Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 456 of 644 FirstFirst ... 356 406 446 454 455 456 457 458 466 506 556 ... LastLast
Results 11,376 to 11,400 of 16087

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but given the choice of Suntup or SubPress doing RP2, I'd prefer the latter. SubPress did a fine job of RP1, and they are masters at maintaining consistency of design across volumes in a series.

HBJ
    HERETIC!!!

I'm totally joking. Like I said above, I like the SubPress RP1 and am looking forward to RP2 but IF, for some reason, they're not publishing it and the S/L rights are available then I think Paul could knock it out of the park. The combo RP1/RP2 idea could even be shelved for a 10th or 15h anniversary edition ... give everybody something to look forward to.

Honestly I just hope the story doesn't suck. RP1 was a rare one for me in that I absolutely loved both the book and the movie; is RP2 going to be an Aliens, or is it going to be a Grease 2?
    Hey, hey, whaddaya have against bowling alleys and cool riders?!?
    Can I change my survey answer to a Suntup Edition of the Grease 2 script??

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    A Suntup shipping notice!!!

Always nice to get a book way ahead of schedule.
    Nothing for me yet. I ordered both so maybe tomorrow when the numbered are scheduled.
    But your right, always awesome to get it shipped ahead of schedule.
    I got a shipping notice too. 😎
    I agree though, always nice ahead of schedule.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received Lottery yesterday. That is a fine piece of art. Exceptional.

And not to sound dismissive, Red Dragon shipped last night!!! The book i have been waiting for.

A little worried as on holiday in a week time, and hermes left Lottery was left on the doorstep!
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got the shipping notice for Red Dragon to Australia. Continue to be impressed with Suntup's consistent ability to delivery on, or ahead of, schedule, thus far.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Okay. Your decision, but happy to replace it. I checked with the printer and it's what he calls a "double". Two sheets went through the press at the same time, so one missed the red ink. And as you say, by some universal adjustment, it ended up in your book!
    I'm printing these comments out for provenance and authentication. So when my kids sell the books to help fund their boat purchases, they can have a testament to their father's collecting logic.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

And not to sound dismissive, Red Dragon shipped last night!!! The book i have been waiting for.

A little worried as on holiday in a week time, and hermes left Lottery was left on the doorstep!
    This is very risky. Please send me a PM with your order number. I would rather send using a different carrier or you aren’t going to be there. It’s unlikely it will arrive before you go on holiday.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Received my LET THE RIGHT ONE IN galley yesterday. I think this is the first Suntup book that I've never read before.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

This is very risky. Please send me a PM with your order number. I would rather send using a different carrier or you aren’t going to be there. It’s unlikely it will arrive before you go on holiday.
    Thanks Paul, very much appreciated. I sent my email earlier and you have kindly changed carriers. Thank you, gives a lot more control, ie send delivery to the post office etc.

Cheers
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I received shipping notices for both RED DRAGON numbered and gift editions- in one day. Outstanding! Needless to say- I'm extremely excited to see these books!

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Books inbound. Oh happy day!!

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait to reread the Hannibal series again with this beautiful edition.

I'm also trying to get my hands on the limited edition of The Silence of the Lambs from SubPress
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I'm also trying to get my hands on the limited edition of The Silence of the Lambs from SubPress
    I've been debating selling my numbered but I have not seen a sale of one lately so I'm not sure what they would go for.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Got my shipping info for numbered and AGE for Red Dragon earlier today. Can't wait to get these in person.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

'SILENCE' was my first choice in the recent Suntup survey in books I'd like to see them publish, and I hope it was others' as well. If Paul does it- and it looks as promising as RED DRAGON's design (and, I'm sure it will), and I'm lucky enough to land a copy (see below), it would be a very hard choice indeed whether to sell my Subpress edition- signed or no. I've really grown to love that edition, despite my initial reticence to Marshall Arisman's artwork. It's a grower, definitely. Like any good art, really. But, I'm a big fan of that whole package now.

Presumably, Paul could get Harris to sign a SotL edition, as he got him to sign RD (and here I digress: How did Paul get Harris to sign 250 numbered copies, but Subpress "couldn't" get him to sign 200? Was that a Harris choice at the time, or a Subpress choice? I'd love to know, because that Subpress numbered edition really should have been signed, and I've never understood why it wasn't). But- this book would also be a PRIME candidate for the increased print run Paul was talking about awhile ago. If so, would Harris sign 350 copies (plus lettereds)? It's really not a lot to have to sign. Jeez, Lansdale, Gaiman, Hill, et al sign 2K copies nowadays, and they are "big" names in publishing.

My real question amid all this random speculation, however, would be- how would they be allotted? As usual, buyers of whatever previous book have first rights of refusal? RED DRAGON buyers first right of refusal? Yes, please! Then, the (if applicable) "extra" 100 copies go live on site in a dogfight?

And that brings up: how would collectors feel about there being 250 copies of RD and 350 copies of SotL? My vote: Always more beautiful books that buyers want. Not less. I dislike manufactured exclusivity. Of course, that is up to all the writers and artists involved, and what they are willing to do, and what it costs. Anyway- just wondering!

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

I've been debating selling my numbered but I have not seen a sale of one lately so I'm not sure what they would go for.
    I just bought that TSOTL by SubPress at camelot, together with a signed first trade edition of The Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman. 😉

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    My real question amid all this random speculation, however, would be- how would they be allotted? As usual, buyers of whatever previous book have first rights of refusal? RED DRAGON buyers first right of refusal? Yes, please! Then, the (if applicable) "extra" 100 copies go live on site in a dogfight?

