Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 450 of 645 FirstFirst ... 350 400 440 448 449 450 451 452 460 500 550 ... LastLast
Results 11,226 to 11,250 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    That way, it fooled me into thinking The Lottery was an ARC. My fault.
    Congrats again though. I have IAL and THOHH.
    I think an ARC of The Lottery would pretty much just be a chapbook... But it'd be AMAZING!

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Can I just say that I have never been more thrilled by a survey than when I just opened that one and was immediately asked about Haruki Murakami?!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    Can I just say that I have never been more thrilled by a survey than when I just opened that one and was immediately asked about Haruki Murakami?!
    I’ve never read any of his work. What’s he most famous for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I'd say he's most well known for The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle or 1Q84. I'd recommend starting with A Wild Sheep Chase or Norwegian Wood, if you wanted to read some of his works.

He has a very easy to read style, equal parts surreal and melancholy.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonder if it’s a good or bad thing that I didn’t really have any non-SK suggestions for a limited edition. I guess after Let the Right One In it’s hard for me to think of something I really want to see.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Amazed

I went with Silence of the Lambs and Weaveworld for my two suggestions.
    Searching for:
    CD S/L's of:
    Gwendy's BB
    Gwendy's MF

Country
    Country Flag

Suggestion #1 - Fifty Shades of Grey
    Suggestion #2 - a matching buttplug paperweight

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd say he's most well known for The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle or 1Q84. I'd recommend starting with A Wild Sheep Chase or Norwegian Wood, if you wanted to read some of his works.

Anything Murakami-related would be fantastic! "1Q84" is probably the book most consistent with Suntup's horror/sci fi line but I would also recommend "Kafka on the Shore." "Killing Commendatore" is another with a bit of horror that would work with Suntup.

My two picks beyond Murakami are:

1) Under the Skin by Michel Faber
    2) The Wolfen by Whitley Strieber

Gunslinger Apprentice GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amazed

I’d love to see some
    Blake Crouch..... happy to see him on there.

Me as well Kris! The one's I picked also lent themselves well to fantastic art, while continuing to focus on some themes important to our times whether dystopian, humanity in general, or a perspective to drive some individual introspection.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

My suggestions:
    The Secret History
    House of Leaves

Gunslinger Apprentice GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amazed

Suggestion #1 - Fifty Shades of Grey
    Suggestion #2 - a matching buttplug paperweight
    Can I approve of this post with a hearty LOL, but pass on the physical aspects of both suggestions?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Suntup Royal treatment on either of my two suggestions would be spectacular:

1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy

2. Jurassic Park

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    The Suntup Royal treatment on either of my two suggestions would be spectacular:

1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy

2. Jurassic Park
    Jurassic Park! Excellent choice!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I think I wiped a tear when I saw The Butcher Boy among the list of titles. Just that it's a consideration is amazing. Thank you.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post

Anything Murakami-related would be fantastic! "1Q84" is probably the book most consistent with Suntup's horror/sci fi line but I would also recommend "Kafka on the Shore." "Killing Commendatore" is another with a bit of horror that would work with Suntup.

My two picks beyond Murakami are:

1) Under the Skin by Michel Faber
    2) The Wolfen by Whitley Strieber
    Centipede Press recently did an edition of Kafka on the Shore, so that one may not be likely.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I think I wiped a tear when I saw The Butcher Boy among the list of titles. Just that it's a consideration is amazing. Thank you.
    I had the same reaction when seeing The Impossible Times trilogy amongst the list of living authors. Just the mere possibility of it not being totally impossible is just great, the fact that it has been taken in consideration. 😉

Thank you!
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

And I decided to color in the title page myself. I think I did a pretty good job...
    Your work calls this to mind:

Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I went for

Replay by Ken Grimwood
    Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris

I take it both are in development by omission from the previous lists..result
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    And I decided to color in the title page myself. I think I did a pretty good job...
    Your work calls this to mind:

That is one of my most famous works--Whistler's Stepmother.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    I had the same reaction when seeing The Impossible Times trilogy amongst the list of living authors. Just the mere possibility of it not being totally impossible is just great, the fact that it has been taken in consideration. 😉

Thank you!
    Even if it gets no other votes, it meant a lot for me to see it there.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

In honor of Jeff I voted that every Bentley Little book needs the Suntup treatment starting with The Mailman.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    In honor of Jeff I voted that every Bentley Little book needs the Suntup treatment starting with The Mailman.
    Lol! I'm telling you, there's a bizarre future timeline out there where Little will be a GUEST on Jeff's show.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Once Suntup did an edition of Madison County, I figure anything is game. For the fill-in-the-blanks, I suggested:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the original art by Joseph Schindelman. Replacing his work with a different artist for that book and my interest would drop considerably, but a Suntup edition with that artwork would be the prize possession of my collection.

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood.

If there had been another, I would have suggested Jurassic Park.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I chose The Ocean at the End of the Lane for Gaiman (and could easily have gone for Coraline or Neverwhere), but I've read nothing from Murakami. I have read a few things from Vonnegut, but I detest his work and chose nothing.

I only chose two from the "choose three" list: The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (of which I've only read about 20-30 pages of an online sample - but how fantastic that bit was) and All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.

My open suggestions were Shadowland (Straub) and The Name of the Wind (Rothfuss).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Well, then, I think what you'll witness is an old-fashioned case of Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD). Due to that trauma, my psyche will have no choice but to bifurcate and create a new personality--one willing to accept and look forward with gleeful anticipation to a Suntup book authored by Little. This new personality will take full ownership of those feelings, while my original personality will simply "lose time" and have no recollection that those books ever existed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 450 of 645 FirstFirst ... 350 400 440 448 449 450 451 452 460 500 550 ... LastLast