Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 323 of 644 FirstFirst ... 223 273 313 321 322 323 324 325 333 373 423 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,075 of 16091

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, now waiting for mine stuck in customs is even more agonizing THANKS for those beautiful pictures
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    That looks great! Must say though, feel bad for the person on eBay paying over $350 for the numbered when they are still available on the site in abundance.
    I always feel I should call people out on that, but then I always end up thinking that any self respecting collector / buyer checks the original publisher first before buying on second market... I guess this will be an eternal internal struggle for me ...
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    That looks great! Must say though, feel bad for the person on eBay paying over $350 for the numbered when they are still available on the site in abundance.
    I always feel I should call people out on that, but then I always end up thinking that any self respecting collector / buyer checks the original publisher first before buying on second market... I guess this will be an eternal internal struggle for me ...
    The onus is on the buyer. Always do your research before buying.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    The onus is on the buyer. Always do your research before buying.
    I guess... but the gullible, the impulsive and the unknowing need some form of protection no?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Sure. There are return policies and fraud protection. But of the seller isn’t doing anything illegal and they find someone that is willing to spend more good on them. Look at very fine books. They have buyers that pay well over market and are very willing to do so.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I tend to agree, but I also think “caveat emptor” has limits. I think the seller is responsible for the accuracy of the listing, including whether something is signed and by whom, what number it is, any condition problems, etc. In short, they need to be honest and complete about what they are selling. But, given that, a seller can list an item for whatever price they want.

In this case I don’t think the seller is doing anything wrong.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah it’s one thing to see the people pay way more than they need to. But I would also much rather see Paul get the sales. Maybe the buyers on eBay are gunning for a real number below 250, knowing they can’t match anything over 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Yeah it’s one thing to see the people pay way more than they need to. But I would also much rather see Paul get the sales. Maybe the buyers on eBay are gunning for a real number below 250, knowing they can’t match anything over 250.

Yeah its a bummer the publisher is missing on the sale. Copy going for over $350 is #208 too. And I agree the seller isn't doing anything wrong, just feel bad for buyer/publisher.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah its a bummer the publisher is missing on the sale. Copy going for over $350 is #208 too.
    Yeah. And if the buyer is hunting a real number then they can request 208 in the next numbered offered for sale and hope to begin a matching set of Suntups. Otherwise it makes no sense to pay $80 more for a book Paul could send brand new.

But caveat emptor and all that. It’s still fun to watch that secondary.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Isn’t 208 Kingfan2323 here??!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

It is him. Kind of a shitty thing to not disclose.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I admit I don't watch the Suntup videos or follow them on Facebook, but I notice on the site there is a lock on the first picture of BROTHER. Is this included with the lettered edition? If it's just something to do with the story PLEASE don't tell me what it is as I have not read the book yet, I just want to know if this was part of the lettered package because it looks kind of cool.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I admit I don't watch the Suntup videos or follow them on Facebook, but I notice on the site there is a lock on the first picture of BROTHER. Is this included with the lettered edition? If it's just something to do with the story PLEASE don't tell me what it is as I have not read the book yet, I just want to know if this was part of the lettered package because it looks kind of cool.
    It is not.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

What is a shitty thing to not disclose? That it is still available from the publisher? He listed a book ~$50 above the cost to purchase it. Someone bid on it. Capitalism at it's finest! /s
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Why? Nothing about his listing is misleading. Do the research. It is very easy to google. Maybe the buyer wants 208 to have a foot in the door of other releases.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Why? Nothing about his listing is misleading. Do the research. It is very easy to google. Maybe the buyer wants 208 to have a foot in the door of other releases.
    Brother is not the last release.... And yes Brian.... it is the way.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Last thing I want to do is come off bad on here. Can you help me out with what I did wrong? I paid $314.31 total for my copy of Brother (I had to make payments so paid more) I marked it up 13% to cover Ebay fees (they are probably higher now for all I know). I was the first copy of Brother on Ebay and someone bid. So I am making zero profit actually. After everything is said and done losing a few bucks actually.

Confused but want to make it right.

Thanks;

Bryan

seeking: anything DT#246, Strange Weather (CD)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Last thing I want to do is come off bad on here. Can you help me out with what I did wrong? I paid $314.31 total for my copy of Brother (I had to make payments so paid more) I marked it up 13% to cover Ebay fees. I was the first copy of Brother on Ebay and someone bid. So I am making zero profit actually. After everything is said and done losing a few bucks actually.

