Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 457 of 644 FirstFirst ... 357 407 447 455 456 457 458 459 467 507 557 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,425 of 16094

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

in the gaming world, i would be called a "try hard" or a "sweat." This expanded vocab is a perk of being dad to a 15 year old boy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly! Silence hasn't even been confirmed as a title yet. We'll see what Paul does if, and that's IF, he ever does Silence.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Can't wait to reread the Hannibal series again with this beautiful edition.

I'm also trying to get my hands on the limited edition of The Silence of the Lambs from SubPress
    'SILENCE' was my first choice in the recent Suntup survey in books I'd like to see them publish, and I hope it was others' as well. If Paul does it- and it looks as promising as RED DRAGON's design (and, I'm sure it will), and I'm lucky enough to land a copy (see below), it would be a very hard choice indeed whether to sell my Subpress edition- signed or no. I've really grown to love that edition, despite my initial reticence to Marshall Arisman's artwork. It's a grower, definitely. Like any good art, really. But, I'm a big fan of that whole package now.

Presumably, Paul could get Harris to sign a SotL edition, as he got him to sign RD (and here I digress: How did Paul get Harris to sign 250 numbered copies, but Subpress "couldn't" get him to sign 200? Was that a Harris choice at the time, or a Subpress choice? I'd love to know, because that Subpress numbered edition really should have been signed, and I've never understood why it wasn't). But- this book would also be a PRIME candidate for the increased print run Paul was talking about awhile ago. If so, would Harris sign 350 copies (plus lettereds)? It's really not a lot to have to sign. Jeez, Lansdale, Gaiman, Hill, et al sign 2K copies nowadays, and they are "big" names in publishing.

My real question amid all this random speculation, however, would be- how would they be allotted? As usual, buyers of whatever previous book have first rights of refusal? RED DRAGON buyers first right of refusal? Yes, please! Then, the (if applicable) "extra" 100 copies go live on site in a dogfight?

And that brings up: how would collectors feel about there being 250 copies of RD and 350 copies of SotL? My vote: Always more beautiful books that buyers want. Not less. I dislike manufactured exclusivity. Of course, that is up to all the writers and artists involved, and what they are willing to do, and what it costs. Anyway- just wondering!
    Great breakdown of things. Good news is Harris signed hundreds (maybe thousands?) of copies of Cari Mora and the sigs for Suntups Red Dragon so maybe his signature hand will be a more willing literary partner moving forward.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    Sounds like Harris is broke. Cari Mora is possibly the worst novel that I've ever read from a best selling author of his caliber. I wonder if it was a trunk novel that they hired a ghost writer to complete and paid him a bundle to put his name on? Good news for collectors though since he is becoming the Joe Hill of signings.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Can't wait to reread the Hannibal series again with this beautiful edition.

I'm also trying to get my hands on the limited edition of The Silence of the Lambs from SubPress
    'SILENCE' was my first choice in the recent Suntup survey in books I'd like to see them publish, and I hope it was others' as well. If Paul does it- and it looks as promising as RED DRAGON's design (and, I'm sure it will), and I'm lucky enough to land a copy (see below), it would be a very hard choice indeed whether to sell my Subpress edition- signed or no. I've really grown to love that edition, despite my initial reticence to Marshall Arisman's artwork. It's a grower, definitely. Like any good art, really. But, I'm a big fan of that whole package now.

Presumably, Paul could get Harris to sign a SotL edition, as he got him to sign RD (and here I digress: How did Paul get Harris to sign 250 numbered copies, but Subpress "couldn't" get him to sign 200? Was that a Harris choice at the time, or a Subpress choice? I'd love to know, because that Subpress numbered edition really should have been signed, and I've never understood why it wasn't). But- this book would also be a PRIME candidate for the increased print run Paul was talking about awhile ago. If so, would Harris sign 350 copies (plus lettereds)? It's really not a lot to have to sign. Jeez, Lansdale, Gaiman, Hill, et al sign 2K copies nowadays, and they are "big" names in publishing.

My real question amid all this random speculation, however, would be- how would they be allotted? As usual, buyers of whatever previous book have first rights of refusal? RED DRAGON buyers first right of refusal? Yes, please! Then, the (if applicable) "extra" 100 copies go live on site in a dogfight?

