Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 645 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 220 620 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Appreciate the support Glen. I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s a tragic and dire situation. But that’s just my opinion. There are worse things that can happen. But yes I do agree it’s an unfortunate error. And just to clarify, there are no ‘missing’ pages.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If we’re going to check Misery, we also have to put every other SL, from all publishers, through the same test and scrutiny. My bet is that many of our SLs contain some printing, editing and binding errors.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    If we’re going to check Misery, we also have to put every other SL, from all publishers, through the same test and scrutiny. My bet is that many of our SLs contain some printing, editing and binding errors.
    Exactly!

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Don't worry the worst S/L I ever bought for mistakes was Gauntlet's edition of The Great and Secret Show. Spelling errors and random semicolons in the middle of words. At one point it was so bad I was laughing. Still a great read though. Like others said, I won't be reading this copy anyways. Just admiring and flipping through it!
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

I just wish it didn’t happen for your sake!
    This was actually my first thought as well.

I hope it's limited to a few copies and everyone is as understanding as the folks in this forum.
    There is a thread on Facebook and of the 100+ comments there is not one upset person and probably 40-50 owners have spoken out. Shows the support for Paul and his work. Shit happens and we all know this thats for sure.
    somewhat of a misleading statement. i dont see 50 -60 owners of the book (unless you know all of them personally) but everyone is definately supporting PAUL during this tragic and dire situation. Paul has already reached out to many and handling this with great leadership and respect! I see about 10 not caring about the error. Others supporting PAUL or lamenting the Misery of Misery's missing pages. AND we KNOW you support PAUL in this ENDEAVOR and all other projects of Pauls! You are a great cheerleader and support of ALL thinks PAUL. Keep up the good work!
    How is my statement misleading Glen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I hope it's limited to a few copies and everyone is as understanding as the folks in this forum.
    There is a thread on Facebook and of the 100+ comments there is not one upset person and probably 40-50 owners have spoken out. Shows the support for Paul and his work. Shit happens and we all know this thats for sure.
    somewhat of a misleading statement. i dont see 50 -60 owners of the book (unless you know all of them personally) but everyone is definately supporting PAUL during this tragic and dire situation. Paul has already reached out to many and handling this with great leadership and respect! I see about 10 not caring about the error. Others supporting PAUL or lamenting the Misery of Misery's missing pages. AND we KNOW you support PAUL in this ENDEAVOR and all other projects of Pauls! You are a great cheerleader and support of ALL thinks PAUL. Keep up the good work!

I only see about 10 people actually saying they own the book and dont care about the mistake. Not 50 or 60. I agree everyone is being very supportive! You have a nice group of people on your facebook group.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I only see about 10 people actually saying they own the book and dont care about the mistake. Not 50 or 60. I agree everyone is being very supportive! You have a nice group of people on your facebook group.
    Oh sorry I should not have said owners. My bad. I mean people! and thanks man!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Appreciate the support Glen. I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s a tragic and dire situation. But that’s just my opinion. There are worse things that can happen. But yes I do agree it’s an unfortunate error. And just to clarify, there are no ‘missing’ pages.
    I was being DRAMATIC given the title of the Book! I still remember your excitement when opening the signing sheets! I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY For you and your company.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I literally just was reading a book from CD yesterday that I've had for a couple of years and discovered one form was flipped upside down. No big deal. Just had to flip the book over for 32 pages

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

AFAIK, there are no missing pages, no upside down pages, no discovered errata with missing text, just a misplacement of ~4 pages.
    It's clear there is little (actually none) ill will towards Paul himself. He personally didn't screw this up. The printer/binder screwed up.

Just because it wasn't directly Paul's fault does not mean owners out there aren't interested in possible solutions (options). I'm confident Paul will address the issue in such a way as to please most everyone.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine has the issue with the improper page placement.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Check your s/l Misery. Someone on Facebook SK Rare Editions group noticed his copy, starting at " page 226 it jumps to pages 231 - 234 then back to 227". My copy is the same.
    This has just been brought to my attention. I am looking into it now. If anyone else notices this in their copy, please send me an email using the contact form here.
    I just wish it didn’t happen for your sake! You must be really disappointed! Did you check the gift editions?
    It's okay. Sure, I'm disappointed but you've got to be able to deal with things like this as a publisher. Otherwise, I'd imagine you'd get worn down real fast. Things happen, and no matter how meticulous you are, there are elements of the production where you have to rely on the competency of others, and in general you're okay. Human error exists in our reality, and we just have to deal with it as best we can, although I won't be using the company responsible for this one again. And it was only the numbered edition that had this folding error.

