Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For every virgin there is the first time, and this is my virginal first time........

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default For every virgin there is the first time, and this is my virginal first time........

You stand in front of a door with the letter W.

Upon opening, you see a

Crescent Moon,
    a Sears Roebuck Catalog hanging on the wall,
    and an unknown nameless man.

You stand in front of a door with the letter H.

Upon opening, you see a

A coffee grinder,
    dogs and cats in cages,
    and a building housing woodworking tools.

You stand in front of a door with the letter O.

Upon opening, you see

A bathroom scale,
    2000 British currency notes,
    and a car going 100 miles per hour.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

virginal or no virginal, it's beautiful and looks intriguing!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lord of Skytop. Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger has a spectacular aura about Gunkslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I try, btw my slumbering black lab looks like your slumbering bear. Same posture and eyes.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm ...

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Hmmm ...
    My black lab has a much deeper voice, HHHMMMM......

No answer yet.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

labs are bears

back to topic - I've realized how much I missed those games, and how much of the ability to play them I've lost in these two years
    (now totally stumped with no idea where to start)

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

We can all work together to defeat the evil Riddddlemaster, Jean.

Crescent Moon, - Quarter?
    a Sears Roebuck Catalog hanging on the wall, ( does this have anything to do with umm...supplies for an outhouse?)
    and an unknown nameless man. The unknown soldier? The unknown comic? Any New Orleans Saints fan?

Upon opening, you see a

A coffee grinder,
    dogs and cats in cages, - Pound? shelter?
    and a building housing woodworking tools. -- Shed?

Upon opening, you see

A bathroom scale,
    2000 British currency notes, -- Ton?

Damn...I'm loving this stuff, Mike! Thanks!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Mike.

Here's something you should check out. There is a whole sub form of people who collect books. real books...with flypapers and covers and everything. The fancy ones even have dust covers. I hear they take them to people and have those people write their name in thee front! I don't know why. It seems silly because if they ever lost that book someone would think it belonged to this Stephen King dude and send it to him. Then the collector would be out of luck And I hear they pay over 5 bucks for many of them!! They line up outside of buildings and wait on these fellers to sign their name in them. Ain't that silly. I hear it gets real testy in these lines too! All sorts of folks in these lines. There are riots and stabbings. But what do you expect when you put so many nefarious characters in a line? I hear there are all sorts going to the “book signings...” computer fixers, Teachers, soccer hooligans and a few baptists too!

Well..I thought such a forum would interest you, Mike.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Hey Mike.

Here's something you should check out. There is a whole sub form of people who collect books. real books...with flypapers and covers and everything. The fancy ones even have dust covers. I hear they take them to people and have those people write their name in thee front! I don't know why. It seems silly because if they ever lost that book someone would think it belonged to this Stephen King dude and send it to him. Then the collector would be out of luck And I hear they pay over 5 bucks for many of them!! They line up outside of buildings and wait on these fellers to sign their name in them. Ain't that silly. I hear it gets real testy in these lines too! All sorts of folks in these lines. There are riots and stabbings. But what do you expect when you put so many nefarious characters in a line? I hear there are all sorts going to the “book signings...” computer fixers, Teachers, soccer hooligans and a few baptists too!

Hey Jon, I heard about that. And they have these books where all these different folks sign them, that would be confusing to figure out who the owner was. Why not just cross out the name above you to make it easier? Then there are these collectors (so I have been told) that have people draw pictures in their books. Not where the words are but like where the title is. If you haven't read the story yet why would put a picture in the front? Makes no sense.

I once had this one book, the fellers didn't sign it in the front though, but in the back, one of them was that King guy, the other was this feller, Michael Whelan, some artist, never understood that one since this book had no pictures in it either. I guess the Whelan feller forgot to draw a picture in it. Any way some fool had covered it in tin foil and put a sticker on the front that said Firestarter. Never understood that one either, I never did find any matches in that book. Maybe I missed something, anyhow I sold it about ten years back to some rube in Nevada for $14,000. Never did tell him that it didn't have any matches inside. Oh well.

I'm going to check out that forum, and see if I can get an answer to all these questions. Then I can rest easy at night.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Crescent Moon, - Quarter? No
    a Sears Roebuck Catalog hanging on the wall, ( does this have anything to do with umm...supplies for an outhouse?) Correct line of thinking
    and an unknown nameless man. The unknown soldier? The unknown comic? Any New Orleans Saints fan? No

Upon opening, you see a

A coffee grinder,
    dogs and cats in cages, - Pound? shelter? No
    and a building housing woodworking tools. -- Shed? and no

Upon opening, you see

A bathroom scale,
    2000 British currency notes, -- Ton? Yes, how do you connect it the the other two clues?

