Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 408 of 645 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 418 458 508 ... LastLast
Results 10,176 to 10,200 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here there is only a personal opinion.
    I have bought Bibliomysteries to keep my number. It is a nice design, although we have only seen the dustjacket, we do not know the design of the spine and other details. If the spine is similar to the lettered edition, it would be great news for everyone. The illustration, I know that most people like it, and I am among them. The artist, although using straight lines, has good technique, excellent use of color, his style can transmit the essence of each story.
    The stories are not the Best of Bibliomysteries, the selected stories have a regular literary quality, can highlight F. Paul Wilson and John Connolly. But we lost Joe R. Lansdale, Joyce Carol Oates and Michael Koryta, they also published stories for Bibliomysteries. Maybe there is a Bibliomysteries vol. 2?
    However, although they are mystery books, there is something of fantasy and suspense. Despite all that, I have not been bewitched.
    Bibliomysteries is the most successful after King. This needs a newspaper article.
    Mis felicitaciones a Suntup.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, it sold out faster than Red Dragon? Outstanding! I'm surprised, but that shouldn't be a surprise considering I'm a newbie to this particular genre. Congrats Paul and the Suntup team!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Black Miau View Post
    Maybe there is a Bibliomysteries vol. 2?
    Now this could actually be the case. In the mail he stated : "This is a very unique book for us as it marks our first release in the mystery genre"

Our first release, these words could specifically be saying it's not going to be Suntup's only release in the mystery genre and could indeed have it's follow up.

Which brings me back to the title page, it includes the year 2021.
    I already posted this earlier on this thread but i'll include it again with this one.

I still think it's an error but what if he did this to let us know he's planning to release Bibliomysteries once a year ?

Now for the June release; i absolutely want it to be 1984 with a new intro written & signed by King. So i've got my fingers crossed!

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I have no problem if Paul ventures into the Mystery realm of books and stories. Again, I have not read much mystery so it would be neat if there were more down the road.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if mentioned here, but majority of releases are 2 per household but this has 1 per household.

Maximising the customer base for the next release? Giving more people a chance to own that book (and this one obviously)

Also, a new quarterly update due too next month.

Fun times
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Miau View Post
    Maybe there is a Bibliomysteries vol. 2?
    Now this could actually be the case. In the mail he stated : "This is a very unique book for us as it marks our first release in the mystery genre"

Our first release, these words could specifically be saying it's not going to be Suntup's only release in the mystery genre and could indeed have it's follow up.

Which brings me back to the title page, it includes the year 2021.
    I already posted this earlier on this thread but i'll include it again with this one.

I still think it's an error but what if he did this to let us know he's planning to release Bibliomysteries once a year ?
    My speculation is that it will ship in 2021. There are many titles in production and then wait for the shipping phase. However, Suntup does not fail on shipping dates.

Yes, I also believe after this resounding success that there will be Bibliomysteries vol. 2. Maybe in 2022, if we are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    Now for the June release; i absolutely want it to be 1984 with a new intro written & signed by King. So i've got my fingers crossed!
    If Jeff says the next book is 1984, I believe him . I still dream of having my first King signature.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

People seem surprised that this book sold out faster than Red Dragon. RD has a 1000-copy gift edition while Biblio has none. With RD you had another option, but with the new book, it’s numbered or nothing. (Lettered editions are locked up so they don’t count.)
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Not sure if mentioned here, but majority of releases are 2 per household but this has 1 per household.

Maximising the customer base for the next release? Giving more people a chance to own that book (and this one obviously)

Also, a new quarterly update due too next month.

Fun times
    It was possible to purchase up to two if you owned two of the last title during the pre-order.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, so remaining books after the pre order were bought by new individuals, if people stuck to rules. Wasn’t there 30 available.

Not many more new people to the limited, but still possibly 30 more. Not sure what my point is, but just an observation.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Gunslinger Apprentice HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Amazed

Seems like I am interrupting a conversation here but hey, that I what I am good at! Lol
    I am hunting for any #247's. I have from Brother forward #247 and would love to get the others.
    Thanks!
    Searching for:
    CD S/L's of:
    Gwendy's BB
    Gwendy's MF

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HorrorfanTom View Post
    Seems like I am interrupting a conversation here but hey, that I what I am good at! Lol
    I am hunting for any #247's. I have from Brother forward #247 and would love to get the others.
    Thanks!
    We can help you keep a look out. You took Hill House off your search list right? Only 185.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Gunslinger Apprentice HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough HorrorfanTom is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Thanks!
    We can help you keep a look out. You took Hill House off your search list right? Only 185.

Yessir! I have a PC copy of HHH
    Searching for:
    CD S/L's of:
    Gwendy's BB
    Gwendy's MF

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willybusmc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    Wow can’t believe I actually got a copy. My first Suntup numbered. So excited and even more so for next months!
    Congratulations and welcome to the club! We don’t have T Shirts, but we do have a kick ass mug.
    At this point, I’d say we’re more of a cult than a club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

Great idea. I like that better than a random number. Good idea.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

That’s pretty cool!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't see any real connection between King and 1984. If it were Lord of the Flies, then maybe but not Orwell. Hill seems most likely due to availability but that would detract from the book in my opinion. McCarthy would be my choice if limited to authors already published by SP. Someone like Margaret Atwood or Haruki Murakami would be perfect for 1984, though.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    Wow can’t believe I actually got a copy. My first Suntup numbered. So excited and even more so for next months!
    Congratulations and welcome to the club! We don’t have T Shirts, but we do have a kick ass mug.
    At this point, I’d say we’re more of a cult than a club.

He speaks truth!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I don't see any real connection between King and 1984. If it were Lord of the Flies, then maybe but not Orwell. Hill seems most likely due to availability but that would detract from the book in my opinion. McCarthy would be my choice if limited to authors already published by SP. Someone like Margaret Atwood or Haruki Murakami would be perfect for 1984, though.
    Murakami is an excellent suggestion.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'll sign all the copies of 1984 if nobody else wants to. I read the book back in hiskool.
    Just make sure I get my free signer's copies.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Country
    Country Flag

There will be no AGE. I might get the Folio Society edition as my AGE.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Yes, i read that list a while back too. King also uses quotes from 1984 on twitter every now and then, not too often but it happens.

If not King then McCarthy would be very cool as others have stated Hill signs everything he can get his hands on.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger Apprentice willybusmc has a spectacular aura about willybusmc has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So here’s a question. If it does turn out to be 1984 with a side of King, what price point would you expect?

My Mood
    Cool

You know what, I really don't cares who signs it. I am not buying the sig, I am buying the book. So if it's King McCarthy or Hill, it really won't matter to me. All
    that matters is that if we are right, one of seminal novels of the 20th century is getting the Suntup treatment and that's good enough for me. So I won't be guessing
    anymore.

Country
    Country Flag

So here’s a question. If it does turn out to be 1984 with a side of King, what price point would you expect?
    It’ll cost whatever. And That’s exactly what I’ll pay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 408 of 645 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 418 458 508 ... LastLast