Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 468 of 645 FirstFirst ... 368 418 458 466 467 468 469 470 478 518 568 ... LastLast
Results 11,676 to 11,700 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxus35 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    Again, thank you Paul! I can't believe i won, and the grand prize. Absolutely awesome!

I'm off the charts right now, in a dreamlike state. I just realized there will be only one of this rebound lettered edition.

It's like the holy grail, i just can't believe it. Surreal.
    Congrats!

Curious if you're familiar with Latin? By the time I noticed the underlined letters it was a few hours in and the letter distribution didn't strike me as English - so was going at it more as a code than a scramble. Hadn't occurred to me it might be another language and I was also trying to marry it to the binary encoded letters to boot.

Really fun contest!
    I posted this just now on facebook, i'll post it here as an answer to your question. Ps; i'm not familair with Latin, but i did hear the saying multiple times in my life.

"
    Yeah, i first thought it had something to do with ZY in it but i just figured that can't be right and that easy. So i went back on it and noticed the underlined letters and scribbled them down on a paper. And combined the letters multiple times and eventually stumbled upon "Ad astra" and thought; hey, i know this and wrote ; Ad Astra Per Aspera" down. Checked and numbered the letters to compare it and just submitted it without any question."
    Where did you get the D? There was no underlined D.

Next to lines U14 - U15

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Again, thank you Paul! I can't believe i won, and the grand prize. Absolutely awesome!

I'm off the charts right now, in a dreamlike state. I just realized there will be only one of this rebound lettered edition.

Congrats!

Curious if you're familiar with Latin? By the time I noticed the underlined letters it was a few hours in and the letter distribution didn't strike me as English - so was going at it more as a code than a scramble. Hadn't occurred to me it might be another language and I was also trying to marry it to the binary encoded letters to boot.

Really fun contest!
    I posted this just now on facebook, i'll post it here as an answer to your question. Ps; i'm not familair with Latin, but i did hear the saying multiple times in my life.

"
    Yeah, i first thought it had something to do with ZY in it but i just figured that can't be right and that easy. So i went back on it and noticed the underlined letters and scribbled them down on a paper. And combined the letters multiple times and eventually stumbled upon "Ad astra" and thought; hey, i know this and wrote ; Ad Astra Per Aspera" down. Checked and numbered the letters to compare it and just submitted it without any question."
    It was there, just can't find the original high res picture of Suntup's picture.

I do have my scribbling though.

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Black Miau View Post

Congrats!

Really fun contest!

"

Next to lines U14 - U15
    Ah there it is. Thanks for pointing that out.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, congrats to the winners! And those are some sweet and well-deserved prizes!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

A real big congrats for winning the grand prize. Really, I am glad you won.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congrats, and well deserved! And all credit to Paul for the fun contest (and generous prizes).

(Can I just say that I'm *amazed* that the switch settings happened to correspond to letters in ASCII, given that they weren't part of the answer. A delightful red herring).

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to the winners! Haven't had chance to post as today has been rather busy. Thank you everyone for taking part in the contest!

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post

A real big congrats for winning the grand prize. Really, I am glad you won.
    Thanks Mike, i appreciate it! 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

Congrats, and well deserved! And all credit to Paul for the fun contest (and generous prizes).

(Can I just say that I'm *amazed* that the switch settings happened to correspond to letters in ASCII, given that they weren't part of the answer. A delightful red herring).

HBJ
    Thank you HBJ, i honestly wasn't expecting to win anything when i woke up this morning. This made my year, i mean i never owned a lettered before this. So this is just AMAZING for me.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congratulations to the winners! Haven't had chance to post as today has been rather busy. Thank you everyone for taking part in the contest!
    Thanks so much Paul, i really thought : "ooo man, i have to wait until october to find out if my answer's correct. "

But wow, you just gifted me an awesome edition of which i thought i would never, ever, own one. But to have two unique editions (lettered & rebound) combined in one extraordinary edition just rocks my world. 😎
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I submitted at a similar time to Twan, and listening to Paul, was thinking, it’s me, it’s me.

I’d taken the letters underlined and made out “red star appears” with a spare A.

"Red Star, Winter Orbit" is a short story by Gibson, and entered saying this is included as extra in the book.

