to and back again from Belgium?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I don't want to sound silly, but is the book Starship Troopers the same campy, but under-rated movie with giant bugs?
    The movie was based on the book, but the tone is completely different. The book is not campy - it plays it pretty straight, if I recall correctly.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Those of you considering getting a remarque in their one of a kind irreplaceable numbered copy (assuming your number is important to you) of Seed concerned about shipping the book to and back again from Belgium?

I was concerned sending my copy of RD across the US! In the end though, I didn't regret it 😁
    Searching for:
    CD S/L's of:
    Gwendy's BB
    Gwendy's MF

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to all who purchased a copy and to Paul and his team for another success!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HorrorfanTom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

I was concerned sending my copy of RD across the US! In the end though, I didn't regret it
    Gift Edition and in the U.S I would definitely do.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I don't want to sound silly, but is the book Starship Troopers the same campy, but under-rated movie with giant bugs?
    The movie was based on the book, but the tone is completely different. The book is not campy - it plays it pretty straight, if I recall correctly.

HBJ
    Thanks for the reply Peter. No matter what they are, I am sure they will be great.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

Also, regarding Doctor Moreau; it's a ways off like I said. Although I've committed to it, it's not unusual for me to work on a book for up to a year before announcing it. Also, I'm sure you can imagine, there are many other books in the pipeline ahead of this one. It was only really decided on a few days ago so yep, it's a ways off. But the onboarding has started.
    Took me a while to find this quote on here.
    But might this paper (shown in the october feed) be for the upcoming January release ?
    Especially that last line seems to fit exactly with the increase to 350 numbers.

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Yes, Moreau occurred to me, too. It’s certainly consistent with the style of the other 3 HG Wells volumes.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Yes, Moreau occurred to me, too. It’s certainly consistent with the style of the other 3 HG Wells volumes.
    Jup, that's exactly the same thought that popped into my head upon seeing those papers.
    Even though that i don't own the other three volumes it'll be interesting to see that edition.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh.

In other news; BJF is offering the following:

Red Dragon Artist Gift Edition (Suntup Editions) -- $65
    Fahrenheit 451 Artist Gift Edition (Suntup Editions) -- $95

Email him at: brian@lividian.com
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Ugh.

In other news; BJF is offering the following:

Red Dragon Artist Gift Edition (Suntup Editions) -- $65
    Fahrenheit 451 Artist Gift Edition (Suntup Editions) -- $95

Email him at: brian@lividian.com
    very generous to sell them at issue price!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh.
    Not a fan of H.G. Wells, Brian?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are not the covers for Moreau.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

THEN IT'S HELLBOUND HEART!

Seriously, those squares look like Lemarchand's Lament Configuration.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

DO NOT GET MY HOPES UP LIKE THAT JEFF . I really hope Paul does end up doing at least one Barker, hopefully
    more than one TBH.

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

I actually just finished reading this and can say it’s nothing like the movie. I enjoyed the movie as a kid I remember but the book is a lot more philosophical in its approach. To be honest there is hardly even a whole lot of time spent on talking about the arachnids or bugs. It’s more the authors opinion in what it means to be a citizen and the importance of having to earn that right

From what I have read I guess the director of the movie actually hated the book. Said it was beyond boring. I think it was his disdain for the book that he made the movie the way it was. Kind of portraying it as this over the top ridiculous satire instead of what the author was actually going for. In my opinion I loved the book. Thought it was very thought provoking

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I read Starship Troopers many years ago and I remember enjoying it. Although I can't say I remember a whole lot about it.

I've never got around to watching the movie and I probably never will.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I ever read Starship Troopers. I grok Stranger in a Strange Land though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I read Starship Troopers many years ago and I remember enjoying it. Although I can't say I remember a whole lot about it.

The movie is kind of its own thing. A lot of fans of the book don't like it because of its satirical tone, and a lot of other people don't like it because they don't realize it's satire.

I like the movie, although it's far from perfect. But a better, more faithful adaptation of the novel is certainly possible.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    It's not the worst thing Verhoeven ever directed actually... but then again he directed 'Showgirls' As a satire it has it's moments, and it does have Michael Ironside & Clancy Brown in it - but probably not hugely worth spending the time on.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

My Mood
    Cool

OK. That's some good input. If it is I am sure I will like it from the descriptions listed here.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Ugh.
    Not a fan of H.G. Wells, Brian?
    Just hoping for different stuff, from stuff folks. Paul has done a great job obliviously as his product is in great demand. You guys are more verse in your reading and knowledge of authors/artist so your draw to the flame is warranted. My bubble is pretty small in that regard. However, I'm a huge fan of the capped slipcases and that will get me every time. Still, Paul has gotten me to read books I otherwise never would have. And whether I like them or not, that's never a bad thing. I'm starting to get really interested in the Starship Troopers novel vs. the movie.

Ugh. Paul is too classy to muck up his rep with Barker
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

DO NOT GET MY HOPES UP LIKE THAT JEFF . I really hope Paul does end up doing at least one Barker, hopefully
    more than one TBH.
    Oh, my... I'm right there with you guys.

Plus; i love getting these mails.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post

more than one TBH.
    Oh, my... I'm right there with you guys.

Plus; i love getting these mails.

Such a beautifully done book. Enjoy!

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I would love one but I don't have any suntup rights :-(
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 505 of 645 FirstFirst ... 5 405 455 495 503 504 505 506 507 515 555 605 ... LastLast