Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 516 of 645 FirstFirst ... 16 416 466 506 514 515 516 517 518 526 566 616 ... LastLast
Results 12,876 to 12,900 of 16106

Thread: Suntup Editions

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Well, I have no guess but I am still very excited.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Anything by Thomas Harris I love and Blood Meridian is in my top ten but looks like I won't get to play. Shame, maybe I can sell something but I doubt it. Good luck to everyone that is lucky enough to get the beautiful books, bye.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

For the 1st book in February, I'm trying to remember the options from that survey and what could be the most requested book from it.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    January is Silence of the Lambs
    March is Blood Meridian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about Nemoh21 has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    For the 1st book in February, I'm trying to remember the options from that survey and what could be the most requested book from it.
    I’m pretty sure the survey we recently took was for titles in 2022. I think at the time he sent us that survey the books for 2021 were already in production so I think anything on that list won’t be published until 2022. I could be completely wrong. That’s just the way I read it. So it would have to be from the survey sent 2 years ago which I as not a part of at the time

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoh21 View Post
    I’m pretty sure the survey we recently took was for titles in 2022. I think at the time he sent us that survey the books for 2021 were already in production so I think anything on that list won’t be published until 2022. I could be completely wrong. That’s just the way I read it. So it would have to be from the survey sent 2 years ago which I as not a part of at the time
    You're probably right since Paul did say books that are announced have already been in the works for at least a year. So that survey was likely for 2022

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    January is Silence of the Lambs
    March is Blood Meridian.

Im not 100% sold on Silence.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I'm not 100% certain either, but the bit about 'left readers hungry for more' makes me think it's the likely title.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Traveler Steelersfan is on a distinguished road

There was survey in August 2019 and you were asked to name top 3 books so there was no list of authors to choose from. I googled it and redid survey!

My guesses are Silence of the Lambs, Dune, Interview With a Vampire, and Blood Meridian.

There have been some anniversary editions of Dune and Herbert family keeps a tight control on Frank Herbert's legacy but who knows. It was my request in recent survey and bunch of others request as well. The first February one is hard to nail down!

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post

I'm not 100% certain either, but the bit about 'left readers hungry for more' makes me think it's the likely title.
    I'm also with you on this one, but for some strange reason i can't help but think that "hungry for more" might be linked to Clive Barker's The Hellbound Heart.

The first movie was a box-office hit and left movie-goers "hungry for more" , also the character Frank was hungry for more to aid him in his regeneration on earth.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

I've seen some folks ask about 'Island of Dr Moreau' and the previous Roman Numeral edition was also a Wells book, wonder if that's a possibility.

If it's 'Dune', that's a crowded field with FS coming out with their LE recently and Centipede release one early next year as well.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I don't think the Jan book will be Silence. I say this only because Paul has had a habit of saying "this the second book we have published by this author..." and he does not say that for the Jan book. But he does say that
    for the March book. Just a thought.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Just to stir the pot a little more.
    We have already been told that the January title pre-order will go to those who purchased the December title. Both February titles mention the previous announcement date as carrying the pre-order rights. The March release states that this title is 'our second release by the author' and specifically does not state that the prior month would provide pre-sale rights. Instead it states 'Matching Number Pre-Orders for owners of the previous title will also begin at this time.' While that could be the second February title it could also mean the last previous release from this author. If it is that latter this would be a King release. Paul has also mentioned multiple books in process at over 1,000 pages. The Stand or It could fit the description.
    Just a thought, I could be wrong.

John F. Kennedy scottb has a spectacular aura about scottb has a spectacular aura about scottb has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    We have already been told that the January title pre-order will go to those who purchased the December title. Both February titles mention the previous announcement date as carrying the pre-order rights. The March release states that this title is 'our second release by the author' and specifically does not state that the prior month would provide pre-sale rights. Instead it states 'Matching Number Pre-Orders for owners of the previous title will also begin at this time.' While that could be the second February title it could also mean the last previous release from this author. If it is that latter this would be a King release. Paul has also mentioned multiple books in process at over 1,000 pages. The Stand or It could fit the description.
    Interesting. The Stand is considered by a lot of people to be King's best book but is it one of the greatest achievements of American literature? Blood Meridian fits that description and has been bizarrely neglected by fine press. It seems like it would be a huge seller for any fine press and worthy of being given the highest level of production suggested by the post. Of course, I'll take another King any day.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

The Stand is the next Cemetery Dance release after Night Shift, but since it is Cemetery Dance that might not see the light of day until 2023 or beyond.

