Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 645 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 564 ... LastLast
Results 11,576 to 11,600 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ruderabbit View Post
    That’s convenient.

I got verbally hammered by people on this message board when I tried to sell without rights following with the book.
    You were not allowed was what everyone was told. It was a strict no no.... this is only recently that this now has been stated. Like a month or so. Nothing convenient about it brother.. just was a different rule set then. It is suppose to follow the book. It just no longer has to it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That’s convenient.

I got verbally hammered by people on this message board when I tried to sell without rights following with the book.
    You were not allowed was what everyone was told. It was a strict no no.... this is only recently that this now has been stated. Like a month or so. Nothing convenient about it brother.. just was a different rule set then. It is suppose to follow the book. It just no longer has to it seems.
    This needs to be clarified. Nothing has changed since day 1, other than perhaps a clarification which became necessary as time went by. Yes, rights follow the book. But it's impossible for me to track every aftermarket sale that takes place. The only way I know if a sale happened, and can therefore register the new owner, is when the seller submits a form. That's perhaps where the confusion comes in. I cannot REQUIRE a seller to submit that form. They could sell the book, not submit the form, and I am none the wiser. Point is, the seller owns the book. I have no right to tell that person what they can do with something they own.

To clarify all of this, I wrote this support article which is the official word on it. I won't state it again here, because it's all clearly stated in that article. So I'd recommend anyone who is interested should read it, especially the section on buying and selling.

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Dark Regions Press has AGE’s of Red Dragon for list price if you join their Collector’s Club.

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadHatHarry View Post
    Dark Regions Press has AGE’s of Red Dragon for list price if you join their Collector’s Club.
    Appreciate the tip but I just signed up and I'm not seeing this -- is it on the Patreon? Only seeing posts from 2019

I told myself that the numbered is enough and I don't need the AGE... but I need it

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sullichin View Post
    Appreciate the tip but I just signed up and I'm not seeing this -- is it on the Patreon? Only seeing posts from 2019

I told myself that the numbered is enough and I don't need the AGE... but I need it
    Use the contact form on their website, they'll get back to you. I did it yesterday.

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger Apprentice sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin will become famous soon enough sullichin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post

Use the contact form on their website, they'll get back to you. I did it yesterday.

Thanks! I'll see what happens.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That’s convenient.

This needs to be clarified. Nothing has changed since day 1, other than perhaps a clarification which became necessary as time went by. Yes, rights follow the book. But it's impossible for me to track every aftermarket sale that takes place. The only way I know if a sale happened, and can therefore register the new owner, is when the seller submits a form. That's perhaps where the confusion comes in. I cannot REQUIRE a seller to submit that form. They could sell the book, not submit the form, and I am none the wiser. Point is, the seller owns the book. I have no right to tell that person what they can do with something they own.

To clarify all of this, I wrote this support article which is the official word on it. I won't state it again here, because it's all clearly stated in that article. So I'd recommend anyone who is interested should read it, especially the section on buying and selling.
    After posting this, I felt it was necessary to add further clarification to one point. Although this was already stated on the support article, it needed expanding. I have updated the post which I would recommend you check out again if this is of interest to you. The most important point is the following:

Misery by Stephen King
    Because this edition has already been published, and it exists on a separate “rights” thread; then possession rules. The fact that rights follow the physical book means that if you have purchased a copy of Misery, you have the right to submit the buyer form thereby registering as the owner of record, even if the seller tells you that the book is being sold without rights.

Here is a link to the full article.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

That’s convenient.

After posting this, I felt it was necessary to add further clarification to one point. Although this was already stated on the support article, it needed expanding. I have updated the post which I would recommend you check out again if this is of interest to you. The most important point is the following:

Misery by Stephen King
    Because this edition has already been published, and it exists on a separate “rights” thread; then possession rules. The fact that rights follow the physical book means that if you have purchased a copy of Misery, you have the right to submit the buyer form thereby registering as the owner of record, even if the seller tells you that the book is being sold without rights.

