Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 536 of 645 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 534 535 536 537 538 546 586 636 ... LastLast
Results 13,376 to 13,400 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah he’s started selling the artist editions immediately upon announcement with A Scanner Darkly I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Ah. Thanks, all. It's hard to keep all the details in my soft head these days. I'm eager to see what the book is tomorrow!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonster monster View Post
    But also bummed that I am likely going to miss out on The Exorcist - I bet Paul’s got something amazing lined up!
    I'm wondering if the lettered edition is going to be bound in vellum?
    I think pig skin looks and feels closest to human skin.
    A vial of truly blessed Holy Water would be a cool addition.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    But also bummed that I am likely going to miss out on The Exorcist - I bet Paul’s got something amazing lined up!
    How can you tell if it is truly blessed? Perhaps they jus get it out of the tap.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    How can you tell if it is truly blessed? Perhaps they jus get it out of the tap.
    Holy water is usually "from the tap". It doesn't become Holy until blessed. People have different standards as to who can bless water, but essentially anyone can bless their own water as long as they feel comfortable doing so.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Holy water is usually "from the tap". It doesn't become Holy until blessed. People have different standards as to who can bless water, but essentially anyone can bless their own water as long as they feel comfortable doing so.
    I bless my water every time it sneezes.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

Jeff Terry - Official Suntup Water Blesser*

* Unofficially
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

* Unofficially
    I’m proud to serve this administration and in this capacity. You’re all invited to my swearing in ceremony/wet t-shirt contest.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great. took me way too long to figure out what the black and white boards on the numbered represent.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was bored in a meeting, after a busy and annoying day... ended up buying 2 artist copies

The roman numeral copies looks stunning.
    Reminds me of the Stardust design edges. Absolutely lovely!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I snagged an artist edition. I've never read The Exorcist (it's on my Kindle but haven't gotten around to it yet) but figured I would regret it if I didn't.

Based on the numbered price I have a feeling I will probably end up selling whatever the next book is just so I can afford Blood Meridan.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I snagged an artist edition. I've never read The Exorcist (it's on my Kindle but haven't gotten around to it yet) but figured I would regret it if I didn't.

Based on the numbered price I have a feeling I will probably end up selling whatever the next book is just so I can afford Blood Meridan.
    I think this pricing will be one of the outliers for the numbered. I bet the next one is back around $600.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Truth.

I am a collector that wants to keep all of my Suntups, but the Publishers ambitious release schedule and increasing prices seems to be factors that will make that an impossibility for me.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

now that is some Dogma that I might be able to believe in!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only 34 artists copies left
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Only 34 artists copies left
    Wow. 1000 to only 34
    99 numbered left
    13 lettered

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Artist ed is out of print and the others are slowly going down also.

John F. Kennedy Raenas will become famous soon enough Raenas will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

I think this pricing will be one of the outliers for the numbered. I bet the next one is back around $600.
    I would guess so too. However, I am happy that Paul pulls out all stops for the books that really deserve it, even if it comes with a temporary price hike. Also I like that there is some variation in quality (predominantly in numbered) and hence in price - glad that once in a while there is a higher specced edition. I would start thinking about keeping all numbered books if all cost this much, but having one every few months works perfectly and allows for the heavy weight books to receive a more fitting treatment.

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

To be honest, I was surprised to see the price of the artist edition go up again. I really hope that doesn’t continue. Past $150 is it really a low cost option anymore? I’m also still surprised that this was the most requested book. For just a moment, I almost considered passing on this one. Almost.

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

I've been absolutely buried at work and completely forgot a new book is out today. I was frantically trying to place my order while at the same time participating in a conference call, since the call just ended and I figure the AE would go fast.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow can’t believe it sold out that fast. I figured Silence was because of the covers but that wasn’t a factor here.

My Collection

John F. Kennedy Raenas will become famous soon enough Raenas will become famous soon enough

The faster it sells, the more people will want it and have FOMO. It is self-propelling. Speed of sellout is an indicator of desirability (which is an indicator of quality) to customers, so people attach ex ante higher utility to faster selling goods. If Paul makes books long enough, we can maybe achieve an acceleration that we can use to drive a spaceship to Mars. Hence, the progress and future of humanity hinges on Suntup Editions. Probably not what Paul wished for when he started the press, but to shrug off this responsibility now would be nothing but irresponsible.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous productions but that price point on the numbered has me pondering if the train is going to be leaving without me.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Raenas View Post
    The faster it sells, the more people will want it and have FOMO. It is self-propelling. Speed of sellout is an indicator of desirability (which is an indicator of quality) to customers, so people attach ex ante higher utility to faster selling goods. If Paul makes books long enough, we can maybe achieve an acceleration that we can use to drive a spaceship to Mars. Hence, the progress and future of humanity hinges on Suntup Editions. Probably not what Paul wished for when he started the press, but to shrug off this responsibility now would be nothing but irresponsible.
    FOMO is a bubble that will eventually burst IMO
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

+ Reply to Thread
Page 536 of 645 FirstFirst ... 36 436 486 526 534 535 536 537 538 546 586 636 ... LastLast