I'm still sticking with Blood Meridian for March.

John F. Kennedy scottb has a spectacular aura about scottb has a spectacular aura about scottb has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Wow, the numbered Misery that Camelot had listed for 8000 sold.

https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/misery
    That is incredible.
    If another SK book is offered, what do we think the stand alone price of Misery would be since rights is a chunk of the current going price?
    $10k at the minimum. In fact, I think you could see it bouncing off the 12k mark
    If that's the case- mine would have to be "sacrificed". No question.
    I don’t think there are that many buyers for a numbered king regardless of the production at that price. The market would flood and tank the values.
    Maybe. I didn’t think it would hit 8k... yet there is multiple sales and above now. The amount of $$ for
    Collectables during a pandemic And economic slow down.. just astounds me.

Me too. I missed out on Misery at publication and purchased it much later. I've questioned my thinking on spending so much money for it many times but prices have nearly double since then. I've never bought a book as an investment. It will be interesting to see where this peaks and if/when it starts decreasing in value how far it falls. Could it be one of those that is still commanding a premium in fifty years? Or, is it only about the rights to the next King book? Time will tell.

My Mood
    Cool

I have a feeling it's not a King book now. After re-reading the description, it says that it is signed by the author of the intro and artist. I would think that if it were a King book it would also be
    signed by him. To me that sort of leans to a McCarty book since he did not sign The Road.

Quote Originally Posted by scottb View Post
    Interesting. The Stand is considered by a lot of people to be King's best book but is it one of the greatest achievements of American literature? Blood Meridian fits that description and has been bizarrely neglected by fine press. It seems like it would be a huge seller for any fine press and worthy of being given the highest level of production suggested by the post. Of course, I'll take another King any day.
    The March book isn't signed by the author, I'd think that would argue against it being a King novel. Additionally this wording 'f there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Number Pre-Orders, depending on quantities, these copies may be made available to purchase by lottery only' - leads me believe that it means right are carrying over from the late Feb book, which also has a limitation of 350.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottb View Post
    The March book isn't signed by the author, I'd think that would argue against it being a King novel. Additionally this wording 'f there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Number Pre-Orders, depending on quantities, these copies may be made available to purchase by lottery only' - leads me believe that it means right are carrying over from the late Feb book, which also has a limitation of 350.
    So if King states he will not do another signed edition should Paul no longer produce King editions?
    Is the fact that the Numbered is being produced at the Lettered level meant to remove the sting of King's next release not bearing King's signature? Your quote on the quantities is a valid discrepancy to my thoughts.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen some folks ask about 'Island of Dr Moreau' and the previous Roman Numeral edition was also a Wells book, wonder if that's a possibility.

If it's 'Dune', that's a crowded field with FS coming out with their LE recently and Centipede release one early next year as well.
    It won't be Dune. Pretty sure he posted in this thread a few months ago saying that he would not be pursuing the series out or respect for Jerad.
    Mark Twain

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Financially, I suppose I should be grateful: Paul continues to manage to avoid choosing titles I would buy (of course, if budget and shelf space permitted, I’d have sprung for like 8 - interesting word there, “sprung”). To be clear: this is NOT a criticism; individually and collectively, the choices are interesting and the blend is impressive (and the books themselves...you know all about those).
    In the village all the children running home

- they sing hymns that haunt them when they're all alone.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone need a Gently Used kidney? I might have to sell one of mine to stay on the numbered train in 2021

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone need a Gently Used kidney? I might have to sell one of mine to stay on the numbered train in 2021
    You sell the ones you don’t want though no?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

You sell the ones you don’t want though no?

I do, but I have a feeling I'm going to want to keep quite a few of them in 2021. The extra money I have usually goes toward the artist editions.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Financially, I suppose I should be grateful: Paul continues to manage to avoid choosing titles I would buy (of course, if budget and shelf space permitted, I’d have sprung for like 8 - interesting word there, “sprung”). To be clear: this is NOT a criticism; individually and collectively, the choices are interesting and the blend is impressive (and the books themselves...you know all about those).
    That has largely been the case for me as well. The production values are outstanding on every book but if the underlying book is not one that I'm interested in, then I'll pass. And that has been the case recently. But not everyone likes the same things. I'm holding out for Haruki Murakami or Michel Faber.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 516 of 645 FirstFirst ... 16 416 466 506 514 515 516 517 518 526 566 616 ... LastLast