Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 644 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 334 384 ... LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 16092

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I’m interested to know how the opportunity to buy the Roman Numeral editions will be granted. First into the store on preorder day? A lottery among current lettered holders? Random draw of quiz winners?

I’d love to know what Paul has in mind.
    I was puzzling on that, too. Who gets the first shot at those?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
    A series of three? What`s the clues?

Tolkien maybe .. 1 Fellowship of the ring, 2 Two towers, 3 Return of the King ..
    Asimov: Foundation, Foundation and Empire, Second Foundation.

I hope it isn't them though. Adding that expense right around the holidays would not be a great idea on my part.
    Mark Twain

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Whenever Paul posts one of his updates, I imagine him sitting in a plush chair, holding a glass of whatever strong liquor he prefers, smoking a Cuban and slowly petting a cat or lizard or something, all while laughing maniacally at all of us as we work ourselves into a frenzy.
    Except he doesn't have time to care for a living creature. He just rubs the penguin (that sounds dirty).
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Whenever Paul posts one of his updates, I imagine him sitting in a plush chair, holding a glass of whatever strong liquor he prefers, smoking a Cuban and slowly petting a cat or lizard or something, all while laughing maniacally at all of us as we work ourselves into a frenzy.
    Except he doesn't have time to care for a living creature. He just rubs the penguin (that sounds dirty).
    Now that you've basically written "Paul sits in a plush chair and reads these posts while rubbing his penguin" I will never worry about anything I post being over the line.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Arthur C. Clarke, 2001: A Space Odyssey, 2010: Odyssey Two, 2061:Odyssey Three (ignore book four 3001).

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Now that you've basically written "Paul sits in a plush chair and reads these posts while rubbing his penguin" I will never worry about anything I post being over the line.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Poor penguin.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

John F. Kennedy Raenas will become famous soon enough Raenas will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Raenas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    Whatever the three book set is, I'm probably going to want to purchase the full set up front. My wallet is hoping that these will be printed offset instead of letterpress...
    I would be surprised if it was not letterpress, given it will have the Roman numerals treatment. A truly luxurious book printed offset would look weird in my opinion.
    THOUGH, maybe the lettereds and roman numerals are the editions that do the letterpress lift and the numbered is a more affordable offset edition--considering there's also no AGE.
    I reckon the biggest expense in letterpress is the plates, not the printing. That's why we got a free upgrade for Haunting of Hill House, which originally was marketed as offset. Paul told us that since he already had the plates for the lettered edition, it made little sense not to also do the numbered edition as letterpress.

So I think one can reasonably expect that if the top tier edition is letterpress, the numbereds will also be.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to clarify, it's a three book set, not a trilogy or a series.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
    Oh, i`m longing to check this one too as a numbered and probably will .. just have to justify it first and be convinced by the devil on my shoulder and it`s constantly nagging, dragging, pulling and sweet talking
    I'm the devil on your shoulder-devil's shoulder. I'm telling him to tell you to do it. Buy it. Get it. Huff it. Keep it. Because what if you pass and that three book set is on the non-King track and it leaves, completely full, at the private pre-order station? What if it is forever out of reach? And when the EMP attack lands and all gadgets are wiped out and all anyone has for entertainment are books and Suntup Editions become treasured currency, THEN where will you be? I am the DEVIL and my name is FOMO.
    For once I agree with Jeff. You should buy it. You won't be sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    Whatever the three book set is, I'm probably going to want to purchase the full set up front. My wallet is hoping that these will be printed offset instead of letterpress...
    Hear hear! That was my first thought, too.
    The set of books (and all three editions) are printed letterpress, however you will be very pleased with the price points. Heck, it's basically a twofer!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I hereby request that Paul hire in a special photographer to do an extensive shoot of whatever the Roman numeral edition is.
    That will be done for sure. There will be professional shots of the finished book once it's complete which is a little ways off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I’m interested to know how the opportunity to buy the Roman Numeral editions will be granted. First into the store on preorder day? A lottery among current lettered holders? Random draw of quiz winners?

