Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 645 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 444 494 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to it!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Congrats to Paul for the sell out and congrats to those who got them. Especially if this is their first Suntup book.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    And already someone put it on Ebay, i wonder how long it will stay up on there .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-lottery...4AAOSwe7pemy6r

Ps: Congratulations on the sell out Paul!
    Wow. I cannot believe that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Could use some help locating EOTD Art Portfolio #183. Have #41 to trade. If someone needs #41 I am happy to swap as well.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

With all the Lottery stuff going on, it was hard to notice that the last IAL sold. So ANOTHER sell out. I know it took a while, but I don't think Paul minds that at all.

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    With all the Lottery stuff going on, it was hard to notice that the last IAL sold. So ANOTHER sell out. I know it took a while, but I don't think Paul minds that at all.
    That is doubly awesome! I love the look of that edition and it truly deserved to sell out much sooner!
    In search of: #127 of Suntup's Misery, Hill House, Horns, Rosemary's Baby (willing to trade lower number for Horns and Rosemary's Baby)

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

In the announcement mail for the may release it stated "containing six stories by six different authors, along with a new introduction written by the original publisher of these tales. "

Makes me wonder though if this is going to be more like a mystery anthology containing short stories handpicked by Paul himself because of the stories containing a new introduction written by the original publisher part.
    Which makes me believe all of these stories have different publishers .

So what do you guys think? Is the next release going to be The Great Suntup Book Of Mystery ? 🤔
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

In the announcement mail for the may release it stated "containing six stories by six different authors, along with a new introduction written by the original publisher of these tales. "

Makes me wonder though if this is going to be more like a mystery anthology containing short stories handpicked by Paul himself because of the stories containing a new introduction written by the original publisher part.

So what do you guys think? Is the next release going to be The Great Suntup Book Of Mystery ? 🤔
    Personally, I think they have the same original publisher, if only from Paul's grammar and word choice (on which he is usually precise).

However, to expand upon your idea, they could be from the different issues/sources of the same publication. For example, there are magazines that have the same editor or publisher issue-to-issue and this could be a "Best of" of sorts (though a very brief one, given it's only six stories).

One of the things that had stood out to me was that Paul said it was signed by "all of the authors". This made me originally think that the publisher was not signing. But as Kris pointed out on Facebook, the publisher (singular or plural) COULD be an author. Kind of like a "selected by Lawrence Block" or "Joe R Lansdale presents" sort of deal.

Needless to say, I am VERY intrigued as to what the May title is. We need a detective to solve this mystery, of which I am certainly not...
    In search of: #127 of Suntup's Misery, Hill House, Horns, Rosemary's Baby (willing to trade lower number for Horns and Rosemary's Baby)

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post

Personally, I think they have the same original publisher, if only from Paul's grammar and word choice (on which he is usually precise).

However, to expand upon your idea, they could be from the different issues/sources of the same publication. For example, there are magazines that have the same editor or publisher issue-to-issue and this could be a "Best of" of sorts (though a very brief one, given it's only six stories).

One of the things that had stood out to me was that Paul said it was signed by "all of the authors". This made me originally think that the publisher was not signing. But as Kris pointed out on Facebook, the publisher (singular or plural) COULD be an author. Kind of like a "selected by Lawrence Block" or "Joe R Lansdale presents" sort of deal.

Needless to say, I am VERY intrigued as to what the May title is. We need a detective to solve this mystery, of which I am certainly not...
    It's a great mystery for all of us, i suppose. 😉

At first i , personally, thought that it could be Six Scary Stories selected by Stephen King himself.
    But (considering i haven't read that at all) it wouldn't make sense because i assume that those are supposed to be six scary stories , not mystery and that's why i'm leaning towards my previous guess.
    Whatever the case, i really like reading everyone's thoughts about it on here and i'm no Sherlock Holmes either. 🕵️😉
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pumped for The Lottery but. . . Could Red Dragon turn out to be the best produced numbered Suntup since Misery?

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That’s impressive.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Horns is the best numbered produced since Misery. RB a very close second and RD will most definitely take that spot away. F451 has a dog in the fight as well.

Harris might just have the best sig in the business as far as penmanship . Refreshing since most are content with scribbling a line or loop-de-loop.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Five good points! Agree with every one of them. Well said, Sir. Love his Sig and Horns is the one to beat.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    That’s impressive.
    Ah. . . Thanks, Patrick.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's one hair-raising Harris collection!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Red dragon proof. $250
    Shipped!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm curious to see what people make of The Lottery numbered edition's paper binding (numbered edition); I've heard of other books using that binding, but I haven't seen much feedback from people who actually own them (I've seen plenty from apprehensive would-be purchasers concerned about durability).

A digression for anyone interested in fine bindings beyond the King/Suntup world:
    Thornwillow Press (who does very nice work, if you haven't heard of them) produced several editions of the Sherlock Holmes Hexalogy (https://thornwillow.com/sherlock-holmes-hexalogy), one of which is in a paper binding. There are 5 editions on that page, but very limited editions (6 of one style, and one each of two others) were produced as part of their Kickstarter campaign (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...olmes-hexalogy); scroll down the screen, watch the boxes on the right side, and look for the pledges beginning at $2,500.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Cool

I am not familiar with all the different kind of bindings. For this book (The Lottery) it may not be an issue because the book is so small (page count)? Maybe the issues begin with books that are bigger.
    Just a guess on my part.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

What if the June announcement is 1984? And what if the front board or the case has some sort of reflective surface to send the message that Big Brother is always watching? What if? What if I keep all future ideas to myself?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    What if the June announcement is 1984? And what if the front board or the case has some sort of reflective surface to send the message that Big Brother is always watching? What if? What if I keep all future ideas to myself?
    I second your guess about Nineteen Eighty-Four being the June title. It just fits his description perfectly. It is a dystopian classic that is still relevant today. And it just celebrated its 70th anniversary!

I'm hoping for Cormac McCarthy to be signing. He said that it was someone whose work he has already published. And it'd be cool to get McCarthy's signature, since he didn't sign The Road!

My Mood
    Cool

I was guessing McCarthy as well as the intro writer. It just makes sense of the books that were already published. Oh and 1984 it is.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

If McCarthy does write the intro, would he be likely to sign books because of that when he didn't sign his own book? Just curiousity on my part as I have no clue on if he's ever signed books.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    If McCarthy does write the intro, would he be likely to sign books because of that when he didn't sign his own book? Just curiousity on my part as I have no clue on if he's ever signed books.
    He's stingy with his signature and he previously vowed to never sign The Road (apart from the copies he signed and gave directly to his son). So I doubt he'd sign a book he only introduced--but I really have no idea.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    If McCarthy does write the intro, would he be likely to sign books because of that when he didn't sign his own book? Just curiosity on my part as I have no clue on if he's ever signed books.
    I think The Road is the only book he won't sign publicly because it's so personal. He did sign a number of them but I think he gave them all to his son. I once saw one for sale and it was $10,000 if I remember correctly. But that was for The Road because it's so rare to get a signed one. I don't know what his other signed books may go for. OR, it may be King. I am pretty sure he considers 1984 to be a masterpiece and an influence as well.Plus, it may be easier to get his and it would not be as extreme as a McCarthy sig. Those, to me, are the only two previous living authors that I see writing an into for a book as important as 1984.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I really hope it is Nineteen Eighty-Four. Not only would I love to see this novel get the Suntup treatment, it will hopefully encourage more people to read it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 645 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 444 494 ... LastLast