Lol, not as profound and inspiring as Paul’s message, but for a minute my heart was racing.

Big hearty congrats to the winners, what a fantastic set of prizes Paul.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Only 53 numbered and 6 lettered remain! I can’t believe any lettered will be available for a lottery, it’s just so awesome of a design. I haven’t even read it and I’ll put in for a chance to buy one if there’s any left.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow, At about 10:00 am EST there were 61 left of the numbered and maybe 9 lettered. These are going so fast. It's amazing.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Fahrenheit 451 AGE will be shipping on Ray Bradbury’s birthday.

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Only 53 numbered and 6 lettered remain! I can’t believe any lettered will be available for a lottery, it’s just so awesome of a design. I haven’t even read it and I’ll put in for a chance to buy one if there’s any left.
    I'll definitely being putting in for the lettered lottery as well, if there is one. Really like how the numbered follows the overall theme of the lettered, only with different materials.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

AWESOME!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Wow, At about 10:00 am EST there were 61 left of the numbered and maybe 9 lettered. These are going so fast. It's amazing.
    Pretty crazy isn't it, Mike. Outside of Misery; remember the time when we had days to decide on a purchase? When Horns sold out in 6 hours, I was like, man yes!, one of my all time favorite books will hold the record! And it hung in there through several more releases. Long gone are those days and we outsiders can only hope to jump back on with a shot at the lottery. Will be interesting to see if that's the case once the print run goes up for the numbered. The demand is oblivious there.

Wonders if this is truly a consequence
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to the winners!

I looked like a crazy person on my lunch break yesterday, unscrambling as many words as I could. I was convinced PAPER was part of the answer at the time.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

These Easter egg contests are fun! Other publishers should do stuff like this.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to the smart, savvy winners !!

Briefly looking at the circuit board, and working with circuit boards every day, I noticed the underlined letters in the component numbering. I didn’t recall ever seeing that before, but there were too many underlined A to make a word, so I went back to the dip switches, like so many others. Binary translation to alpha gave you the phrase with the extra letter at the end. Using a different translation protocol, that translated to a question mark. Couldn’t believe that was random, and frankly only had a few minutes to play with it while waiting for a co-worker, so that was the answer I submitted.
    One funny note and I’ll shut up, in the book I am currently reading, one of the chapters I read two days ago was titled “Sic Itur ad Astra”. Should have remembered that phrase.

Another excellent, deeply personal, brain expanding contest by our beloved Paul.
    Thank you for including us in this incredible journey you are on.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Huge congrats, Twan! Looking forward to seeing this beauty.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    These Easter egg contests are fun! Other publishers should do stuff like this.
    Thornwillow has done a few - for their 'Sherlock Holmes Hexology' and 'Death on the Nile' releases and one for their upcoming 'Edgar Allen Poe: Tales, Mysteries and Contrivances' volume. The Poe one is still in flight - only 1 person has solved it. I've been banging my head on it since April - just can't solve the last clue.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

He's sending it to me for a proper unboxing.

My Mood
    Cool

Yes it is Brian. These sell out so fast now. I think upping the number to 350 will help a bit. But it is amazing. That's why I am never stopping.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

He's sending it to me for a proper unboxing.
    As only one should! Of course, the men in white coats would soon follow once you realized you couldn't keep it

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thornwillow has done a few - for their 'Sherlock Holmes Hexology' and 'Death on the Nile' releases...
    Did you happen to pick up the hexalogy? I don't have it, but those editions looked quite nice.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Thornwillow has done a few - for their 'Sherlock Holmes Hexology' and 'Death on the Nile' releases...
    Did you happen to pick up the hexalogy? I don't have it, but those editions looked quite nice.
    Yes - it's a nice edition - though maybe not my favorite binding from Thornwillow. The printing and story selection are generally appealing. I understanding picking 'The Empty House' to go along with 'The Final Problem', but wish they'd included 'A Study in Scarlet instead.

Since you mentioned it, I'd add that half-leather editions of Sherlock Holmes Hexology are on offer as the 2nd/3rd place prizes for the current Poe themed contest. Not sure if the contest is open only to backers of the current volume or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 468 of 645 FirstFirst ... 368 418 458 466 467 468 469 470 478 518 568 ... LastLast