Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 453 of 645 FirstFirst ... 353 403 443 451 452 453 454 455 463 503 553 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,325 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyDRB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    Well my first request will never happen but I went with Blood Meridian. It’s my favorite book ever so I had to put it up there. And for my second choice I went with Slaughterhouse Five. I feel like it’s a really good fit for a Suntup edition. Good blend of classic literature and sci fi.
    Why do you think Blood Meridian is a non starter? I put that in the survey as well. I've imagined a Francois Vaillancourt illustrated Suntup edition that would sell 750 AGE's easily...don't get me started on how on fire the #'ed or Lettered would be...
    I’m
    Waiting for the day Francois gets a Suntup. He is my favourite artist working today other than Whelan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One word:

American Psycho

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    One word:

American Psyco
    That’s two though. Haha but I hear ya loud and clear!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    One word:

American Psyco

Was hoping the "one word" would get attention.

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Well my first request will never happen but I went with Blood Meridian. It’s my favorite book ever so I had to put it up there. And for my second choice I went with Slaughterhouse Five. I feel like it’s a really good fit for a Suntup edition. Good blend of classic literature and sci fi.
    Why do you think Blood Meridian is a non starter? I put that in the survey as well. I've imagined a Francois Vaillancourt illustrated Suntup edition that would sell 750 AGE's easily...don't get me started on how on fire the #'ed or Lettered would be...
    Well I know Paul has done 2 Shirley Jackson books so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities that he does a second mccarthy book but I just think it’s unlikely he does another anytime soon with all of the other possibilities out there of authors he hasn’t published yet. Also I don’t think Mccarthy would actually agree to sign any of the editions because he doesn’t really sign anything anymore. That doesn’t mean it couldn’t be published like the road was. I guess my point is I just think it’s unlikely unfortunately. But that’s just my very very uneducated opinion. Lol. I agree though it would be an amazing edition

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I know Paul has done 2 Shirley Jackson books so it’s not out of the realm of possibilities that he does a second mccarthy book but I just think it’s unlikely he does another anytime soon with all of the other possibilities out there of authors he hasn’t published yet. Also I don’t think Mccarthy would actually agree to sign any of the editions because he doesn’t really sign anything anymore. That doesn’t mean it couldn’t be published like the road was. I guess my point is I just think it’s unlikely unfortunately. But that’s just my very very uneducated opinion. Lol. I agree though it would be an amazing edition
    someone mentioned that he will only not sign The Road.
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Yes he won’t sign the road because he only signed x amount of copies for his son upon release. Generally speaking though he just doesn’t sign much of anything. Like there isn’t much of his signed out there of any edition

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Really looking forward to Red Dragon. The AGE at $65 was an absolute steal!

Don't think we'll be seeing that price for an AGE again. I can understand why though. I'm sure with some of those AGE's you had to have been losing money.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Paul, I’m going to further lobby for a Suntup edition of American Gods. It’s one of my all-time favorites.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the original art by Joseph Schindelman. Replacing his work with a different artist for that book and my interest would drop considerably, but a Suntup edition with that artwork would be the prize possession of my collection.
    You literally couldn't ask for a better book to apply my scratch-n-sniff idea to, it would be absolutely perfect!

Ah, but how hard would it be NOT to scratch the scratch-n-sniffs? Could you avoid the olfactory temptations of Wonka's Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemellow Delight, Fizzy Lifting Drinks, and Square Sweets That Look Round? Would you be able to keep your kids from licking the Lickable Wallpaper? How long would the scents of Swudge, Everlasting Gobstoppers, Snozberries, and ... ohhhh... the Chocolate River wafting through the air drive you crazy before you did something about it? Why, just the very thought! Of course, you could always just get TWO copies, one with which to indulge your every childhood whim and the other to keep "mint" (ha ha).

The gift edition? Why, the wraps could be candy wraps. The numbered? A swirling of different colored chocolates. The Lettered ... the lettered ... the letters themselves could be made of peppermint and put under a clear mount embedded in the cover. Or, to make the temptation worse, in the spirit of Regulator checks and Blockade Billy baseball cards the letters could actually be moulded into chocolate, individually wrapped, and accessible in a small separate gift box ... so you'd forever be torn between eating or not eating your letter.

