Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 645 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 529 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,725 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    Very interesting. I do like time travel stories. I will be taking a closer look at this one. Thanks for the suggestions!!
    Ken Grimwood all day everyday Paul.

All i need to know is when its released and i am happy chappy.
    Yes! I loved Replay!
    One of my all-time favorite novels. As spectacular and special a limited of SOMEWHERE IN TIME would be, a limited of Ken Grimwood’s REPLAY would be a singularly phenomenal event for me. I’ve always been puzzled why a limited (other than the recent Easton Press HC) has never been done...perhaps it’s a rights issue with his estate. If so, what a shame.
    REPLAY would be a great choice!
    I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree.
    :a cascade of endorphins bursts forth from my pituitary:

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Very interesting. I do like time travel stories. I will be taking a closer look at this one. Thanks for the suggestions!!

Yes! I loved Replay!
    One of my all-time favorite novels. As spectacular and special a limited of SOMEWHERE IN TIME would be, a limited of Ken Grimwood’s REPLAY would be a singularly phenomenal event for me. I’ve always been puzzled why a limited (other than the recent Easton Press HC) has never been done...perhaps it’s a rights issue with his estate. If so, what a shame.
    I agree.
    I have a signed 1st US HC (and an unsigned U.K. HC 1st) of REPLAY, Paul, and somewhere a letter where he talks about a sequel of sorts he was planning. If you do tackle this book at some point in the future and if either of my items can be of use to you — facsimile signature? photocopied illustration? — please let me know.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Yes! I loved Replay!
    I agree.
    I have a signed 1st US HC (and an unsigned U.K. HC 1st) of REPLAY, Paul, and somewhere a letter where he talks about a sequel of sorts he was planning. If you do tackle this book at some point in the future and if either of my items can be of use to you — facsimile signature? photocopied illustration? — please let me know.
    All of that is goodness!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

A time travel trilogy (Time And Again, Replay and 11/22/63) was suggested to Paul a while ago. I believe one of those three will end up as a Suntup Edition.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    A time travel trilogy (Time And Again, Replay and 11/22/63) was suggested to Paul a while ago. I believe one of those three will end up as a Suntup Edition.
    Can you call 3 books on the same theme a trilogy?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Can you call 3 books on the same theme a trilogy?
    I don’t think so. You could call it a set maybe. Or a collection.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

A triptych.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As much as I like the other two (esp Kings), I would have to go all out for a lettered Replay. It would be lottery, but would chase for one hands down.

Don’t know why, but I have read that so many times.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

To quote El Guapo, "Would you say that I have a plethora of time travel books?"
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I see a numbered RED DRAGON sold for a penny under $1700 on E-Bay.

Is this the same as flipping houses, or whatever that's called?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I was shocked by that price - until I saw who the seller is. It’s the same fine gentleman who was ousted from this forum for getting on everyone’s bad side. Although a lot of his inventory is laughably overpriced, he still manages to sell stuff for some reason.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

I was wondering if it was a real sale. Did he “sell” it to a friend to make it look like he’s moving books at those prices? I doubt it but that’s just crazy.

EDITED TO ADD: i mean the book is not in hand and it doesn’t come with rights. Unless Paul offers rights to a future Harris book for Red Dragon owners. But nothings been said about that.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I was wondering if it was a real sale. Did he “sell” it to a friend to make it look like he’s moving books at those prices? I doubt it but that’s just crazy.

EDITED TO ADD: i mean the book is not in hand and it doesn’t come with rights. Unless Paul offers rights to a future Harris book for Red Dragon owners. But nothings been said about that.

I hope he doesnt do that. Just for his own sanity. Magine the logistical nightmare of trying to do that???
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I hope he doesnt do that. Just for his own sanity. Magine the logistical nightmare of trying to do that???
    I don’t know how he keeps sane just doing what he already does.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Unless Paul offers rights to a future Harris book for Red Dragon owners. But nothings been said about that.

