Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 645 FirstFirst ... 322 372 412 420 421 422 423 424 432 472 522 ... LastLast
Results 10,526 to 10,550 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    These are really spectacular! Paul keeps raising the bar. I so wish I could afford that lettered (and one was available). Congrats Paul and Becca on another stunner.
    This was one of the few instances when I thought the numbered was more spectacular than the lettered. It might be because I don't know the intricacies of the materials used and process.

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice editions Paul, sadly i'll have to pass on the Numbered. A bit out of my price range at the moment but i'll buy the AGE instead. 😉

So, one of these will be available for the public on Saturday. 🙃
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Hand painted numbers in each of the 250 numbered? WOW... that is just unreal. Im blown away.
    I think only the covers are hand-painted; the numbers on the cover are foil-stamped.

I must admit, I'm a bit taken aback by the design of the numbered edition. It's very striking, but I'm not sure what to think of it yet. The artist and lettered editions are very appealing, though.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Hand painted numbers in each of the 250 numbered? WOW... that is just unreal. Im blown away.
    I think only the covers are hand-painted; the numbers on the cover are foil-stamped.

I must admit, I'm a bit taken aback by the design of the numbered edition. It's very striking, but I'm not sure what to think of it yet. The artist and lettered editions are very appealing, though.

HBJ
    My fav is the numbered. lol Thank you for clarification on that to Peter. I was referring to the 1-250 numbers
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

HBJ
    My fav is the numbered. lol Thank you for clarification on that to Peter. I was referring to the 1-250 numbers
    That's what I first thought you meant, actually, but I couldn't find that description either. Where does it say that?
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The designs on all 3 editions are amazing! Gift and numbered ordered! Don't miss the video clip of the hand painted paste papers-such a cool feature that I would have never dreamed on anything but maybe a lettered edition! I love how the acrylic case allows this to show through! (!)

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Default 1984

Just ordered my copy and I couldn’t be more excited. Possibly my favorite novel of all time.

To those of you that have read the book, isn’t it remarkable to see something that was written over 70 years ago start to play out before our very eyes. I’m not meaning to get political but there are ideas and themes in this book that are happening in The world currently and not only are we allowing it to happen, but we are encouraging it as a society. Thought policing, the censoring of ideas conflicting with our own, government surveillance, re writing and erasing past historical events etc etc. I mean you read it for the first time and in your mind you think oh this is a futuristic dystopian novel, nothing like this would ever happen and you actually stop to think about it and we’re not too far off . It’s just amazing how good of a grasp Orwell had on the nature of humans and our need to control each other.

Anyways thank you Paul for giving this book the Suntup treatment , it’s such an important and powerful book

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ
    That's what I first thought you meant, actually, but I couldn't find that description either. Where does it say that?
    UNder the numbered... says each one is numbered via hand painting.. so I assumed your # in the book... Paul can you clarify?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

The old member here that RF banned has a numbered copy up already for $2000. WTF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

HBJ
    UNder the numbered... says each one is numbered via hand painting.. so I assumed your # in the book... Paul can you clarify?
    I don't see that.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

From what I got from the description of the numbered, each cover is hand painted so each will be a little different and unique. A stellar production as always.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Brian,
    second paragraph of the description of the numbered ed "Marie Kelzer’s paste paper covers for 1984 are handpainted one at a time, and no two are entirely alike."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Brian,
    second paragraph of the description of the numbered ed "Marie Kelzer’s paste paper covers for 1984 are handpainted one at a time, and no two are entirely alike."
    yes. Correct that is where I seen it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is probably the first time that I haven't found the SP book design all that compelling. Doesn't quite capture the tone of 1984. It's striking but not my cup of tea. One of my favorite novels but at those prices you should love it to buy it. The Joe Hill association is also a bit strange for this one.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian,
    That is the covers. Not numbers. Kris sounded to me like he was saying the actual numbers on the limitation page would be hand painted.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not seeing that part either. I'm only seeing that the covers themselves are hand-painted.

But if the limitation numbers ARE hand-painted, is it cynical of me to not really care? And I don't mean that as a slight to Kris, Paul, or anyone, haha!

I just mean that the numbers are handwritten anyways. I personally just don't see swapping out a pen for a paintbrush as being that much of an improvement (unless each number had an artistic flourish to it).

Very nice editions for all three, by the way!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Brian,
    That is the covers. Not numbers. Kris sounded to me like he was saying the actual numbers on the limitation page would be hand painted.
    I wasn't sure. I said above... so its the covers... I thought he was referring to each number in the book.. which I think is cool to.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Brian,
    Gotcha. I don't know. I would have to read the description again but to me, it really doesn't matter.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Sigh...

...just another Suntup book nobody's talking about.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Brian,
    Yes, the covers are painted, but not the limitation numbers.

(That's not a complaint. I was just confused as to where it was stated that the numbers were hand-painted.)

I appreciate that the numbered edition is letterpress.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Where's the $1984.00 edition?
    Steve, I hate to disappoint, so I will set up a special coupon code which will charge you $1984 for the AGE. Just for you! :-)

HBJ
    No, it did not say numbered via hand painting. The paste paper covering the book is painted by Kelzer. She painted the cover paper. She is not painting the numbers in the book. I added a small edit to that line so there is no confusion.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Where's the $1984.00 edition?
    Steve, I hate to disappoint, so I will set up a special coupon code which will charge you $1984 for the AGE. Just for you! :-)

HBJ
    No, it did not say numbered via hand painting. The paste paper covering the book is painted by Kelzer. She painted the cover paper. She is not painting the numbers in the book. I added a small edit to that line so there is no confusion.
    So is every book different? I am still confused. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Looks like great ed Paul. I am excited for what will be on the way after the slip cases are done. I am excited for the others that are being worked on. And I am excited to see what else is 2021. Basically I am excited .

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

So is every book different? I am still confused. lol
    No worries! So each sheet of paper was painted by hand. Not printed. Take a look at the video at the bottom of the announcement page. Since each sheet is hand painted, no two can be completely alike. Sure, they have the same overall design, but each one is painted individually. We didn't create one design, and then print off 250 copies for each book from one design. Does that make sense? So the Numbered edition covers are each painted by hand for each copy. Nothing to do with the actual designations in the book.

My Mood
    Cool

Wow. I just noticed the video. That is so freaking cool. I did not scroll down far enough to see the vid the first time. Really outstanding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 422 of 645 FirstFirst ... 322 372 412 420 421 422 423 424 432 472 522 ... LastLast