Or, of course, all the above could be for the numbered, but for the lettered ... the letters are each emblazoned upon a Golden Ticket. Or maybe both the numbered AND lettered are on golden tickets, but while the numbered are, say, a gold foil, the lettered tickets are done up in beautiful gold leaf.

Paul, this is the opportunity of a lifetime to create a book as never has been seen! Remember, "Invention is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple." The rest is up to you!!!
    SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY!!!

In regards to various comments upthread:

Enthusiastic YES to Lord of the Flies. I might even put that ahead of Jurassic Park on my Suntup wishlist. Lonesome Dove also would be amazing.

Any limited edition that Cormac McCarthy agrees to sign would be fantastic.

I agree with Kris that Francois is a very talented artist who would be great for the right Suntup production.

I love Vonnegut dearly. Breakfast of Champions and Slaughter House-Five get all the special editions - many signed by the author before he passed away. I would be happy with either of those, but even happier if Suntup chose another book of his.

I feel mostly the same way about Gaiman. The Hill House signed limited edition of American Gods is beautiful and it even comes with a matching numbered softcover reading copy. Why try to improve on Hill House when Gaiman has written so many other books that have only lesser quality special editions?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I think I wiped a tear when I saw The Butcher Boy among the list of titles. Just that it's a consideration is amazing. Thank you.
    Just looked this up on Amazon and immediately ordered! This and Night Film are two books I'd never heard of until people mentioned them in the context of this survey but seem right up my alley.

Once Suntup did an edition of Madison County, I figure anything is game. For the fill-in-the-blanks, I suggested:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the original art by Joseph Schindelman. Replacing his work with a different artist for that book and my interest would drop considerably, but a Suntup edition with that artwork would be the prize possession of my collection.

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood.

If there had been another, I would have suggested Jurassic Park.
    Every time there's an open ended question about possible Suntup books you bring up Margaret Atwood and every time I wholeheartedly agree. It's a damn shame that none of her stuff has been given the deluxe treatment! She's written lots of stuff that I couldn't really get into but her best stuff is really good (The Handmaid's Tale, The Blind Assassin, and the Maddaddam trilogy are my favorites).
    I would have suggested the entire Maddaddam Trilogy but I didn’t want to get greedy, so I went with just the first book. If rights are available, The Handmaid’s Tale would be the obvious, safe choice and no one would question it, but doing the Maddaddam Trilogy would be glorious.

I own The Blind Assassin but haven’t gotten to it. I’ll move it up the list on your recommendation. Thanks. (Butcher Boy is on my To Read list as well thanks to Jeff.)
    Is the Madaddam Trilogy good?
    If you like a weird dystopian future, some of which seems within the realm of possibility, read Oryx and Crake. Interested in your impressions. If it grabs you, read the others.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    Paul, I’m going to further lobby for a Suntup edition of American Gods. It’s one of my all-time favorites.
    I used one of my two "picks" on American Gods. I answered Neverwhere in the Neil Gaiman list. That way I got two of Neil's into my request list. Love his books. I'd also love to delegate publishing a full library of Neil's work to Lyra's Books but I'm certain that would drive Rich insane! Meantime, Paul having a go at one would be awesome.

Side-note that I sacrificed Hex by Thomas Olde Heuvelt. Really would be cool to see it get the Suntup treatment. Just the thought of what Paul would do with stitching on the cover gives me creeps.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Traveler KKTara is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=zelig;1211508]Thank you to all those who submitted the survey. These are really helpful to me so that I can target the most requested titles. Sometimes the results are surprising. Lots of chatter about Murakami, but 46% chose "None of the above" for that list. Still, there's enough interest to possibly go after one of these.]

