Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 537 of 645 FirstFirst ... 37 437 487 527 535 536 537 538 539 547 587 637 ... LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,425 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What's FOMO?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raenas View Post
    The faster it sells, the more people will want it and have FOMO. It is self-propelling. Speed of sellout is an indicator of desirability (which is an indicator of quality) to customers, so people attach ex ante higher utility to faster selling goods. If Paul makes books long enough, we can maybe achieve an acceleration that we can use to drive a spaceship to Mars. Hence, the progress and future of humanity hinges on Suntup Editions. Probably not what Paul wished for when he started the press, but to shrug off this responsibility now would be nothing but irresponsible.
    FOMO is a bubble that will eventually burst IMO
    When? The market has done nothing but grow since the day he released his first book. I see zero signs of slowing down on the desire for his product. And these books reach a plateau then stay there... it seems so I wonder if this 'bubble" is one that is "burst-able". Of course time will tell...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The faster it sells, the more people will want it and have FOMO. It is self-propelling. Speed of sellout is an indicator of desirability (which is an indicator of quality) to customers, so people attach ex ante higher utility to faster selling goods. If Paul makes books long enough, we can maybe achieve an acceleration that we can use to drive a spaceship to Mars. Hence, the progress and future of humanity hinges on Suntup Editions. Probably not what Paul wished for when he started the press, but to shrug off this responsibility now would be nothing but irresponsible.
    When? The market has done nothing but grow since the day he released his first book. I see zero signs of slowing down on the desire for his product. And these books reach a plateau then stay there... it seems so I wonder if this 'bubble" is one that is "burst-able". Of course time will tell...
    I've been amazed at how much the popularity seems to have jumped in just the last few months! Feels like more and more people are finding out about Suntup.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    What's FOMO?
    FOMO=Fear Of Missing Out

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

John F. Kennedy Raenas will become famous soon enough Raenas will become famous soon enough

Seriously speaking, I don't think we are at FOMO phase. All I see is more and more of the total addressable market being tapped by conversion of latent customers who were unaware of the brand before. For example, when SotL was posted on the Folio Society FB group, resulting in a flood to the Suntup group, and these people also ordered older books not just SotL and snapped up quite a few some from secondary market. All they had to do is to learn about Suntup Editions, and there was no way back. That's not FOMO, just new customers.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

After waiting to get home when SOTL AGE came out to order and missing out and that edition, I figured I would look in earlier today for the Exorcist on my phone. Almost forgot! Around 1:30ish EST I remembered.
    Got to the order page and their where 18 left. I put in for two copies but when I went to pay it said I was over the limit.
    Crap! I went back to the order page, and changed it back to one copy went to pay and got a order confirmation.
    Went back to the order page to see how many where left, and for a half a second I saw 18 copies and the screen changed to
    Out of print. I wonder if I got the last one! At the bottom of the bottle, with all the saliva.
    All well wasn’t the first time, and probably won’t be the last. At least I got one.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seriously speaking, I don't think we are at FOMO phase. All I see is more and more of the total addressable market being tapped by conversion of latent customers who were unaware of the brand before. For example, when SotL was posted on the Folio Society FB group, resulting in a flood to the Suntup group, and these people also ordered older books not just SotL and snapped up quite a few some from secondary market. All they had to do is to learn about Suntup Editions, and there was no way back. That's not FOMO, just new customers.
    Agreed... this is a LOT of new blood. People that never heard of Suntup before!! I think Jeff and I let in over 200 so far this year (2021)! AND they love what they are seeing. I mean a 1000 artist editions today sold out in one hour.... @ $150 each!!! That to me... is unreal. Im so happy for my friend.. he deserves this success and more. He freakin earned it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to disagree, as a former passenger on the train, I bought several books I really had no knowledge of just based on hype in this thread, and fear of missing opportunity to buy a book I wanted in the future(Like SotL and any future H.G. Wells).

Brother and the Road were 100% FOMO buys for me. Rosemary's Baby, I am Legend, F451 were 50% curiosity, 50% FOMO.
    Most of the others (other then Misery and Horns), I probably would not have bought if from another publisher.

Since dropping off (at the Bibliomysteries stop), the only one I regret missing is SotL.

Many others in this thread have stated (or implied) they are staying on the train in order to get a book they want in the future, I think that falls under FOMO to me.

I don't think it will bust per-se, other then eventually there might be a day where numbered copies are available on day 2, without a lottery. (I mean do you think The world doesn't End would have lasted as long as it has if it held rights?)
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

I'll be curious to read Friedkin's introduction for 'The Exorcist'. Somewhat OT here, is an interesting bit from Friedkin's liner notes for the 'Sorcerer' soundtrack.

"Sorcerer is my favorite of the films I've directed. It also played a part in destroying my career, which was on the upswing after The French Connection and The Exorcist."

If you haven't seen 'Sorcerer', both it and 'The Wages of Fear' (which inspired it) are worth a watch.
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
    After waiting to get home when SOTL AGE came out to order and missing out and that edition, I figured I would look in earlier today for the Exorcist on my phone. Almost forgot! Around 1:30ish EST I remembered.
    Got to the order page and their where 18 left. I put in for two copies but when I went to pay it said I was over the limit.
    Crap! I went back to the order page, and changed it back to one copy went to pay and got a order confirmation.
    Went back to the order page to see how many where left, and for a half a second I saw 18 copies and the screen changed to
    Out of print. I wonder if I got the last one! At the bottom of the bottle, with all the saliva.
    All well wasn’t the first time, and probably won’t be the last. At least I got one.
    Glad to hear you got it.