Me too!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gunkslinger View Post

Crescent Moon, - Quarter? No Waxing?
    a Sears Roebuck Catalog hanging on the wall, ( does this have anything to do with umm...supplies for an outhouse?) Correct line of thinking
    and an unknown nameless man. The unknown soldier? The unknown comic? Any New Orleans Saints fan? No

Upon opening, you see a

A coffee grinder, Hmm maybe a MILL?
    dogs and cats in cages, - Pound? shelter? No Puppy MILL
    and a building housing woodworking tools. -- Shed? and no also a MILL

Upon opening, you see

A bathroom scale,
    2000 British currency notes, -- Ton? Yes, how do you connect it the the other two clues?
    and a car going 100 miles per hour. In the UK, we would call this doing over a TON as well

Me too!
    adding to the group input...

so based on 3 of the answers to the second part being MILL and 2 of the answers to the third being TON, i suspect All 3 sections each have the same answer to all 3 questions. So:

Door with W - ?
    Door with H - MILL
    Door with O - TON

Doors added together spell "WHO" so presumably we are looking for a name... "MILL-TON" Milton? hmm....

Unknown Nameless man would be John Doe.
    catalogue on wall (and extra confirmation points to outhouse) so also a "John"

So I am going with "John Milton" author of Paradise Lost.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Crescent Moon, - Quarter? No Waxing? Crescent Moon on an outhouse, a john
    a Sears Roebuck Catalog hanging on the wall, ( does this have anything to do with umm...supplies for an outhouse?) Correct line of thinking Back in the day instead of a bidet in the outhouse there was the ol' school Sears catalogue nailed to the wall.
    and an unknown nameless man. The unknown soldier? The unknown comic? Any New Orleans Saints fan? No But yes, John, one who frequents a lady of ill-repute or John Doe

Upon opening, you see a

A coffee grinder, Hmm maybe a MILL? yes
    dogs and cats in cages, - Pound? shelter? No Puppy MILL yes
    and a building housing woodworking tools. -- Shed? and no also a MILL yes

Upon opening, you see

A bathroom scale, This one was for fluff, one steps on a scale and and says, 'Holy S**T, I weigh a ton!'
    2000 British currency notes, -- Ton? Yes, how do you connect it the the other two clues? 2000 pound notes
    and a car going 100 miles per hour. In the UK, we would call this doing over a TON as well Yes

Me too!
    adding to the group input...

so based on 3 of the answers to the second part being MILL and 2 of the answers to the third being TON, i suspect All 3 sections each have the same answer to all 3 questions. So:

Door with W - ?
    Door with H - MILL
    Door with O - TON

Doors added together spell "WHO" so presumably we are looking for a name... "MILL-TON" Milton? hmm....

Unknown Nameless man would be John Doe.
    catalogue on wall (and extra confirmation points to outhouse) so also a "John"

So I am going with "John Milton" author of Paradise Lost.
    Correct, awarded is a lost goose wandering around in an equally lost Paradise, but you must get the goose by regaining Paradise.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice riddle Mike

Been a while since the Fairday thread had such brain teasers!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Nice riddle Mike

Been a while since the Fairday thread had such brain teasers!
    Thanks, Well played to you.

It's been a while since I last riddled, a good eight years, I think I'm going stick around.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Great riddle, even if it was a little too British for me, lol.

Country
    Country Flag

an awesome riddle!! grrrrr, I had totally forgotten the principle of those, tried to fix three words under each letters (as syllables)

Jon and goblin, applause!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Stay tuned, Jon has inspired me and I have inspired Jon.

'The band is getting back together'. 'Blues Brothers'

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Mike.

Hey Jon, I heard about that. And they have these books where all these different folks sign them, that would be confusing to figure out who the owner was. Why not just cross out the name above you to make it easier? Then there are these collectors (so I have been told) that have people draw pictures in their books. Not where the words are but like where the title is. If you haven't read the story yet why would put a picture in the front? Makes no sense.

I once had this one book, the fellers didn't sign it in the front though, but in the back, one of them was that King guy, the other was this feller, Michael Whelan, some artist, never understood that one since this book had no pictures in it either. I guess the Whelan feller forgot to draw a picture in it. Any way some fool had covered it in tin foil and put a sticker on the front that said Firestarter. Never understood that one either, I never did find any matches in that book. Maybe I missed something, anyhow I sold it about ten years back to some rube in Nevada for $14,000. Never did tell him that it didn't have any matches inside. Oh well.

I'm going to check out that forum, and see if I can get an answer to all these questions. Then I can rest easy at night.

Yeah...I got me one of those books with that Whelan feller ritin his name in it. But he was kind enough to put my name in...he even spelled it right. But he's crazy... he rote "To Jon"...he didn't give me the book!!!! I bought it from some lbierry what sells all it's books. That Whelan guy even drew an eye in it fer some reason...then he put wax paper over it like it wuz cookies! Them art types are sure strange.

Mike...did I understand that you sold a book of matches that was empty fer 14K?? I ain't buyin no used car from you!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Jon, I heard about that. And they have these books where all these different folks sign them, that would be confusing to figure out who the owner was. Why not just cross out the name above you to make it easier?
    Yer genesis has perspired me, Mike... tell all yer collectin buddies!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Jon, I heard about that. And they have these books where all these different folks sign them, that would be confusing to figure out who the owner was. Why not just cross out the name above you to make it easier?
    Yer genesis has perspired me, Mike... tell all yer collectin buddies!

You is a funny man!!! This post made my day. Thank you.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This should be listed as solved.....Bueller? Bueller.......

+ Reply to Thread