Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 532 of 645 FirstFirst ... 32 432 482 522 530 531 532 533 534 542 582 632 ... LastLast
Results 13,276 to 13,300 of 16102

Thread: Suntup Editions

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I would honestly prefer a Suntup edition of Black Sunday over Hannibal. I thought Hannibal was a letdown after the first two books in the series.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post
    i consider Silence of the Lambs to be almost the same story as Red Dragon, as an FBI Behavioral Science agent interviews Hanibal Lecter hoping for some insight into a current serial killer, the agent almost dies catching serial killer. basic plot points are the same. Hanibal does not have the same plot points. While readers of the original books might be thrilled with a new kind of Hanibal story, fans of the movies reading it will be dissapointed not to get the familiar kind of story they know, being challenged is not popular , and so the book gets a reputation for disapointing readers. The dissapointed readers are wrong , they had wrong expectations. The is nothing wrong with the ending of Hanibal, it just isnt the ending readers EXPECTED. Im good with it.

Oh ok there is nothing wrong with the ending. Well as long as you declare that the case then it must be true. Sorry for the confusion everyone. The ending is good . I guess I wasn’t up for the challenge of Hannibal??

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i consider Silence of the Lambs to be almost the same story as Red Dragon, as an FBI Behavioral Science agent interviews Hanibal Lecter hoping for some insight into a current serial killer, the agent almost dies catching serial killer. basic plot points are the same. Hanibal does not have the same plot points. While readers of the original books might be thrilled with a new kind of Hanibal story, fans of the movies reading it will be dissapointed not to get the familiar kind of story they know, being challenged is not popular , and so the book gets a reputation for disapointing readers. The dissapointed readers are wrong , they had wrong expectations. The is nothing wrong with the ending of Hanibal, it just isnt the ending readers EXPECTED. Im good with it.
    I agree for the most part although I think Red Dragon is still considerably different just because a lot of the focus is on Dolarhyde’s story over Graham’s. Whereas with Silence it is definitely Clarice’s story.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HILL HOUSE #’d. $1795 and I can help by doing payments for ya! Shoot me a messge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I still haven't got around to reading Hannibal yet. I'll have to make that a reading goal for this year.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

ZombieElvis, I think you are being oversensitive. This is the internet, and around here things are pretty tame. Sarcasm is usually about the max in disagreement. You of course are welcome to ask Nemoh21 to steer clear of you, but if you check our FAQ's, sarcasm isn't forbidden.

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post

Oh ok there is nothing wrong with the ending. Well as long as you declare that the case then it must be true. Sorry for the confusion everyone. The ending is good . I guess I wasn’t up for the challenge of Hannibal??
    in all my years as a member of this forum, I have never been subjected to such mean sarcasm. Please Nemoh21, if you ever see a comment from me you disagree with, just scroll past it, i would rather not be subjected to your rudeness a second time. thank you.
    Sorry to have offended you. Just being a smart ass in response to your comment about readers being WRONG for not liking Hannibal. I don’t think there is a right or wrong when it comes to an opinion on a book.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad Harris went against the grain and ended Hannibal on a totally unexpected and ultra-dark note; it was an apropos ending to a book about a hyperintelligent cannibal free from the bonds of morality. If it had ended like the movie it would have fallen resoundingly flat in my opinion. Instead it ended in a crescendo of taboo that shocked and pleasantly offended me, which was an interesting and memorable experience. As a result, it's one of my favorite books.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I'm glad Harris went against the grain and ended Hannibal on a totally unexpected and ultra-dark note; I think it was an apropos ending to a book about a hyperintelligent cannibal free from the bonds of morality. If it had ended like the movie it would have fallen resoundingly flat in my opinion. Instead it ended in a crescendo of taboo that shocked and pleasantly offended me, which was an interesting and memorable experience. As a result, it's one of my favorite books.
    Me too. I've read it four times now, I think, and SK loved it too.

"We can only learn so much and live."

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I'm glad Harris went against the grain and ended Hannibal on a totally unexpected and ultra-dark note; I think it was an apropos ending to a book about a hyperintelligent cannibal free from the bonds of morality. If it had ended like the movie it would have fallen resoundingly flat in my opinion. Instead it ended in a crescendo of taboo that shocked and pleasantly offended me, which was an interesting and memorable experience. As a result, it's one of my favorite books.
    Me too. I've read it four times now, I think, and SK loved it too.

"We can only learn so much and live."
    The end was fantastic. Best book of the series.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Fun fact: my first date with my wife was at the theater where the book ends. 😁
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I like Turtles.

Along the Path of the Beam jonster monster has a spectacular aura about jonster monster has a spectacular aura about jonster monster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    I like Turtles.
    That video never fails to get a laugh out of me

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

[QUOTE=jonster monster;1229588][QUOTE=MLG;1229577]
    The news station is actually my local news source. I remember seeing it when it originally aired. The reporter is long gone but the station still revisits this occasionally. If I recall correctly they even followed up with the boy as a teenager.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Never read Hannibal or the others. Saw SOTL movie, didn't really care for it either with Jodie Foster's horrible fake accent.

I have, however, read every Calvin & Hobbes ever published and STILL would love to see C&H get the Suntup treatment!!!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Along the Path of the Beam jonster monster has a spectacular aura about jonster monster has a spectacular aura about jonster monster's Avatar

Mail's here!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=MLG;1229614][QUOTE=jonster monster;1229588]
    The news station is actually my local news source. I remember seeing it when it originally aired. The reporter is long gone but the station still revisits this occasionally. If I recall correctly they even followed up with the boy as a teenager.
    Ok, I have no idea who this is supposed to be. Do I want to know? Or is it better I don't ask?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=amd013;1229624][QUOTE=MLG;1229614]
    Quote Originally Posted by jonster monster View Post
    Ok, I have no idea who this is supposed to be. Do I want to know? Or is it better I don't ask?
    Id love to know
    lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

sorry, not sure how to embed videos - but this is the video that the kid comes from

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonster monster View Post

sorry, not sure how to embed videos - but this is the video that the kid comes from
    You just needed to remove the s from https.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Never read Hannibal or the others. Saw SOTL movie, didn't really care for it either with Jodie Foster's horrible fake accent.

I have, however, read every Calvin & Hobbes ever published and STILL would love to see C&H get the Suntup treatment!!!
    I would love this!! Always would read those as a kid and I just got the complete collection a year ago

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Off topic, but if you haven't yet seen the documentary 'Dear Mr. Watterson' - it's something you'd probably enjoy.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Jodi Foster as Clarice Starling was the worst decision in an otherwise perfect movie. And it was impossible not to see Foster as I read Silence of the Lambs recently. She was totally miscast. I much prefer the second actress to play Starling—Julianne Moore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    Off topic, but if you haven't yet seen the documentary 'Dear Mr. Watterson' - it's something you'd probably enjoy.
    I did see it and liked it very much. I know he never does interviews or comes out in public but I kept waiting for him to pop up in that documentary and surprise us all at the end. He actually only lives like 20 minutes from me. I mean I’m not some creep who knows his address or anything I just know he lives in the area. To be honest i mean even if you did see him would you even know it’s him? Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 532 of 645 FirstFirst ... 32 432 482 522 530 531 532 533 534 542 582 632 ... LastLast