Are all copies affected, or is there an error variant now? :p
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Are all copies affected, or is there an error variant now? :p
    With the numbered, now there are three ink colors for the numbers and now error variants. Man, I feel bad if you are a hardcore completist!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And dont forget the variant tape
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven’t a stake in the game, but I don’t see it as a big issue, it’s all there.

If anyone who has that much of a problem, please return it, and Paul, you have my email....... 😊

The Shining and smudging was the worst for me and I still love my copy. I suppose that impacted resell price, but would imagine that would not happen here, and most people who have Misery don’t really care as get the impression most want to keep them. I can’t speak for them of course, but that’s the impression I have.

In another, there was a renaming of a main character in one of my favourite King books.. who cares. It’s my favourite gaff as I don’t think anyone else has noticed that one. Only occurs the once in the book, but it got through the proof reads etc.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    I haven’t a stake in the game, but I don’t see it as a big issue, it’s all there.

If anyone who has that much of a problem, please return it, and Paul, you have my email....... 😊

The Shining and smudging was the worst for me and I still love my copy. I suppose that impacted resell price, but would imagine that would not happen here, and most people who have Misery don’t really care as get the impression most want to keep them. I can’t speak for them of course, but that’s the impression I have.

In another, there was a renaming of a main character in one of my favourite King books.. who cares. It’s my favourite gaff as I don’t think anyone else has noticed that one. Only occurs the once in the book, but it got through the proof reads etc.
    Where is that gaff you were talking about, very curious?

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul,
    I can't check mine its still unopened, what do I do?
    Never-mind, I solved my problem... I just thru the whole fucking unopened box in the trash.

- Cook

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Jack Torrance's Dad in Doctor Sleep?

The worst I've read was the David J. Schow e-book of one of his collections. The protagonist's name changed three times on one page. One story just ended. An absurd number of random paragraph indentation. It was brutal. With a heavy heart, I reported the book to Amazon in hopes of the publisher reformatting the entire damn book.

This Suntup hiccup is just that and nothing that will affect the collectability and price.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post

"Bill Benbrough" comes to mind

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I thought I was the only one!! 😀

Sorry Paul, it’s not the right thread to bring that up, but illustrates my point.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As someone who has worked with a lot of documents, I can't overstate how difficult it is to get everything perfect. And your brain begins to shutdown once you have gone over and over something. Mistakes are made. Unfortunate, but not the end of the world. I often don't even check to see if a book is signed. MS Mod gave me a scare the other day when she said there have been situations in the past where someone discovered their King s/l was not even signed due to an oversight.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Paul,
    I can't check mine its still unopened, what do I do?
    Never-mind, I solved my problem... I just thru the whole fucking unopened box in the trash.

- Cook
    When is your garbage pickup?

<------------------Midnight run to Oregon to retrieve book from trash. Probably a 9 hour drive one way at 70 MPH.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I'm not sure that Paul has any issue to address with this binding error at all. Yes, it is a disappointment in an otherwise perfect book, but things like this do happen, as noted above. The error is uniform across every book. and it's not a "structural" kind of thing which will compromise the integrity of the book over time.

In my opinion, to try to correct this (e.g., offering a rebinding solution) is not only absolutely unnecessary, and prohibitive in cost, but it makes for a strange precedent (I can just see it now - customers returning their books to Cemetery Dance and asking them to correct the grammar on pages X and Y, and the protagonists name on page Z). It would also gives collectors' a dilemma (do I have the rebound or not rebound option), effectively making a two state of this book. Lastly, can you imagine how many more problems the rebinding of the book could potentially introduce (from the rebinding process itself, to all the potential blemishes or injuries that could occur with the extra handling, shipping of the books, etc).

So, I think this type of uniform error has to be seen in relative terms and is something collector's need to accept as part of this hobby of ours.

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I'm not sure that Paul has any issue to address with this binding error at all. Yes, it is a disappointment in an otherwise perfect book, but things like this do happen, as noted above. The error is uniform across every book. and it's not a "structural" kind of thing which will compromise the integrity of the book over time.

In my opinion, to try to correct this (e.g., offering a rebinding solution) is not only absolutely unnecessary, and prohibitive in cost, but it makes for a strange precedent (I can just see it now - customers returning their books to Cemetery Dance and asking them to correct the grammar on pages X and Y, and the protagonists name on page Z). It would also gives collectors' a dilemma (do I have the rebound or not rebound option), effectively making a two state of this book. Lastly, can you imagine how many more problems the rebinding of the book could potentially introduce (from the rebinding process itself, to all the potential blemishes or injuries that could occur with the extra handling, shipping of the books, etc).

So, I think this type of uniform error has to be seen in relative terms and is something collector's need to accept as part of this hobby of ours.
    What he said.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Totally agree. And I’d rather Suntup let this one be so they can focus on the next release! I would guess fixing this would push that back.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 645 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 220 620 ... LastLast