Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 256 of 645 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 356 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm halfway through. There is quite a bit of tension. The younger characters are well developed. The older characters are still a bit of an enigma. I'm finding myself somewhat sympathetic with a couple of people I know to be monsters.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I'm halfway through. There is quite a bit of tension. The younger characters are well developed. The older characters are still a bit of an enigma. I'm finding myself somewhat sympathetic with a couple of people I know to be monsters.
    Well, indeed.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was going through some photos on my phone and came across this one. Quite a sight. 26 Lettered Misery's all together in one place.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

They say MISERY loves company.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe they’ll all get together again for a 10 year anniversary in 2028? Letter D is in
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally got around to watching the movie Horns last night in celebration of Paul's release. I was really underwhelmed and glad I'd already read the book.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I was going through some photos on my phone and came across this one. Quite a sight. 26 Lettered Misery's all together in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Finally got around to watching the movie Horns last night in celebration of Paul's release. I was really underwhelmed and glad I'd already read the book.
    I'll never understand why they didn't do a better job on this movie! From what I recall, there were a lot of small things where they deviated from the book and didn't need to. Or that were much better expressed in the book. It wasn't like some novel -> movie translations where they have to cut half of the plot out to make it shorter, or cut characters or anything - they did a fine job with that stuff, I just really feel like they could have done what they did, but better.

It seemed like such a straightforward book to make into a movie that when my wife asked if she should read the book first, I foolishly told her "no". Now I can't get her to read the book

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interestingly enough Hill said he prefers the film Horns to the book in the Suntup introduction.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Interestingly enough Hill said he prefers the film Horns to the book in the Suntup introduction.
    I always read the intros after I read the book. I don’t want anything flavoring my read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

I read that also and I'm just gonna have to disagree with Mr. Hill on that one.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I always read the intros after I read the book. I don’t want anything flavoring my read.

I heartily agree. I just finished reading VONNEGUT THE COMPLETE STORIES, and the editor gives away the plots of all the stories in the introductions before each section of the book. They should have been afterwords.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

I heartily agree. I just finished reading VONNEGUT THE COMPLETE STORIES, and the editor gives away the plots of all the stories in the introductions before each section of the book. They should have been afterwords.
    I read The Haunting of Hill House to prep for the Suntup release. The forward discussed critical plot elements and the ending

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

I read The Haunting of Hill House to prep for the Suntup release. The forward discussed critical plot elements and the ending

WHY THE HELL do they do that?? It's a simple thing to make it an afterword. In the intro, I'd rather have someone talk about what the experience of the book meant to them. Or talk about the book's impact on culture. Things that are a lot less specific to the plot or details.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

WHY THE HELL do they do that?? It's a simple thing to make it an afterword. In the intro, I'd rather have someone talk about what the experience of the book meant to them. Or talk about the book's impact on culture. Things that are a lot less specific to the plot or details.
    I could not agree more.

Particularly with a book like HHH (which I've just finished, coincidentally), where giving away the ending is a criminal offense. (Great book, by the way - highly recommend it)

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I could not agree more.

Particularly with a book like HHH (which I've just finished, coincidentally), where giving away the ending is a criminal offense. (Great book, by the way - highly recommend it)

HBJ
    I agree, I seem to recall the same issue with HHH, which I read about 2 or 3 years ago. I seem to recall a book which Stephen King introduced in which he gave away too much, but I can't recall the book (or maybe I didn't actually read the book, and only the introduction??)

EDIT: I think it was the introduction to "The Girl next door" which was included in the "Secret Window, Essays and Fiction on the craft of writing". Never read the book, but I remember thinking, wow, this would really piss me off if I read all this before I started reading the book.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I could not agree more.

HBJ
    I agree, I seem to recall the same issue with HHH, which I read about 2 or 3 years ago. I seem to recall a book which Stephen King introduced in which he gave away too much, but I can't recall the book (or maybe I didn't actually read the book, and only the introduction??)
    And since I don't know which way the writer is going to go (spoilers or no) I just avoid intros altogether.

**EDIT** until after I read the main text.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yep. Nothing worse than, just before your first read of Frankenstein or Dracula or what have you, before you get to the main event and experience the entertainment for yourself, you learn all the major plot points and symbolism etc. along with what everyone in the last 150 years thought of it. It might be a good idea for an English 101 class, but that's it.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

STILL have not got my Horns numbered DYING to see the spine!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It's awesome Kris. Just awesome. But that lettered is a beast. There are new pics up on the site that show just how massive it is.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It's awesome Kris. Just awesome. But that lettered is a beast. There are new pics up on the site that show just how massive it is.
    I have the lettered. I do not have the numbered yet.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I am sure you will get it soon. Yea, I know you have the lettered. You lucky dog you .

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Some incredible photos of Horns over at ym2000's thread: ym2000 Collection. Thanks Yegor. Amazing photography as usual.

Country
    Country Flag

Some incredible photos of Horns over at ym2000's thread: ym2000 Collection. Thanks Yegor. Amazing photography as usual.
    How is it possible to make your books look even better than they are? And yet, here’s the thread that does!

Country
    Country Flag

He does take some amazing photos.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 256 of 645 FirstFirst ... 156 206 246 254 255 256 257 258 266 306 356 ... LastLast