And that brings up: how would collectors feel about there being 250 copies of RD and 350 copies of SotL? My vote: Always more beautiful books that buyers want. Not less. I dislike manufactured exclusivity. Of course, that is up to all the writers and artists involved, and what they are willing to do, and what it costs. Anyway- just wondering!
    Great breakdown of things. Good news is Harris signed hundreds (maybe thousands?) of copies of Cari Mora and the sigs for Suntups Red Dragon so maybe his signature hand will be a more willing literary partner moving forward.

Sounds like Harris is broke. Cari Mora is possibly the worst novel that I've ever read from a best selling author of his caliber. I wonder if it was a trunk novel that they hired a ghost writer to complete and paid him a bundle to put his name on? Good news for collectors though since he is becoming the Joe Hill of signings.
    Absolutely enjoyed Cari Mora.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If Harris was in it for the money he would be writing the tenth Hannibal novel right now. He didn’t even want to write the last one but he was effectively blackmailed into doing it (with Dino De Laurentiis saying someone else would do it for him).

Anyways I got my Red Dragon shipping notice, I should be getting it by the 17th. I’m a bit nervous to handle the numbered edition as it’s by far the most I’ve ever spent on a single book.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Good news for collectors though since he is becoming the Joe Hill of signings.
    Well that's a BIT dramatic.

And if signing a new book (or even a trunk novel, if that was the case) and doing a Suntup Edition is an indicator of a writer being "broke", then there must be quite a high bar to pass in order to be a success...

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post

If Paul does ever do The Silence of the Lambs, first right of refusal will go to the owners of the most recent Suntup Edition.

And if the book was published with the larger print run of 350, then I suppose it would be no different than the recent publication of The Lottery.

Haunting of Hill House only has 185 copies, as opposed to the 250 copies created of The Lottery. It's also a great example of how Hill House owners did not get first refusal of The Lottery (unless they had purchased Fahrenheit 451, of course).
    Except, the difference with your Jackson analogy is that SOTL is a direct sequel to Red Dragon - the Jackson books are not a series. One could reasonably expect Suntup to apply the Donald M. Grant model - where the next DT SL book rights world sit with TWTTK SL owners, and not whatever book they had published in between.
    But. But. Paul made explicit that the Misery holder would be in possession of the next King novel, no matter who holds rights to current number.

No such promise was made with Red Dragon.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post

If Paul does ever do The Silence of the Lambs, first right of refusal will go to the owners of the most recent Suntup Edition.

And if the book was published with the larger print run of 350, then I suppose it would be no different than the recent publication of The Lottery.

Haunting of Hill House only has 185 copies, as opposed to the 250 copies created of The Lottery. It's also a great example of how Hill House owners did not get first refusal of The Lottery (unless they had purchased Fahrenheit 451, of course).
    Except, the difference with your Jackson analogy is that SOTL is a direct sequel to Red Dragon - the Jackson books are not a series. One could reasonably expect Suntup to apply the Donald M. Grant model - where the next DT SL book rights world sit with TWTTK SL owners, and not whatever book they had published in between.
    But. But. Paul made explicit that the Misery holder would be in possession of the next King novel, no matter who holds rights to current number.

Kerrect as Bugs would say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

:!:

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

Same with The Time Machine. Matching option stated before time of purchase. No such statement was made about the Hannibal series as there was with the King track - or the prebuy option with the Wells set.

If it needs to be said, here’s the scenario for anyone who thinks Paul might surprise everyone down the road about rights to matching numbers no matter what’s happened or how long has gone by since RED DRAGON:

People are getting on the Suntup train after RED DRAGON and buying each of their matching number books faithfully from the time they “join the club.” A whole lot of happy, loving, excited customers. Now a year or so goes by and there’s a big announcement that Suntup has landed SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. Cause for celebration, right? Of course! Oh, but then the publisher throws a twist and says essentially, “Guess what you latecomer rights holders! The person that used to have your number way back when gets your number for this one. Bummer for you. Maybe you can contact them and negotiate an inflated price for this book to avoid a break in your numbered sequence since they’ll now have you over a barrel. Don’t worry, you’ll be back on the train with the next book we do. Unless we decide to throw another curveball at our ongoing, loyal customer base. You still love us and trust us and want to keep on giving us your hard earned cash, right?“

Please tell me no one really thinks Paul is such a poor decision maker that this scenario would actually happen.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Same with The Time Machine. Matching option stated before time of purchase. No such statement was made about the Hannibal series as there was with the King track - or the prebuy option with the Wells set.

