Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 550 of 645 FirstFirst ... 50 450 500 540 548 549 550 551 552 560 600 ... LastLast
Results 13,726 to 13,750 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Whelp this is by far the most money I have ever spent on anything like this period.
    Once I hit buy it will be for me too. Looks beautiful though. Always wanted a book with that type of binding.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Is there anybody here would think about putting a re-marque in a numbered version? Or would you guys only do that in an AE.
    I have only gotten 1 remarque for Suntup editions, and that was for the Numbered Missery. Mostly because I think that is the only one I remember having seen offered from Suntup directly. Never done a remarque directly with the artist (for any publisher)

For CD books, I do it for numbered and lettered (SK books only) but never gifts. Maybe I am the opposite of other people?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

This is just an absolute amazing production, Paul, Becca, and team!I'm in heaven over this release and thrilled to know I'll have a matching set of Suntup McCarthys. The Road is the book that nailed my feet to the floor and Blood Meridian rewards that loyalty tenfold.

I do have to ask if the binding on the numbered is the same as the Coptic binding on the lettered edition of The Road. I see you've described it differently as "butterfly sewing" and not Coptic so I'm assuming there is a significant difference. To be completely honest, I'm nervous about handling this book because I'm about the most graceless, clumsy creature prowling the earth.

ANOTHER OBSERVATION (I know, I'm insufferable): I think it's really interesting that Cormac's name doesn't appear on the cover and Blood Meridian is in the reverse on the back cover.

Love this edition! I'm a lucky man to still have an invitation to this party and a ticket on this train. If nothing else, I'll always have these books.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Is there anybody here would think about putting a re-marque in a numbered version? Or would you guys only do that in an AE.
    I have only gotten 1 remarque for Suntup editions, and that was for the Numbered Missery. Mostly because I think that is the only one I remember having seen offered from Suntup directly. Never done a remarque directly with the artist (for any publisher)

For CD books, I do it for numbered and lettered (SK books only) but never gifts. Maybe I am the opposite of other people?
    The only remarque I ever got all on my own was a Bob Eggleton in my copy of Necroscope The Plague Bearer. The other ones have been through CD in my DoubleDay AEs and from Jason Mowry in my Red Dragon AGE. I would have loved to have gotten a Dolce remarque iin my copy of Seed!! Or a Potts remarque for my copy of The Exorcist. But the tide's gone out and I have to conserve.

I did reach out to Richey Beckett for a remarque to tip in to my Rosemary's Baby but he had no availability.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Lettered BM looks fantastic. Not a big fan of the Numbered, though. The spine design is interesting but it looks very fragile.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I want to congratulate the team as well. To put this effort into a numbered book is so fantastic for those of us who can not get a lettered book.
    Then we have Mon with the new quarter. I wonder if the Suntup team would attempt something like this again. I know it's a lot, but the quality
    is clearly evident BRAVO.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Two more exquisite productions: bindings, materials, cases, etc. etc.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    This is just an absolute amazing production, Paul, Becca, and team!
    Not trying to pry etc., just curious, but what is Becca's role with these?

...I'm about the most graceless, clumsy creature prowling the earth.
    You haven't seen me try to carry a bowl of soup across a room.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Graphic designer by trade I believe.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

I actually don’t know what her involvement is in Blood Meridian but she’s a member of the creative team and is often credited on the limitation page alongside Jerry Kelly and Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks (to both).

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I am really excited about the look of this book. It will become THE staple in my Suntup collection.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually don’t know what her involvement is in Blood Meridian but she’s a member of the creative team and is often credited on the limitation page alongside Jerry Kelly and Paul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a Ninja. You may not see me but I'm always there.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I mean I dont understand why folks are freaking over a possible King signature of an introduction. If that happened and was surprise revealed i sure it would be a bonus to every numbered rights holder. I would think that It would not follow the path of Misery. It is not a Stephen King S/N LE of one of his own books.

I guess if they dont have a number I can understand the angst.
    I love King. I love McCarthy. The thought of King writing an intro to Blood Meridian is completely inappropriate and wouldn't make sense to me at all. Again - I LOVE both authors, but no one will ever put McCarthy and King in the same classification. Ever.

People that would be more in line for an introduction to this book would be Marilynne Robinson, Margaret Atwood, Alice Munroe, Salman Rushdie, or J.M. Coetzee. Even Barbara Kingsolver is appropriate.
    J/w how you feel about Ellis doing the intro?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordered my Blood Meridian yesterday. This is going to be a pinnacles of my collection. I hope Paul isn’t losing too much money on the Numbered. It’s not an inexpensive purchase, but it seems like a hell of a good deal for what we’re getting.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Ordered my Blood Meridian yesterday. This is going to be a pinnacles of my collection. I hope Paul isn’t losing too much money on the Numbered. It’s not an inexpensive purchase, but it seems like a hell of a good deal for what we’re getting.
    Agree. It will be the nicest book in my collection for some time to come. Although I wouldn’t put it past Paul and team to produce something beyond this.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I mean I dont understand why folks are freaking over a possible King signature of an introduction. If that happened and was surprise revealed i sure it would be a bonus to every numbered rights holder. I would think that It would not follow the path of Misery. It is not a Stephen King S/N LE of one of his own books.

I love King. I love McCarthy. The thought of King writing an intro to Blood Meridian is completely inappropriate and wouldn't make sense to me at all. Again - I LOVE both authors, but no one will ever put McCarthy and King in the same classification. Ever.

People that would be more in line for an introduction to this book would be Marilynne Robinson, Margaret Atwood, Alice Munroe, Salman Rushdie, or J.M. Coetzee. Even Barbara Kingsolver is appropriate.
    Okay - well since you asked... Blood Meridian is known for its level of gore and violence -- which isn't entirely off brand from Bret Easton Ellis. So it's of the same vein, but I wouldn't classify BEE the caliber of author of CMC. It makes total sense, though.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay - well since you asked... Blood Meridian is known for its level of gore and violence -- which isn't entirely off brand from Bret Easton Ellis. So it's of the same vein, but I wouldn't classify BEE the caliber of author of CMC. It makes total sense, though.
    Let's see what Ellis has to say

ISO: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is someone can help me complete my Harris collection with a Red Dragon Suntup ARC they want to sell I would appreciate it immensely. Thx

ISO: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder what Cormac McCarthy's opinion is of Bret Easton Ellis as a writer
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I wonder what Cormac McCarthy's opinion is of Bret Easton Ellis as a writer.
    This raises an interesting question: do publishers consider the opinion of the author in choosing contributors such as the writer of an introduction? It would feel awkward if, for example, McCarthy thought little of BEE.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be interested in reading what Ellis has to say.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I imagine they have a vote on this. I can't imagine BEE writing an intro for The Infinite Jest, even with Foster Wallace being dead.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I wonder what Cormac McCarthy's opinion is of Bret Easton Ellis as a writer.
    This raises an interesting question: do publishers consider the opinion of the author in choosing contributors such as the writer of an introduction? It would feel awkward if, for example, McCarthy thought little of BEE.
    IMO, if the author turns down the option to write his/her own introduction, they turn down the right to control who authors that introduction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 550 of 645 FirstFirst ... 50 450 500 540 548 549 550 551 552 560 600 ... LastLast