This is excellent clarification.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    That’s convenient.

Misery by Stephen King

This is excellent clarification.
    So basically you could come to an agreement that rights are not part of the deal then fill out buyer form and effectively take those rights no matter what. Interesting... they truly follow this book then. There is no buyers form for non king.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

So basically you could come to an agreement that rights are not part of the deal then fill out buyer form and effectively take those rights no matter what. Interesting... they truly follow this book then. There is no buyers form for non king.

This is because there isn't a physical book yet on the most recently announced title and that book must ship to the original buyer. Basically, like in the Matrix, "there is no book".
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Basically, like in the Matrix, "there is no book".
    Was that a hint (Neuromancer)?

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That what people seem to be thinking. I think I will take the red pill on this one.

Country
    Country Flag

This is because there isn't a physical book yet on the most recently announced title and that book must ship to the original buyer. Basically, like in the Matrix, "there is no book".
    haha makes total sense....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

So awesome of Paul to give away those ARCs.

I know he said there's no teaser, but it would have been perfect if he just posted an image of television static instead. Could have said "here's the teaser" and all we end up getting is a static image of static instead (static squared, if you will).

Sure, everyone already knows that it's Neuromancer, but it would have been fun still. ;-)

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Sorry for the late reply. It was in a newsletter email and that's basically all they said. "Join and get it for list."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just want to say that I love Mike Duke’s cane and I love the story behind it even more. Good seeing you, Mike!

Actually I also want to say that I always enjoy Paul’s live feed videos. They are often the highlight of an otherwise stressful work day. I’ve even taken to blocking out the time on my work calendar way ahead each quarter when the next ones are announced. Anyone asks who is the Paul Suntup on my calendar, I’ll tell them he’s my therapist which is what gets me through the week.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting that Paul showed a doodle today from one of the Thomas Harris sig sheets for Red Dragon that he kept. It looked identical to a doodle that I got in my signed copy of Cari Mora. An owl or some type of bird.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It is their Patreon. You can sign up for $25 or $75 a month. It hasn't had much action in a while as far as posts go.

If you sign up for $25 you can buy Red Dragon for $65 for a total of $90. You can always cancel the continuing sponsorship later.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    Interesting that Paul showed a doodle today from one of the Thomas Harris sig sheets for Red Dragon that he kept. It looked identical to a doodle that I got in my signed copy of Cari Mora. An owl or some type of bird.
    Yeah, he apparently has doodled owls before. That's awesome that you got one of them!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Kris, the argument could be made that the buyer AND seller have to fill out the forms simultaneously in order for it to go into effect. I imagine that's what's in place currently...

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I just want to say that I love Mike Duke’s cane and I love the story behind it even more. Good seeing you, Mike!

Actually I also want to say that I always enjoy Paul’s live feed videos. They are often the highlight of an otherwise stressful work day. I’ve even taken to blocking out the time on my work calendar way ahead each quarter when the next ones are announced. Anyone asks who is the Paul Suntup on my calendar, I’ll tell them he’s my therapist which is what gets me through the week.
    Absolutely. Didn’t think I would make it today as I was on holiday, but squirrelled myself away to watch, and amazingly won an ARC.

My partner thinks I am getting obsessed....as if! 😌
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Thanks Patrick. Nice of you to say that. And I also love the videos. I count the minutes and then jump on to watch the video.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post
    Kris, the argument could be made that the buyer AND seller have to fill out the forms simultaneously in order for it to go into effect. I imagine that's what's in place currently...
    Kris has it right. For Misery, the buyer in possession of the book, can claim the rights.

For non-King books, you would never have the physical book before the presale for the next book, so the issue will never present itself.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post

That what people seem to be thinking. I think I will take the red pill on this one.
    The matrix is within today's book, we'll just have to figure out what the code means and by the way i'll take the red pill too.

My Mood
    Cool

Yep, can not wait to see this, and then get it. I am wondering about the contest though. Only a few hours to go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 645 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 564 ... LastLast