Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 483 of 644 FirstFirst ... 383 433 473 481 482 483 484 485 493 533 583 ... LastLast
Results 12,051 to 12,075 of 16091

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    how do you access the feature on the Suntup website that tells you what number you own or helps in tracking down other numbers? I cant seem to find it.
    https://suntup.press/designations/

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    I am glad I deleted my post. I just know I would have gotten heat for it.
    On the internet someone will always be mad at you and it will never matter.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

OK.
    It was something like this. I have bought every book (#S\L) from HHH on. I don't plan on selling. So in point of fact, I am an original owner (minus Misery). I don't
    intend on selling any of my books and I plan on buying every book Paul puts out. Above, unless I miss-interpreted the post, it was made to sound like "you" were a
    bad guy if you chose not to sell. Well, I have no plans on selling. I am an original buyer and I plan on hanging on to all of my Suntup books. Does that make me
    a bad guy? Or maybe I miss understood what was said above, in which case, I apologize for this post.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

OK.
    It was something like this. I have bought every book (#S\L) from HHH on. I don't plan on selling. So in point of fact, I am an original owner (minus Misery). I don't
    intend on selling any of my books and I plan on buying every book Paul puts out. Above, unless I miss-interpreted the post, it was made to sound like "you" were a
    bad guy if you chose not to sell. Well, I have no plans on selling. I am an original buyer and I plan on hanging on to all of my Suntup books. Does that make me
    a bad guy? Or maybe I miss understood what was said above, in which case, I apologize for this post.
    i dont think that is what he was/is referencing.

recently Paul Suntup gave a statement which clarified the "ability" to sell a Suntup edition "without rights" so you have seen a LOT of people come out of the woodwork and do exactly that. Put their editions up for sale at market rate which is usually at least $100 above purchase price and in some cases even more.

You definitely shouldnt be vilified if you choose to collect and KEEP your Suntup editions, In fact that what I think Paul would want and what most collectors would INTEND to do.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

OK.

recently Paul Suntup gave a statement which clarified the "ability" to sell a Suntup edition "without rights" so you have seen a LOT of people come out of the woodwork and do exactly that. Put their editions up for sale at market rate which is usually at least $100 above purchase price and in some cases even more.

You definitely shouldnt be vilified if you choose to collect and KEEP your Suntup editions, In fact that what I think Paul would want and what most collectors would INTEND to do.
    Gottcha. See, told you I miss-interpreted the post. That's why I deleted it because I think my first post was not as gentle as this one.

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    How many are left of the numbered and do you guys think there will be another lottery for this one?
    64 left. And yeah I think it'll get to a lottery. Might be more available than Neuromancer which only had 4 for the lottery. But I can't imagine there will be a ton available. I think without knowing what the next book will be, customers will take a buy and see approach. not a time to take chances. If people had a sense of what's waiting in the wings, they might feel better passing. But when they fill in that blank with no info to go off of, people tend to imagine something from their wish list.
    Amazing that people are willing to spend $500 just in case the next book is something they want

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    How many are left of the numbered and do you guys think there will be another lottery for this one?
    64 left. And yeah I think it'll get to a lottery. Might be more available than Neuromancer which only had 4 for the lottery. But I can't imagine there will be a ton available. I think without knowing what the next book will be, customers will take a buy and see approach. not a time to take chances. If people had a sense of what's waiting in the wings, they might feel better passing. But when they fill in that blank with no info to go off of, people tend to imagine something from their wish list.
    Amazing that people are willing to spend $500 just in case the next book is something they want
    That's just my opinion/guess/nonsense. But considering that Suntups hold their value (and often increase very quickly) the risk is minimal. Basically there's no downside to buying every new release to avoid missing a "must-have" book. The published price is almost always the cheapest you'll ever be able to get these books. So staying on guarantees you'll get the next book as cheaply as possible. And you'll be able to recover money easily on the ones you don't want.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

There’s no downside if you can flip it for 1.5 times list price as soon as you’ve paid for it. You can make your money back, and more, before the credit card bill is due.

That’s why every title now goes to a lottery, and I predict that eventually, there will be none available at all. There’s literally no reason to give up rights on any title, regardless of whether you want the book or not. It’s a beautiful book if you keep it; it’s free money if you don’t.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

OK.

I intend to keep all of my collection, i've collected a lot more in my life and not just beautiful editions of books. Started doing this when i had my first job as a teenager.
    Movies, cd's & vinyl records (the latter isn't all that big, around twenty copies or so)

I do, however, own around 1600 cd's (some are signed, most are not) and (inbetween) 1500-2000 dvd's and around 8 or 900 blu-ray's. I have only once sold an entire collection to another collector due to space shortage; all of my vhs tapes, however this might eventually happen to my dvd's.
    I do not buy as an investment, that's for sure though. 😉
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I gave up my number because I didn't want to do that. In retrospect I could have keep buying so I could retain my rights and then sell the books once I receive it if it wasn't a book I wanted, but I felt I should give the opportunity for others the buy the book. So far I haven't really seen a book I am upset I missed. If I could have only bought the books I truely wanted then I would have only bought:
    (in order of desire)

Misery
    Horns
    Red Dragon
    Haunting of Hill House
    H.G. wells books

and maybe

Fahrenheit 451 (since I have been thinking of reading that one)
    The Lottery (same reason)
    Rosemary's Baby

When I first became a collector I wondered if I would ever be able to get on the list to buy limited editions (until Suntup everything was strictly SK), but thankfully most have come from CD or PS since then, and they have high enough print runs that I don't have to worry about it (too much). So I think about my early self who was afraid of never being able to buy the limiteds from the publisher and decided not to deny someone the privilege just so I could flip the books I don't want while wait for books I do.

