Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 471 of 645 FirstFirst ... 371 421 461 469 470 471 472 473 481 521 571 ... LastLast
Results 11,751 to 11,775 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    So will any remaining copies of the September title be distributed via another lottery? Or will there be... an auction??
    depends on how many are left after the pre-sale
    I'm thinking this was a reference to the expected title being announced in Sept
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    So will any remaining copies of the September title be distributed via another lottery? Or will there be... an auction??
    That's a bingo!

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    That's a bingo!
    yeah I realized that after I posted
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

What’s the general consensus for September’s release?

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    What’s the general consensus for September’s release?
    The Auctioneer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunslinger Apprentice GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough GypsyDRB will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amazed

I was intrigued with the alternative being discussed, “Let’s go play at the Adams”. Curious to know why someone thinks one versus the other.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Well, I just looked up The Auctioneer. It's the only book the author wrote. It was written 1n 1977 and seems to be considered a classic. I don't want to know too much about it, but those items seem to fit Paul's description. The Author of that other book, while that book just sounds mean, has written more than one book.

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

could be one of these for September, or could it be something else?
    I am going to ask my Books of Horror group maybe there is a title overlooked!

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Well, I just looked up The Auctioneer. It's the only book the author wrote. It was written 1n 1977 and seems to be considered a classic. I don't want to know too much about it, but those items seem to fit Paul's description. The Author of that other book, while that book just sounds mean, has written more than one book.
    Mendel Johnson only wrote one book. perhaps your thinking of Jack Ketchum, who wrote a novel titled 'The Girl Next Door" inspired by the true events that also insired Let's Go Play At the Adams'

the murder of Sylvia Likens, in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1965

but Mendel wrote one book, same as Joan Samson, Jack Ketchum wrote many great books, best of all Off Season.

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

anyone else make the connection that the last three announced suntup books all were either published in the 80's or take place in them?
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieElvis View Post
    Mendel Johnson only wrote one book. perhaps your thinking of Jack Ketchum, who wrote a novel titled 'The Girl Next Door" inspired by the true events that also insired Let's Go Play At the Adams'

but Mendel wrote one book, same as Joan Samson, Jack Ketchum wrote many great books, best of all Off Season.
    No, I wasn't thinking of Jack K. I looked up the author of that other book and I thought I saw more books by him.
    But I am probably wrong and mixed up the name somehow. Typical for me to make a mistake like that. But either
    book sounds like a winner so heads we win tails we win.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I wasn't thinking of Jack K. I looked up the author of that other book and I thought I saw more books by him.
    But I am probably wrong and mixed up the name somehow. Typical for me to make a mistake like that. But either
    book sounds like a winner so heads we win tails we win.
    no matter what it is, we win!
    I am spending a lot of energy obsesssed with Suntup books lately, I stared at a static screen for 20 minutes just in the hopes it was a sterogram with a hidden message and now my head aches

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Auctioneer is correct, i have no doubt about it. Joan Samson died five weeks after the release of it, it supposedly was one of the most chilling and bestselling books of the 1970's.
    I haven't read it yet but i will try to get my hands on it at september 19th, my birthday. Perhaps my girlfriend could gift it to me for it.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

I'm thinking that the announcement schedule would indicate 'The Auctioneer' more than 'Let's Go Play at the Adams' based on this bit - "signed by"... "artist who created the first trade edition dust jacket art, which is reproduced in this edition". The cover art of 'The Auctioneer' trade is a lot more interesting, imho, than '... Adams'. Looks like Wendell Minor is still working doing art for books.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably mentioned already but noticed a new paperback of The Auctioneer is being released on November 10th. Suggests there is activity going on in regards to the title. New paperback followed by a possible limited edition could help support the theory that it is The Auctioneer?

The publisher states it is a cross between The Lottery and Needful Things. Sounds like that could be right down Paul's Alley.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never have read either book and never knew of the case. Some very disturbing stuff there.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Paul, did you get the DM I sent you?

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

The Auctioneer is a great book. It's bleak and some what maddening. I wouldn't be surprised if was a book taught in college and high schools classes at some point. It is "saying something", I'm not sure what and it's a shame the author wasn't around long enough to explain or shed light on it. It's also a shame she's not around to see it's ressurgance which I believe Steve and Paperbacks from Hell has something to do with.
    If it is picked by Suntup I look forward to who writes the introduction.

The hardback has a fantastic cover, I hope they keep that in some way.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Never have read either book and never knew of the case. Some very disturbing stuff there.
    The Girl Next Door is disturbing enough that I figured Ketchum had taken extreme liberties with the story. I then researched the actual events and he was not taking liberties.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

could be one of these for September, or could it be something else?
    I am going to ask my Books of Horror group maybe there is a title overlooked!
    I recently read The Auctioneer when recomended by Bob Jackson. Enjoyed it quite a bit!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

:!:

Thank you Paul! (and once again, still looking for one of these with Whelan remarque!)(the print, not the folio ... although how awesome would that be)

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Just found out I was one of the lottery winners! (Not counting Brother) I've never owned a Suntup Numbered before. Also, I've never read Neuromancer.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Just found out I was one of the lottery winners! (Not counting Brother) I've never owned a Suntup Numbered before. Also, I've never read Neuromancer.

Now to decide if I want to sell it or not. Decisions, decisions....
    As a huge fan of Gibson's work, and this book in particular - I'd say read it first and then make a decision. Absolutely beautiful prose.

Or, if you don't want to commit to the whole book, read one of his short stories from the 'Burning Chrome' collection - they are generally contemporaneous with 'Neuromancer' and reflect his writing at that time - 'Burning Chrome', 'Johnny Mnemonic' and 'New Rose Hotel' are basically set in the same world as 'Neuromancer'. And 'Fragments of a Hologram Rose' & 'Winter Market' (my personal favorite) - are similar in style as well.

Edited to add: Both 'Johnny Mnemonic' and 'New Rose Hotel' were made into movies that don't represent the original work in any significant way. That said, even in failure they both have interesting bits in them. 'Burning Chrome' was adapted as a stage play that I saw in Chicago some years back - which, was more like a dramatic reading but still worth the price of admission.

If you can track it down, 'No Maps for These Territories' is great little interview/documentary that provides some insight into the author.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not cool to celebrate your good luck, and contemplate selling in the same post. Bad mojo.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not cool to celebrate your good luck, and contemplate selling in the same post. Bad mojo.
    Yeah, I thought of that right after I posted. I wasn't trying to be dick or anything.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

+ Reply to Thread
Page 471 of 645 FirstFirst ... 371 421 461 469 470 471 472 473 481 521 571 ... LastLast