I’d love to know what Paul has in mind.
    Since the Roman Numeral edition is the first of it's kind offered, it will be opened up for sale to everyone. Lifetime subscribers or Lettered owners will not get early access to this because it's a brand new edition level. There is no connection between Lettered and RN. That's the fairest. So everyone has a crack at it if the funds and desire for it are there.

I've always wanted one of these...and I like where you're going with this, except the cigar part as I don't smoke. But everything else sounds great!

Spoiler:

Well, I do have a malachite penguin that is rather nice to the touch.

John F. Kennedy Caliban will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Default Then i`ll do the Jeff ..

.. and order the lovely thing!

`For once I agree with Jeff. You should buy it. You won't be sorry`

: That is proper enablement!

I sent a post to your press Paul about the matter

(Saying i`m hoping to cancel the gift edition order and get a refund, so i can buy the numbered edition if that is no trouble, i`m in)

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE THAT CHAIR!

It's basically a twofer--on a three book set. is this a riddle?

Country
    Country Flag

Also, it's not Wayward Pines since that is a trilogy.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Well, Paul has not let us down so I am expecting this three book set to be pretty cool. And I am looking for to seeing the Roman Numeral book. Noticed I said "seeing" because that's as close as
    I will ever get to one.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to the Roman Numeral edition of The DaVinci Code
    🤪

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
    Looking forward to the Roman Numeral edition of The DaVinci Code
    I’d buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'm hoping for ...

Spoiler:
    Captian Trips, On the Border, The Stand
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    I'm hoping for ...

Spoiler:
    That would be great, but the only way to go a step beyond letterpress printing is if the Roman Numeral edition is instead illuminated and transcribed by hand like a pre-Gutenberg book.
    Maybe it turns out Becca has a small army of monks locked in her basement working on them now.
    (Not to be confused with an army of small monks. She keeps them in the attic, not the basement)
    Mark Twain

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Well, Paul has not let us down so I am expecting this three book set to be pretty cool. And I am looking for to seeing the Roman Numeral book. Noticed I said "seeing" because that's as close as
    I will ever get to one.
    Go big or go home, Mike!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

1Q84

Haven't read it, but from what I know about it, it would be a fun design project for a limited. The first U.S. release was a single hardcover volume, but was split to 3 volumes for the paperback.
    Mark Twain

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I will ever get to one.
    Go big or go home, Mike!
    I got you Brian. The numbered are it for me though. I wish I could go big, but I can't run with the big dogs on this one. It looks like I will be on the porch. The thing is, it's got a heck of a view. I still can't wait to see one though. I don't know what Paul can do above the lettered books he is already putting out. They are amazing.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    I'm hoping for ...

Spoiler:
    That would be great, but the only way to go a step beyond letterpress printing is if the Roman Numeral edition is instead illuminated and transcribed by hand like a pre-Gutenberg book.
    Maybe it turns out Becca has a small army of monks locked in her basement working on them now.
    (Not to be confused with an army of small monks. She keeps them in the attic, not the basement)
    You figured it out…

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I hereby request that Paul hire in a special photographer to do an extensive shoot of whatever the Roman numeral edition is.
    That will be done for sure. There will be professional shots of the finished book once it's complete which is a little ways off.
    It is a great time to be alive.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

I will ever get to one.
    Go big or go home, Mike!
    I got you Brian. The numbered are it for me though. I wish I could go big, but I can't run with the big dogs on this one. It looks like I will be on the porch. The thing is, it's got a heck of a view. I still can't wait to see one though. I don't know what Paul can do above the lettered books he is already putting out. They are amazing.
    I hear ya, brother. I'm pulling up a chair next to ya.

My Mood
    Cool

I will ever get to one.
    Go big or go home, Mike!
    I hear ya, brother. I'm pulling up a chair next to ya.
    No problem. I have plenty of space.

Country
    Country Flag

Great surprise FB video, Paul. Awesome contest, too! I’m even more excited for I AM LEGEND.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 644 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 294 334 384 ... LastLast