Thanks;

Bryan

Makes sense man. Sorry brother!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Last thing I want to do is come off bad on here. Can you help me out with what I did wrong? I paid $314.31 total for my copy of Brother (I had to make payments so paid more) I marked it up 13% to cover Ebay fees. I was the first copy of Brother on Ebay and someone bid. So I am making zero profit actually. After everything is said and done losing a few bucks actually.

Thanks;

Bryan

Thanks for saying that, Kris.

Hope that is good clarification, Jeffingoff and Pennyunwise. If you need more clarification please feel free to let me know. So yeah. . . zero profit And I am also confused because in the decades of collecting I have never once seen a book sell on the secondary market mention (or "disclose") whether they are still available from the publisher.

Collecting is a small world so hope this clarifies things.

P.S - I do not think I have made a profit on a book (King or Otherwise) Ever. Usually lose money. So there is that. Ha!

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Thanks;

Bryan

Hope that is good clarification, Jeffingoff and Pennyunwise. If you need more clarification please feel free to let me know. So yeah. . . zero profit And I am also confused because in the decades of collecting I have never once seen a book sell on the secondary market mention (or "disclose") whether they are still available from the publisher.

I have no problem with you! Sorry if you thought so. I fully understand getting money back. I just feel unfortunate for the publisher on missing a sale, and the buyer spending extra cash.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Country
    Country Flag

Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Thanks;

Bryan

I have no problem with you! Sorry if you thought so. I fully understand getting money back. I just feel unfortunate for the publisher on missing a sale, and the buyer spending extra cash.
    I gotcha. No problem. Publisher did not miss the sale. I bought it from them. So balance is achieved. Ha!

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Thanks;

Bryan

P.S - I do not think I have made a profit on a book (King or Otherwise) Ever. Usually lose money. So there is that. Ha!

Like Penny Unwise, I have no problem with your listing or your asking price. None at all. I was merely looking at things from the perspective of the buyer. With a copy readily available from Suntup, I don't understand why anyone would jump to eBay in search of dank Suntup goodness. Especially if it's for more than the published price. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the search for a real number.

I was also looking at it from my perspective as a collector and fan of Suntup. I'd like to see Paul sell out his inventory so that money can go back into fueling the Suntup engine which will produce the best books out there.

But I totally respect and understand your position and really, you can ask whatever you want for whatever you sell. If you asked $800 and got $800 then that's between you and the buyer. I will say as someone who already has the book in hand, I don't mind anything that appears to drive up the value of the book. So there's that.

I hope your auction goes smoothly and the buyer is pleased.

EDIT--I realize my continued reference to "real number" can seem to disregard the very real numbers between 251 and 500. I mean no offense to Paul or anyone who bought books with those numbers. My "real number" remark is simply shorthand for the numbers that are in the majority of the Suntup print runs (1-250).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Thanks;

Bryan

I feel your pain. Even if I buy straight from Suntup. I get charged 9.5% sales tax. I'd have to sell that book on Ebay for at least 25 to 30% over retail to break even.

Country
    Country Flag

Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Thanks;

Bryan

Like Penny Unwise, I have no problem with your listing or your asking price. None at all. I was merely looking at things from the perspective of the buyer. With a copy readily available from Suntup, I don't understand why anyone would jump to eBay in search of dank Suntup goodness. Especially if it's for more than the published price. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the search for a real number.

I was also looking at it from my perspective as a collector and fan of Suntup. I'd like to see Paul sell out his inventory so that money can go back into fueling the Suntup engine which will produce the best books out there.

But I totally respect and understand your position and really, you can ask whatever you want for whatever you sell. If you asked $800 and got $800 then that's between you and the buyer. I will say as someone who already has the book in hand, I don't mind anything that appears to drive up the value of the book. So there's that.

I hope your auction goes smoothly and the buyer is pleased.
    On a serious note: First of all . . .I finally watched your videos AND they are great! Shell shock from other awful unboxing videos kept me away. Officially hooked. Ha!

Second of all. . . I am getting my money back on Brother to spend it (plus way more) on Suntup. And. . . Brother will sell out at the publisher. So we are all good there.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Great photos! That Lettered edition is stunning.
    +1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 323 of 644 FirstFirst ... 223 273 313 321 322 323 324 325 333 373 423 ... LastLast