But I don't think it is time for people to panic if they missed out. I am sure there were will be others you can preorder from at issue price, such as Lividian.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not on the regular Suntup train, only the Stephen King one. I was going to get an AE of The Exorcist because it's a personal classic however as I was in someone's mouth at the time(for those that don't know I work in the dental field not the red light district) and boom! Gone! I know other small press publishers will get some in so will look out for those. I think it's fantastic people have discovered Suntup and it's become an amazing success!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post

I have to disagree, as a former passenger on the train, I bought several books I really had no knowledge of just based on hype in this thread, and fear of missing opportunity to buy a book I wanted in the future(Like SotL and any future H.G. Wells).

Brother and the Road were 100% FOMO buys for me. Rosemary's Baby, I am Legend, F451 were 50% curiosity, 50% FOMO.
    Most of the others (other then Misery and Horns), I probably would not have bought if from another publisher.

Since dropping off (at the Bibliomysteries stop), the only one I regret missing is SotL.

Many others in this thread have stated (or implied) they are staying on the train in order to get a book they want in the future, I think that falls under FOMO to me.

I don't think it will bust per-se, other then eventually there might be a day where numbered copies are available on day 2, without a lottery. (I mean do you think The world doesn't End would have lasted as long as it has if it held rights?)
    No you are right.. it would be gone. But rights are here to stay. NO customer (or Paul for that matter) would not want them. Thus, the sellout will always happen.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No you are right.. it would be gone. But rights are here to stay. NO customer (or Paul for that matter) would not want them. Thus, the sellout will always happen.
    Not saying that rights are a bad thing (not saying they aren't either), just saying that the rights, indirectly leads to FOMO. I don't think FOMO necessarily says anything about whether it (anything, not just books) will or won't sell out, just that there is the likelihood that it will be bought by someone who is either speculating or trying to hold onto their number, but are not necessarily interested in the book (or any collectible limited item).
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I am trying to stay on so I can say I have a complete set of something (non-Misery track).

Country
    Country Flag

Not saying that rights are a bad thing (not saying they aren't either), just saying that the rights, indirectly leads to FOMO. I don't think FOMO necessarily says anything about whether it (anything, not just books) will or won't sell out, just that there is the likelihood that it will be bought by someone who is either speculating or trying to hold onto their number, but are not necessarily interested in the book (or any collectible limited item).
    Can’t argue with that... but I will say the list of people waiting in the wind is vast... and that list keeps growing.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    What's FOMO?
    Fear of Missing Out
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    (for those that don't know I work in the dental field not the red light district)
    this gave me quite the chuckle
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not on the regular Suntup train, only the Stephen King one. I was going to get an AE of The Exorcist because it's a personal classic however as I was in someone's mouth at the time(for those that don't know I work in the dental field not the red light district) and boom! Gone! I know other small press publishers will get some in so will look out for those. I think it's fantastic people have discovered Suntup and it's become an amazing success!
    I would keep an eye out with Lividian or Kim @ Camelot - can't remember what other sites have had these...subpress usually gets a stack as well (heck Bill just listed Fahrenheit 451 AE just the other day) - so thats at least 3 sites that typically carry the AE

https://subterraneanpress.com/all-bo...fahrenheit-451

but they won't last long at either place
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about JGeis has a spectacular aura about

Dark Regions Press usually has the AGE’s for sale as well.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I would keep an eye out with Lividian or Kim @ Camelot - can't remember what other sites have had these...subpress usually gets a stack as well (heck Bill just listed Fahrenheit 451 AE just the other day) - so thats at least 3 sites that typically carry the AE

Camelot's are spoken for, I tried.

Country
    Country Flag

I have one you can have for cost I only got one BUT I read them and usually give them to members in the Fan group that cannot afford them BUT I already read this one and thus you can have it then Kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about burgerhicks80 has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    I'll be curious to read Friedkin's introduction for 'The Exorcist'. Somewhat OT here, is an interesting bit from Friedkin's liner notes for the 'Sorcerer' soundtrack.

"Sorcerer is my favorite of the films I've directed. It also played a part in destroying my career, which was on the upswing after The French Connection and The Exorcist."

If you haven't seen 'Sorcerer', both it and 'The Wages of Fear' (which inspired it) are worth a watch.
    Sorcerer has been on my TWL for awhile now.
    ISO DT I-IV #101, rage,Suntup Press Horns, Rosemary's Baby and The Road w/designation #239

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

I have one you can have for cost I only got one BUT I read them and usually give them to members in the Fan group that cannot afford them BUT I already read this one and thus you can have it then Kris
    Thank you both for the info and thank you for the offer Kris!
    A member reached out yesterday and hooked me up with one.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Great movie!
    The devil made him do it!

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 537 of 645 FirstFirst ... 37 437 487 527 535 536 537 538 539 547 587 637 ... LastLast