Love the survey, Paul! It's clear that you take input from your customers into consideration & I think that's awesome! Any chance you would release the full survey results? Would love to see what books my fellow Suntup fans are clamoring for.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by KKTara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thank you to all those who submitted the survey. These are really helpful to me so that I can target the most requested titles. Sometimes the results are surprising. Lots of chatter about Murakami, but 46% chose "None of the above" for that list. Still, there's enough interest to possibly go after one of these.
    Love the survey, Paul! It's clear that you take input from your customers into consideration & I think that's awesome! Any chance you would release the full survey results? Would love to see what books my fellow Suntup fans are clamoring for.
    I wish I had taken a screenshot as I went along through the survey so I could remember all the choices. It occurred to me at the end, but there was no back button on the survey.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

One word:

American Psycho

Lol 🤣

But it got my vote too, along with Darkly Dreaming Dexter and The Impossible Times trilogy.
    I do wonder though how many people voted for all of these books, i already have a matching signed/limited set of The Impossible Times trilogy but still it would be cool to add a Suntup edition next to it. 🙃
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

I remember seeing The Troop on there by Nick Cutter. I remember reading it and I liked it. It wasn’t something I’d put down as a all time favorite but it was fun. I would love to see artwork for it though in a limited edition. There are some really gory horrific gross parts in that book that would make some great illustrations

Country
    Country Flag

There were A LOT of books I didn't know on the survey. I feel that I have expanded my horizons a LOT since Suntup. I decided to read every one and NOW I am reading ones that "might be a Suntup". IF ANYTHING... I will thank Paul for that. So many new books I have tried that I would not have. Have I liked them all? No.... but I have not hated any of them either..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

There were A LOT of books I didn't know on the survey. I feel that I have expanded my horizons a LOT since Suntup. I decided to read every one and NOW I am reading ones that "might be a Suntup". IF ANYTHING... I will thank Paul for that. So many new books I have tried that I would not have. Have I liked them all? No.... but I have not hated any of them either..
    I agree. I knew some, but there were a lot I did not. I feel Suntup is going to expand my reading list beyond King and I thank Paul for doing that.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I can't afford the time to hunt down and read everything Suntup publishes, but I agree that Suntup's "seal of approval" (so to speak) means something to me, just as historical or biographical works produced by Folio Society tend to be notable ones worth consideration (I at least look into everything Suntup publishes, and while FS' history is too long to even examine them all, I've looked into quite a few).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Agree with this! I never had any desire to read Rosemary's Baby and after reading the AGE, it's one of my favorite books. Perfectly done. And I had planned on reading I Am Legend, Brother, and Haunting of Hill House, but never had a fire under my ass for them. They got pushed up the list as Suntup editions and I thought they were all exceptional reads. And that's not to mention all the books I've loved that became SE's--THE ROAD (!), Red Dragon, Fahrenheit 451, 1984. I remember when I heard Suntup was doing Misery I thought "it's about time a publisher recognized this King book and gave it the special treatment it deserves." So I trust Paul to pick excellent books.

If Paul thinks it's worth doing, I'll definitely think it's worth reading.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This is great, Kris. What a fun, motivating reason to read books we may not have otherwise. Suntup Editions spurred me to read Brother and Haunting of Hill House. Currently reading Rosemary’s Baby and then will read LTROI. That leaves Bibliomysteries remaining unread for me. We’ll see what the next announcements bring.

EdiT: I still need to read Red Dragon as well.

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    One word:

American Psycho

Lol 🤣

But it got my vote too, along with Darkly Dreaming Dexter and The Impossible Times trilogy.
    I do wonder though how many people voted for all of these books, i already have a matching signed/limited set of The Impossible Times trilogy but still it would be cool to add a Suntup edition next to it. 🙃
    I voted for both American Psycho and Darkly Dreaming Dexter. I did wonder if Paul gets somewhat concerned about customers based on which books they select.

Gunslinger Apprentice GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    One word:

American Psycho

Lol 🤣

I voted for both American Psycho and Darkly Dreaming Dexter. I did wonder if Paul gets somewhat concerned about customers based on which books they select.
    Hmmm, this gentle(wo)man has picked 3 books in a row about cannabalism...where's that ignore / mute button again?

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wish I had taken a screenshot as I went along through the survey so I could remember all the choices. It occurred to me at the end, but there was no back button on the survey.
    Just click on the email button like you were taking it. It comes up again even tho I've taken the survey.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

Just click on the email button like you were taking it. It comes up again even tho I've taken the survey.
    *facepalm* You’re a genius!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 453 of 645 FirstFirst ... 353 403 443 451 452 453 454 455 463 503 553 ... LastLast