Default Contest #4 - Vote Now!!!

Here are the entries for contest #4

Randall Flagg:

R_of_G:

Mike Beck:

Letti:

Candice Dionysus:

Darkthoughts:

Last edited by Randall Flagg; 01-08-2012 at 12:49 PM.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, thought I'd get first vote.

Everyone did great work, but Letti's touches me to the soul.

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They are all great so it was hard to choose but in the end I went for R_of_G's drawing. Is there a prize for the winner?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the winner gets a funky black wristband with "Hile Gunslinger!" and "The darktower.com" on it - plus their illustration is attached to the relevant article in the Towerpedia

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I voted for Lisa's because (a) I don't believe in voting for myself, and (b) I liked the approach she took with laying them out the way they are and having the light come through the back. I do like all of the entries and am proud to be in this contest with all of you.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this one is going to be another close race. Yay!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I voted for Jayson's.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

They are all very cool representations (again!), but i had to go with Lisa's. I love it. And I love the texture of the balls with the light coming through. Very cool idea, and I dig it.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved them all. I wish that I was blessed with artistic talent.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for myself-only because I was afraid I would receive no votes, and because, I think one has to believe in themselves a bit.
    Nonetheless, all other representations are FAR FAR better than mine, in particular because all 13 balls are pictured.
    All of the renditions are excellent, and as I understand it to be-the Wiki will have a chosen image as well as a link to all submissions.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure yet but my vote will be for either Mike Beck or R_of_G. Everyone's pictures are great though! Thanks for contributing!

Ok, I went with R_of_G. Mike, you already have so many!
    Last edited by MonteGss; 02-08-2008 at 04:59 PM. Reason: vote

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Mike, because he represented all 13 clearly and I generally loved the composition - and I like the cleaness (is that a word?) of the image, and the detail in each ball.

RF - I loved yours mostly because I'd like to own it (I was going to put "I'd like to own your black ball!" but the connotations were slightly pervy )

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I chose Letti.

I had always pictured it as black, dark, yet glowing eyeball when awake.

"The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine went to Mike Beck. It would look so great in the Towerpedia.
    Anyway it was really hard to choose. It took me awhile to choose between Jerome's and Mike's.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a link on the main wiki page for that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I voted for myself-only because I was afraid I would receive no votes, and because, I think one has to believe in themselves a bit.
    Nonetheless, all other representations are FAR FAR better than mine, in particular because all 13 balls are pictured.
    All of the renditions are excellent, and as I understand it to be-the Wiki will have a chosen image as well as a link to all submissions.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Remind me to tell Matt to give you a raise.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved them all. They were all very well done. But mike got my vote. For some reason, I was just more drwn to it.

Traveler Dan Dinh is on a distinguished road Dan Dinh's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They are all good but my favourite is Darkthoughts

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Me personally...or just the picture?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Me personally...or just the picture?
    You personally.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, the picture is great, but it can't compare to you.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Dang! So many good choices.

I finally had to vote for Mike Beck's because it captured the feeling of being swept up in a whirlwind a la W&G's description of being sucked into the pink ball.

<---wishes she could draw a straight line without a ruler
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't want to complain, but my name is spelt wrong. There's only one a at the beginning, the second one is supposed to be an i.
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast