Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 446 of 645 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 444 445 446 447 448 456 496 546 ... LastLast
Results 11,126 to 11,150 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    These production updates are coming fast and furious and I can only suspect that Paul is trying to kill me.
    This is a real question, that have crossed my mind several times : if I am not mistaken, it seems like there is an announcement planned for every month.

No matter how much we love Paul and his work, if someone wanted to get each Suntup book, at the budget of the "Let the right one in" that represents a (12x2.5k) 30k budget for lettered and about 7k for numbered (12x575)

Are there really a lot of people that can afford that, annually?
    Can customers keep up at that pace?
    Isn't there a risk to create customer fatigue? Or not really because people that buy expensive books are not the average citizens already, and Suntup already has a huge customer base / waiting list?
    I certainly think the market is more than big enough to sustain the frequency of release. Books are pre sold out within 2 days of announcement and Paul currently has to do a lottery to cope with the demand for the rest. Will they always be sold to the same people? I think not. Currently the numbers of both Lettered and Numbered that have bought everything is around 30%, however repeat customer purchases are waaay higher.

Right now it pays to keep buying as supply and demand mean you are unlikely to lose money on your purchase and some people are buying and selling, just to stay on the matched designation train.

As time goes on, I think people will be worried less about "keeping a number" and focus on specific titles.

"Are there really a lot of people that can afford that, annually?" - I think there are a few, yes.
    The market can MORE THAN bare this. Not only Does Suntup sell out.. Look at Lyra... look at titles from Subpress, Centipede,etc... The market is more vast than Suntup and what is coming out from them. With a waiting list as long as Paul has? Always someone to take the place of someone who decides to stop moving forward with them...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These production updates are coming fast and furious and I can only suspect that Paul is trying to kill me.
    This is a real question, that have crossed my mind several times : if I am not mistaken, it seems like there is an announcement planned for every month.

No matter how much we love Paul and his work, if someone wanted to get each Suntup book, at the budget of the "Let the right one in" that represents a (12x2.5k) 30k budget for lettered and about 7k for numbered (12x575)

Isn't there a risk to create customer fatigue? Or not really because people that buy expensive books are not the average citizens already, and Suntup already has a huge customer base / waiting list?
    I still believe that eventually, and I'm not making any guesses as to when, Suntup will start to look like a "normal" press, with a more even combination of (a) customers who buy every book, (b) customers who buy some/many books, and (c) customers who buy the occasional book. Right now it's very heavily tilted toward group (a). And also right now, demand is so high that as soon as anyone "gives up" their number there are more than enough people waiting to take it over and buy every book they can. That's how we get into a situation where, out of a run of 250 copies, we have less than 20 that are not claimed by previous customers. That's >90% retention, and that's nuts!! Things like increasing print runs to 350 occasionally will speed this along. I'm not saying at all that one model is better or worse, for either Paul or the customers! But I think eventually we'll get to a point where we still see sellouts for most titles, but the buyers become a more diverse lot. People who don't (can't) buy every book, but are able to snag the books they want, mixed with folks who still get every release, mixed with folks who only buy a rare title here and there.

EDIT: I agree with Kris that the market is definitely there! And strong. I also agree with Simon because it dovetails nicely with my point - I do think in the future people will be less concerned with matching numbers (as trying to build a complete matching set becomes harder and harder with every new release) and will focus instead on just trying to secure the titles they want the most.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

I certainly think the market is more than big enough to sustain the frequency of release. Books are pre sold out within 2 days of announcement and Paul currently has to do a lottery to cope with the demand for the rest. Will they always be sold to the same people? I think not. Currently the numbers of both Lettered and Numbered that have bought everything is around 30%, however repeat customer purchases are waaay higher.

Right now it pays to keep buying as supply and demand mean you are unlikely to lose money on your purchase and some people are buying and selling, just to stay on the matched designation train.

As time goes on, I think people will be worried less about "keeping a number" and focus on specific titles.

"Are there really a lot of people that can afford that, annually?" - I think there are a few, yes.
    The market can MORE THAN bare this. Not only Does Suntup sell out.. Look at Lyra... look at titles from Subpress, Centipede,etc... The market is more vast than Suntup and what is coming out from them. With a waiting list as long as Paul has? Always someone to take the place of someone who decides to stop moving forward with them...
    I could be wrong, but I dont think that Cemetery Dance, PS Publishing, Subterranean, Gauntlet, Centipede, Charnel House etc release as many limited on a yearly basis? I certainly don't see an announcement every month

Otherwise, I agree with the customer base and waiting list
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

What I am afraid of is that I will say one month, "nah, I don't want that one'" and I lose my number. Then the book after that I say "yea, that one is awesome!!!" But since I said no to the previous one, I would have to wait for the public pre-order and I just know I won't be fast enough to get it. As long as the prices are around "Let the right one on", or even lower, then I should be good to go. But if Paul has 2-3 books in a row that are $600-$700, that would be tough. This is not a complaint or me whining. I just don't want to miss any other books. So I am staying on as long as possibly can.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I could be wrong, but I dont think that Cemetery Dance, PS Publishing, Subterranean, Gauntlet, Centipede, Charnel House etc release as many limited on a yearly basis? I certainly don't see an announcement every month

Just speaking of CD, Subterranean and Centipede. They announce/publish many more than one book a month. I have at least 14 pre-order books from Subterranean so far for 2020, Centipede has announced 10 so far this year, and I bought 10 books from CD in 2019 and I don't buy even close to every title they announce. So I think Suntup actually announces far less books than these three.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I don't know about the others, but I am pretty sure CP has a news letter every week that that they announce books in. Like I said before, I just want to be able to stay with Suntup and maybe branch out a bit.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Just speaking of CD, Subterranean and Centipede. They announce/publish many more than one book a month. I have at least 14 pre-order books from Subterranean so far for 2020, Centipede has announced 10 so far this year, and I bought 10 books from CD in 2019 and I don't buy even close to every title they announce. So I think Suntup actually announces far less books than these three.
    This is exactly right. There is a misconception out there that we announce more books in a year than other publishers in this market. As Rebecca correctly points out, we do not. But don't worry, if 12 a year isn't enough, we're going to be doing 24 next year!

Spoiler:
    Kidding!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

This is exactly right. There is a misconception out there that we announce more books in a year than other publishers in this market. As Rebecca correctly points out, we do not. But don't worry, if 12 a year isn't enough, we're going to be doing 24 next year!

Spoiler:
    Kidding!
    As a lifetimer I approve of this message.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah very few people buy every book a publisher produces. Sooner or later long time Suntup customers will have to step off. And step back on where possible. Or sell some editions in order to maintain their number for those must-haves.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah very few people buy every book a publisher produces. Sooner or later long time Suntup customers will have to step off. And step back on where possible. Or sell some editions in order to maintain their number for those must-haves.
    Some will keep going. They have the disposable income, love the product... why not?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35 is a name known to all Noxus35's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Kidding!
    As a lifetimer I approve of this message.
    Lol!

A biweekly release is upon us.
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Some will keep going. They have the disposable income, love the product... why not?
    Oh for sure! And for every person who can't or doesn't want to maintain, there will be a few more wanting to step in. I think Paul can maintain the current output when it comes to selling out editions. Just as long as he doesn't grind himself to a nub.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had to jump off due to a Covid layoff with no clue when I might return to work. Thankfully I returned sooner than later but it cost me a very nice copy of LTROI as I had to enter the lottery and I'm not going to pay aftermarket prices. I was selling off the copies I wasn't favorable of to get the books I wanted and to stay on track. Even with the increase to 350, I believe the days are gone when you can pick and choose which books you want without entering into a lottery. It's best to stay on board if you can and sell the titles you don't want. Those of you that hang on to every title are in a whole different league.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One book per month is not much. I could buy everything Suntup publishes, but I only buy the titles that I like and I'm fine with that. All limited editions are the same with a different numbering, I have decided not to give it much importance to the number, because it is only a small mark on the paper. I know that in the future I will not have to worry about obtaining a title because the limitation will be 350 copies. The Suntup books are beautiful, and I understand the effect it has in the mass of collectors.

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

I don’t do the lettered editions (kids are expensive, yo), but I intend to stay on the numbered train. I typically buy based on author, but Suntup books are so gorgeous that they are the only ones I buy purely based on the publisher.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Kidding!
    Good to know, it must have been my misconception indeed !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all Splync is a name known to all

Country
    Country Flag

I think the misconception comes from the spectacle of new Suntup releases. There are plenty of CD, Sub Press, and Centipede titles announced throughout the year, but they don't have the same widespread excitement as when a new Suntup is announced.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Splync View Post
    I think the misconception comes from the spectacle of new Suntup releases. There are plenty of CD, Sub Press, and Centipede titles announced throughout the year, but they don't have the same widespread excitement as when a new Suntup is announced.
    Yep! Most of the announcements from SubPress are just tossed in their email newsletters. And there are a lot of them. Same with Centipede Press. He announces new books in his Sunday email and they're usually books that people have seen coming for a while because of his straightforward website. (Looking at it, BTW, Jerad released 17 books in 2019, 20 books in 2018, and 28 in 2017.) But no one else creates such events around each release.

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I missed it, but has anyone shared what the final limitation ended up being for Oskar's Cube paperweight?

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

can someone post the link where they give the clues to the upcoming books. I can never seem to find it
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Gunslinger Apprentice NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM has a spectacular aura about NiceM's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    can someone post the link where they give the clues to the upcoming books. I can never seem to find it
    Its under "news" and blog post "announcement schedule"
    Looking for SubPress Lettered:Farseer Trilogy; Shadow of the Wind, Angel's Game, Prisoner of Heaven
    Looking for Centipede Press S/L: Dracula

Gunslinger Apprentice BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about BadHatHarry has a spectacular aura about

Did anything ever come of potential work on Calvin & Hobbes, or did Watterson not respond?

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NiceM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by burgerhicks80 View Post
    Its under "news" and blog post "announcement schedule"
    thank you!
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I missed it, but has anyone shared what the final limitation ended up being for Oskar's Cube paperweight?
    The (now closed) order page for it states that there are 145 paperweights.

I can't find the order pages for the old paperweights and I do not remember their limitations, so I'm not sure how this stacks up.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    The (now closed) order page for it states that there are 145 paperweights.

I can't find the order pages for the old paperweights and I do not remember their limitations, so I'm not sure how this stacks up.
    Ah so maybe 205 were sold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 446 of 645 FirstFirst ... 346 396 436 444 445 446 447 448 456 496 546 ... LastLast