Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauntlet Press - The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile scripts

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Gauntlet Press - The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile scripts

From today's email newsetter:

PUBLISHERS MESSAGE

We are pleased to announce we will be publishing Frank Darabont’s scripts for the The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile in a single volume in 2018. These two films are considered among the finest adaptions of Stephen King’s work. Darabont will be signing all copies and we have loads of bonus material for each film.

We are looking for someone to edit the book for us. We have most of the material we need (Darabont has an artist he wants to do the cover art, so that’s covered, as well). What we need is someone to contact and conduct short interviews with actors who participated in the films and those who were influenced by the films (those interviewed would also sign the tipsheets for the lettered edition). We’re talking about some big names: Morgan Freeman, Tim Robbins, Tom Hanks, William Sadler (who was in both films), Paula Malcolmson and Gary Sinise to name just a few.

Please don’t apply for this position unless you are confident you can get in touch with the actors mentioned above, as well as others who appeared in or were influenced by the films. You will also be in contact with Frank Darabont to gather material.

Interested? Send in your best pitch why you are best suited for the job of editor of this book to info@gauntletpress.com by February 20th and in the subject mention “Editor for Shawshank Redemption & Green Mile."

Besides having your name on the book as editor we will pay in a combination of cash, Gauntlet Press books and copies of this book. Feel free to contact us for additional information.

Until next time,

Barry Hoffman
    Publisher, Gauntlet Press

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you all take this as Barry has no way to contact the actors? And is hopeful someone out there can? This sounds like a wish....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure. There was a similar email last year about the Neil Gaiman Dr Who novella. Maybe he just doesn't have time to work on each project himself.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well for what it's worth he did a pretty good job getting everyone together for the Taxi manuscript, including getting Scorsese's and DeNiro's signature for the lettered edition. I trust Barry on this, I really do.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think he's just busy. I did some legwork for him last year making phone calls and sending emails to authors and agents.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I passed this on to someone who has most of the contacts already and would probably do a good job with this project.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^ A promising lead already!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to see this come together. I would be very interested in this.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I opted in for the Taxi Driver lettered because of the already obtained signatures of Scorsese and DeNiro. He's got a great editor on that who's also confident of getting Keitel and Foster (currently in discussion). I messaged Barry a few hours ago re this project and asked him if King's signature is planned... We'll see.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I really wish I could have afforded the Taxi Driver screenplay but alas, at the asking price, it was not in the cards for me .

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know someone who could...should do it.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Excited for this one. Darabont did a great job with these adaptations(wish they had thrown The Mist in as well)and I hope this comes to fruition!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Per Barry Hoffman at Gauntlet Press:

"...but I've found my editor. He's Tyson Blue who worked on The Green Mile, has a good deal of bonus material for the book and has worked directly with Darabont. Seems a perfect choice for what I need."

Thoughts?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

...but I've found my editor. He's Tyson Blue who worked on The Green Mile, has a good deal of bonus material for the book and has worked directly with Darabont. Seems a perfect choice for what I need."

Thoughts?
    I personally don't know why the gig was open to the collecting public in the first place. It was obvious from the off, that this job required someone deeply connected to the movie industry. Not only a professional journalist, but someone experienced in dealing with A-list movie stars, their agents and respective press officers.

Appointing an industry insider to the role is not surprising, but considering the open invitation for us "mortals" to apply for the position - it feels somewhat of a let down.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

"...but I've found my editor. He's Tyson Blue who worked on The Green Mile, has a good deal of bonus material for the book and has worked directly with Darabont. Seems a perfect choice for what I need."

Thoughts?

That's the guy I recommended for the gig. I knew he'd spent a lot of time on the GM set and had tons of material that has never seen the light of day.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really could care less about this to be honest.....

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

That was insightful (although I did ask for thoughts).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

That was insightful (although I did ask for thoughts).
    Sorry just doesn't interest me.... and I bet king will not sign so meh.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Has King ever signed a Limited Edition script?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...let+-+Lettered

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The closest to a published signed script is the lettered Riding the Bullet 1/52 copies (King signed on the short story side & Garris on the script side.Garris also signed 500 numbered copies.)

Now if you want a TRULY limited signed King script 1/1....
    Spoiler:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Thank you RF and Bruce. Seems unlikely King would sign this but he has surprised me before so here's hoping!

As Darabont wrote both screenplays I see no reason for King to sign unless he will do the introduction. In either case King will still have never signed a S/L King script.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here again the script is by Richard Christian Matherson based on a story by King so not a signed Stephen King script.

Spoiler:

Un-filmed Stephen King "CUJO" (un-dated assume 1982) screenplay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast