Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 397 of 645 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 399 407 447 497 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Split the difference and do the spine title in column form.
    No difference to split... it is done.
    Future titles...duh
    Ah yes... duh...

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    In other news ; i received the IAL ARC in good condition, thanks again Paul!
    You're welcome!

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

According to the status page ; bookbinding has now begun for The Lottery numbered.

One step closer. 📚🤓
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I noticed you fixed the printed spine label on The Lottery. The title now runs the standard way reading top down. I was wondering if the top up was intentional before.
    Not much gets passed you guys! You are not the first to have noticed this. But to answer your question, yes it was intentional. That was how we originally designed it, but I had changed my mind and forgot to update the imagery. There is no 'wrong' way with regard to the direction the label runs on the spine, it's just that we are more used to the way it's showing now. Perhaps the three greatest book designers of the twentieth century used to have the type running up the spine. All British and most European books used to do it that way. American books are the opposite. Well spotted.
    After I posted my observation (but before you responded) I was chatting with my wife, who is a graphic designer, about what I noticed and she said "From the bottom up like the Europeans? That's not a mistake. I'd love to see more book spines designed that way." So now I will vet all my observations with her before posting.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

According to the status page ; bookbinding has now begun for The Lottery numbered.

One step closer. 📚🤓
    I love watching the colors change .

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post

One step closer. 📚🤓
    Same here.. 😁

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

One step closer.
    Same here..
    And you don’t even need any psychedelics!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I noticed you fixed the printed spine label on The Lottery. The title now runs the standard way reading top down. I was wondering if the top up was intentional before.
    Not much gets passed you guys! You are not the first to have noticed this. But to answer your question, yes it was intentional. That was how we originally designed it, but I had changed my mind and forgot to update the imagery. There is no 'wrong' way with regard to the direction the label runs on the spine, it's just that we are more used to the way it's showing now. Perhaps the three greatest book designers of the twentieth century used to have the type running up the spine. All British and most European books used to do it that way. American books are the opposite. Well spotted.
    After I posted my observation (but before you responded) I was chatting with my wife, who is a graphic designer, about what I noticed and she said "From the bottom up like the Europeans? That's not a mistake. I'd love to see more book spines designed that way." So now I will vet all my observations with her before posting.
    Well, it's that way in France.
    That was actually a conversation starter with my wife a few weeks ago, after we noticed that, in my shelves, the english-spoken books were in a different way than the french one. And i found an interesting (french) article about it.

Feel free to use google translate on it : http://www.slate.fr/story/146151/dos-des-livres

In short :
    - in the past, books, in France were like this

- It's true that in america, they're like this. Which makes more sense, when being put flat on tables.

- but in France, the majoity of books are not put flat, otherwise they'd look like this.. which is not as efficient

But then, apparently, in France we're more likely to put the head down to the left instead of the right to read titles, and publishers kept it that way

Part of my shelves that shows that not all books are shown the same way... even though they are mostly french. But even among the french books it's not standardized...

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

That's so cool! Thanks for the peek.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree, thanks Jeremy!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

As Edgar Allen Poe said to Howard Phillips Lovecraft, "It's all Greek to me, brother!"
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

now I'm getting sea sick
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

I started flipping all my books over and speaking a really really poor imitation of French.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I started flipping all my books over and speaking a really really poor imitation of French.
    That settles it Jeff. Next unboxing is done in your "poor imitation of French". I am Greek and I still don't understand it Steve.

Country
    Country Flag

That settles it Jeff. Next unboxing is done in your "poor imitation of French". I am Greek and I still don't understand it Steve.
    hahaha I'm offensive enough as it is!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Talking about Jeff's videos, my mother told me yesterday she is a big fan of them and finds him very funny. For some strange reason, she especially enjoys the ones in which he unboxes items from a press called Suntup Editions.

Country
    Country Flag

Talking about Jeff's videos, my mother told me yesterday she is a big fan of them and finds him very funny. For some strange reason, she especially enjoys the ones in which he unboxes items from a press called Suntup Editions.
    Oh that's great! That's one viewer I definitely want to win over. Now I'm going to rewatch my videos and groan in discomfort! Which is pretty normal when I watch my videos.

My Mood
    Cool

It's obvious your mom has great taste in entertainment, and books Paul.

My Mood
    Cool

Oh that's great! That's one viewer I definitely want to win over. Now I'm going to rewatch my videos and groan in discomfort! Which is pretty normal when I watch my videos.
    Come on Jeff, your vids are great. I wish I knew how to do them. I mean do them at all. I don't even know how to make a video and upload it.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is like thinking a movie is appropriate for the parents and you watch it with them and it is filled with brutality and sex that is completely inappropriate. Embarrassing.

Now when I WATCH one of your videos I am going to cringe thinking of Ms. Suntup's convictions being under attack.

Honestly, Jeff, you should be ashamed.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Talking about Jeff's videos, my mother told me yesterday she is a big fan of them and finds him very funny.
    This is absolutely splendid and it makes me happy that you shared this with us

My Mood
    Cool

What the hell, might as well give a count of what's out there
    Red Dragon GE 48
    Brother S\L 76
    F451 GE 4
    F451 print 60
    That's it until we get the next announcement which is May 14th. The status page looks promising as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    It is like thinking a movie is appropriate for the parents and you watch it with them and it is filled with brutality and sex that is completely inappropriate. Embarrassing.

Now when I WATCH one of your videos I am going to cringe thinking of Ms. Suntup's convictions being under attack.

Honestly, Jeff, you should be ashamed.
    Exactly! Now I'll have stage fright knowing Mama Suntup is out there listening to my nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

This is absolutely splendid and it makes me happy that you shared this with us
    Me too and me too!

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Red Dragon GE 48
    Brother S\L 76
    F451 GE 4
    F451 print 60
    That's it until we get the next announcement which is May 14th. The status page looks promising as well.
    Don't forget the IAL print 67 .😉

My Mood
    Cool

Red Dragon GE 48
    Brother S\L 76
    F451 GE 4
    F451 print 60
    Don't forget the IAL print 67 .😉
    Your right. I forgot to put that in there. Sorry .

Country
    Country Flag

I wish I knew how to do them. I mean do them at all. I don't even know how to make a video and upload it.
    There's nothing to it. REALLY. Nothing to it. I use an iPhone 8. And a free app called Splice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 397 of 645 FirstFirst ... 297 347 387 395 396 397 398 399 407 447 497 ... LastLast