Pretty sure thats not going to happen. The separate King track is an anomaly. Even the H.G Wells books were only sold as a pre-order at the point Time Machine was announced. If you didn't take advantage of the Pre-order, there is no guarantee of your getting a match to the other two books. Right now, the rule is simple. If you are the owner of the previous edition, you get first refusal on the next to match the designation of the book you own.

Edit I'll amend that as someone is bound to point it out...
    Right now, the rule is simple. If you are the owner of the previous edition (or you have sold the previous edition but kept rights by not transferring them through the transfer mechanism), you get first refusal on the next to match the designation of the book you own.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Unless Paul offers rights to a future Harris book for Red Dragon owners. But nothings been said about that.

Pretty sure thats not going to happen. The separate King track is an anomaly. Even the H.G Wells books were only sold as a pre-order at the point Time Machine was announced. If you didn't take advantage of the Pre-order, there is no guarantee of your getting a match to the other two books. Right now, the rule is simple. If you are the owner of the previous edition, you get first refusal on the next to match the designation of the book you own.

Right now, the rule is simple. If you are the owner of the previous edition (or you have sold the previous edition but kept rights by not transferring them through the transfer mechanism), you get first refusal on the next to match the designation of the book you own.
    Right. I only mentioned it with regards to the insanely high price someone paid for Red Dragon. It’s possible there is a broke, misguided individual who thinks they are entitled to a future Harris book (one that hasn’t even been hinted at, by the way). I was just trying to understand why someone would pay so much for that book right now.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Right. I only mentioned it with regards to the insanely high price someone paid for Red Dragon. It’s possible there is a broke, misguided individual who thinks they are entitled to a future Harris book (one that hasn’t even been hinted at, by the way). I was just trying to understand why someone would pay so much for that book right now.

Because they wanted it? Lol and only one they can find for sale.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Agree with Kris. If you want something bad enough, and you don't see it that often, even if it's a little high, you should probably go for it. I am still kicking myself for not jumping on something that was at a great price and I did not
    move. Who knows what the motivation is. Maybe the buyer just really liked the book and the presentation was so good that the person jumped on it. I have not kept up with the prices for Red Dragon, but I think the highest I ever saw was
    about $1,200? Maybe. I can't remember.
    P.S I know understand how the rights things go but I always did not. And I am glad I bought the H.G wells set to make sure I get all three books. I wonder if Paul would ever do something like that again for a set of 3 books
    by the same author.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Agree with Kris. If you want something bad enough, and you don't see it that often, even if it's a little high, you should probably go for it. I am still kicking myself for not jumping on something that was at a great price and I did not
    move. Who knows what the motivation is. Maybe the buyer just really liked the book and the presentation was so good that the person jumped on it. I have not kept up with the prices for Red Dragon, but I think the highest I ever saw was
    about $1,200? Maybe. I can't remember.
    P.S I know understand how the rights things go but I always did not. And I am glad I bought the H.G wells set to make sure I get all three books. I wonder if Paul would ever do something like that again for a set of 3 books
    by the same author.
    I am a little bummed out that now that I have given up my number, I probably won't be able to buy, much less match the next H.G. Wells book, even though I have bought the original 3. I believe he has stated he will do The Island of Dr. Moreau
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if Paul would ever do something like that again for a set of 3 books by the same author.
    Sure, but maybe 2 this time...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Stoke those fires baby!
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I wonder if Paul would ever do something like that again for a set of 3 books by the same author.
    Sounds like a plan to me .

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All this talk that's maybe not even about Grimwood has me going into his non-Replay back catalog and hooooo boy even just beat up mass market paperbacks of his other books are not cheap. I can't find ANY copies of Elise - the book I'm most curious about - for under $200.

Replay is the only Grimwood I've read but I was floored by it and have gone back to it a couple times since my first read.

Looking now at a couple of copies of Into the Deep at $10 or maybe a copy of Breakthrough for $30. Anyone have any recommendations??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 645 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 529 ... LastLast