If it needs to be said, here’s the scenario for anyone who thinks Paul might surprise everyone down the road about rights to matching numbers no matter what’s happened or how long has gone by since RED DRAGON:

People are getting on the Suntup train after RED DRAGON and buying each of their matching number books faithfully from the time they “join the club.” A whole lot of happy, loving, excited customers. Now a year or so goes by and there’s a big announcement that Suntup has landed SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. Cause for celebration, right? Of course! Oh, but then the publisher throws a twist and says essentially, “Guess what you latecomer rights holders! The person that used to have your number way back when gets your number for this one. Bummer for you. Maybe you can contact them and negotiate an inflated price for this book to avoid a break in your numbered sequence since they’ll now have you over a barrel. Don’t worry, you’ll be back on the train with the next book we do. Unless we decide to throw another curveball at our ongoing, loyal customer base. You still love us and trust us and want to keep on giving us your hard earned cash, right?“

Please tell me no one really thinks Paul is such a poor decision maker that this scenario would actually happen.
    Well, you shut that sh!t down!

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, you shut that sh!t down!
    Lol!

In other news; isn't this the week we get a new release?

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Rereading that now, I realize I might have had a bit too much caffeine yesterday.

Anyway, the point is, Paul’s intentional surprises are always good ones.

Looking forward to this week’s announcement!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Rereading that now, I realize I might have had a bit too much caffeine yesterday.

Maybe, i do get to much caffeine every day but i do get your point though. And what if the limitation was upped to 350 copies, ah well ... i'll wait and see, i do love a good surprise. 😬

Country
    Country Flag

Hahahaha You threw down the gauntlet and DARED ANYONE to disagree with you!

http://tenor.com/view/negan-jeffrey-...n-gif-15346386

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's the funny thing about rights - if everyone has them, occasionally they conflict - and someone else's will come before yours.

No matter what Paul does, someone won't get the inside track for the future Suntup book of their dreams. He will always do his best, but we're at the point where someone will always be left out, and no matter how far in advance this is made clear, people will get bent out of shape.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Good read Patrick. But the FB live is Aug 19th and the announcement is Aug 20th. That's next Wed and Thursday. Not this week .

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Good read Patrick. But the announcement is Aug 20th. That's next Thursday. Not this week .
    Whoops! My bad, i'm one week too early and i'm usually great at keeping in touch with the schedule.🤭

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    Good read Patrick. But the announcement is Aug 20th. That's next Thursday. Not this week .
    Whoops! My bad, i'm one week too early and i'm usually great at keeping in touch with the schedule.🤭
    Monday morning. Now I need *more* caffeine. Thanks for the correction!

If more Suntup Hannibal books come later, I hope they are at the higher limitation if the author allows it, so more people can get those books. Then we have a situation similar to the Dark Tower series in that there can only be so many matching number sets determined by the lowest limitation book in the series.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

As long as Paul makes at least 130 numbered books, I am golden. And it would be nice when he starts the higher number. The more people the better I say. Just like he did with Brother being 500. There are only 52 Brothers left of them.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As long as Paul makes at least 130 numbered books, I am golden. And it would be nice when he starts the higher number. The more people the better I say. Just like he did with Brother being 500. There are only 52 Brothers left of them.
    Nah, up the numbers to 350.........including the next King release, offered to non king owners not on the track, with intro by Tabitha, preface by Stephen king, epigraph by Owen, and essays on the book by Joe Hill all signed, including Whelan art and Paul Suntup editor.

Boom!
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Nah, up the numbers to 350.........including the next King release, offered to non king owners not on the track, with intro by Tabitha, preface by Stephen king, epigraph by Owen, and essays on the book by Joe Hill all signed, including Whelan art and Paul Suntup editor.

Boom!
    I am down with that, up it to 350. The more the merrier.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While i am on a roll, book would be Christine, or 11.22.63.

Hand delivered by Jeff with personal opening ceremony for all.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

My Mood
    Cool

If Paul did a Christine, I would... Well I don't know what I would do. That's the book that started on my King journey so it has a special place
    for me. But not having Misery means that I would miss out and that would make me . You never know. There could be another King book
    down the road. But the hand delivery by Jeff would be a must.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe Night Shift deserves the Suntup treatment and every story is its own book.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

Boom!
    I have a prized Paul Suntup signature in my collection.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 457 of 644 FirstFirst ... 357 407 447 455 456 457 458 459 467 507 557 ... LastLast