And that brings up: how would collectors feel about there being 250 copies of RD and 350 copies of SotL? My vote: Always more beautiful books that buyers want. Not less. I dislike manufactured exclusivity. Of course, that is up to all the writers and artists involved, and what they are willing to do, and what it costs. Anyway- just wondering!
    If Paul does ever do The Silence of the Lambs, first right of refusal will go to the owners of the most recent Suntup Edition.

And if the book was published with the larger print run of 350, then I suppose it would be no different than the recent publication of The Lottery.

Haunting of Hill House only has 185 copies, as opposed to the 250 copies created of The Lottery. It's also a great example of how Hill House owners did not get first refusal of The Lottery (unless they had purchased Fahrenheit 451, of course).

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post

If Paul does ever do The Silence of the Lambs, first right of refusal will go to the owners of the most recent Suntup Edition.

And if the book was published with the larger print run of 350, then I suppose it would be no different than the recent publication of The Lottery.

Haunting of Hill House only has 185 copies, as opposed to the 250 copies created of The Lottery. It's also a great example of how Hill House owners did not get first refusal of The Lottery (unless they had purchased Fahrenheit 451, of course).
    Except, the difference with your Jackson analogy is that SOTL is a direct sequel to Red Dragon - the Jackson books are not a series. One could reasonably expect Suntup to apply the Donald M. Grant model - where the next DT SL book rights world sit with TWTTK SL owners, and not whatever book they had published in between.

Country
    Country Flag

I suppose anything is possible. I'm just going off of the two track situation he's done so far. One track for the King books and one track for everything else.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe in everyone’s package with the Red Dragon numbered edition is a big red ticket that announces Suntup will be publishing Silence of the Lambs and grants the bearer the right to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

'SILENCE' was my first choice in the recent Suntup survey in books I'd like to see them publish, and I hope it was others' as well. If Paul does it- and it looks as promising as RED DRAGON's design (and, I'm sure it will), and I'm lucky enough to land a copy (see below), it would be a very hard choice indeed whether to sell my Subpress edition- signed or no. I've really grown to love that edition, despite my initial reticence to Marshall Arisman's artwork. It's a grower, definitely. Like any good art, really. But, I'm a big fan of that whole package now.

Presumably, Paul could get Harris to sign a SotL edition, as he got him to sign RD (and here I digress: How did Paul get Harris to sign 250 numbered copies, but Subpress "couldn't" get him to sign 200? Was that a Harris choice at the time, or a Subpress choice? I'd love to know, because that Subpress numbered edition really should have been signed, and I've never understood why it wasn't). But- this book would also be a PRIME candidate for the increased print run Paul was talking about awhile ago. If so, would Harris sign 350 copies (plus lettereds)? It's really not a lot to have to sign. Jeez, Lansdale, Gaiman, Hill, et al sign 2K copies nowadays, and they are "big" names in publishing.

Great breakdown of things. Good news is Harris signed hundreds (maybe thousands?) of copies of Cari Mora and the sigs for Suntups Red Dragon so maybe his signature hand will be a more willing literary partner moving forward.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post

I just bought that TSOTL by SubPress at camelot, together with a signed first trade edition of The Ocean At The End Of The Lane by Neil Gaiman. 😉
    Didn’t even think to check Camelot. There is one up for sale via consignment or is that the one you bought?

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn’t even think to check Camelot. There is one up for sale via consignment or is that the one you bought?
    The consignment is the lettered edition, i bought the limited one.
    I do think they have multiple copies of TSOTL, because the other book (Neil Gaiman) that i bought is now listed as "sold out".

Country
    Country Flag

The consigment is the lettered edition, i bought the limited one.
    I do think they have multiple copies of TSOTL, because the other book (Neil Gaiman) that i bought is now listed as "sold out".
    You’re right (don’t know why I collect books if I can’t read).

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

The consignment is the lettered edition, i bought the limited one.
    You’re right (don’t know why I collect books if I can’t read).
    That's okay, when i woke up this morning i couldn't read either, although that was more likely caused by the aftermath of the alcoholic event i attended to yesterday which is known as "a bachelor party"

Ps: the bachelor is not me.😬

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post

Except, the difference with your Jackson analogy is that SOTL is a direct sequel to Red Dragon - the Jackson books are not a series. One could reasonably expect Suntup to apply the Donald M. Grant model - where the next DT SL book rights world sit with TWTTK SL owners, and not whatever book they had published in between.
    First let me say, Paul needs to do what Paul needs to do. He's already done far more for collectors than any other small publisher that I know of. Upgrades to the materials on already sold out books. Upgrades to the shipping services offered. Upgrades to the website experience. So no one should expect him to match numbers for Red Dragon purchasers to a possible SOTL. The system is set up for King and Non-King matching. Would I be happy to be guaranteed to match to SOTL if I lose my job and fall off the train? Yes. But maybe if I lose my job I shouldn't be worried about the chance to buy a book worth hundreds.

ANYWAY all of that rambling disclaimer to say I assumed a future Harris book would go the same way as the Jackson books went. But I hadn't considered that The Lottery was not a sequel to Hill House. Just the same author. AND Paul hasn't said boo about SOTL.

We are a rabid f**king bunch, aren't we? JEFFROTHINGOFF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 456 of 644 FirstFirst ... 356 406 446 454 455 456 457 458 466 506 556 ... LastLast