But I don't blame those we do continue buying in the case they want the next book, but not the current one.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the clues for the next quarterly schedule will be a lot harder this time.

I'm sure Paul will come up with some good ones.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

A specific reason I don't want to sell my rights is I have a feeling we're going to be getting a Suntup of a Haruki Murakami novel maybe in the next few months or so.

I love Murakami's work so there's no way in hell I will miss out on a Numbered Murakami
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

My Mood
    Cool

29 numbered left as of 11:19pm EST

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I gave up my number because I didn't want to do that. In retrospect I could have keep buying so I could retain my rights and then sell the books once I receive it if it wasn't a book I wanted, but I felt I should give the opportunity for others the buy the book. So far I haven't really seen a book I am upset I missed. If I could have only bought the books I truely wanted then I would have only bought:
    (in order of desire)

Misery
    Horns
    Red Dragon
    Haunting of Hill House
    H.G. wells books

and maybe

Fahrenheit 451 (since I have been thinking of reading that one)
    The Lottery (same reason)
    Rosemary's Baby

When I first became a collector I wondered if I would ever be able to get on the list to buy limited editions (until Suntup everything was strictly SK), but thankfully most have come from CD or PS since then, and they have high enough print runs that I don't have to worry about it (too much). So I think about my early self who was afraid of never being able to buy the limiteds from the publisher and decided not to deny someone the privilege just so I could flip the books I don't want while wait for books I do.

But I don't blame those we do continue buying in the case they want the next book, but not the current one.
    I did the same, I gave up my Red Dragon number. I'd love to own the others since but there weren't any must haves for me. I couldn't justify keeping all of them and I'm not inclined to sell a book every month either. I was so happy I was able to secure Red Dragon and I don't mind letting someone else get a chance at the next one. I am sure there will be a book down the line that will make me lose my mind because I can't get it, but oh well. I think they're doing a great job with the gift editions so I can be happy with those.

I also don't blame anyone who buys each book because it's the only way to secure the ones you want. I understand why people do it. The Auctioneer is just at that threshold for me really wanting it, so I'll try to get a numbered tomorrow (not expecting it at all), and if I did maybe I would reevaluate holding onto my hypothetical rights.

I just think it's amazing that Suntup books are so coveted. It's well-deserved for sure.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I think the clues for the next quarterly schedule will be a lot harder this time.

I'd like radio silence for a quarter with the reveal being on the order dates.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I’d be fine with this. Just tell us the dates and other announcements, but only the very vaguest of book descriptions if any at all. The only issue I can see is that you lose the buzz of excitement and discussion from people trying to figure out the next book. You lose a valuable tool for keeping your company at the top of many people’s minds.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just bought my numbered and AGE versions and there doesn't seem to be many left.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In the absence of any clues, I'm going to guess that the next book is "Killing Commendatore." I've thrown down the gauntlet for random possibilities.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In the absence of any clues, I'm going to guess that the next book is "Killing Commendatore." I've thrown down the gauntlet for random possibilities. It should come with a bell.

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

A specific reason I don't want to sell my rights is I have a feeling we're going to be getting a Suntup of a Haruki Murakami novel maybe in the next few months or so.

I love Murakami's work so there's no way in hell I will miss out on a Numbered Murakami
    If we do get a Murakami title, I don't believe it will be until mid 2021, at the earliest. That survey mentioning Murakami was only a few months ago. If Paul already had a title secured, it'd be goofy to ask about him on the survey.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I’d be fine with this. Just tell us the dates and other announcements, but only the very vaguest of book descriptions if any at all. The only issue I can see is that you lose the buzz of excitement and discussion from people trying to figure out the next book. You lose a valuable tool for keeping your company at the top of many people’s minds.
    I don't know. I think Suntup is always at the top of every crazed book collector's mind And it would be still be discussed ad nauseam on the fan page.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

i am literaly neglecting my lifes financial responsibilities in the hopes that a signed Murakami, Blood Meridian, and/or Completion of the Harris trilogy comes down the pipeline.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

[QUOTE=Lookwhoitis;1217160]

i am literaly neglecting my lifes financial responsibilities in the hopes that a signed Murakami, Blood Meridian, and/or Completion of the Harris trilogy comes down the pipeline.
    I’d love to see ‘Blood Meridian’ - ideally done letterpress on a really nice paper.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

My Mood
    Cool

Whatever it is, I know how will be be ordering. This guy.

Gunslinger Apprentice GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amazed

[QUOTE=JeremyM;1217163]

I’d love to see ‘Blood Meridian’ - ideally done letterpress on a really nice paper.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 483 of 644 FirstFirst ... 383 433 473 481 482 483 484 485 493 533 583 ... LastLast