Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Netflix

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly hadn't even heard of it, which should tell you something.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

IMO it didn't really live up to the hype.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's based on a Mark Millar story. It sucks because graphic novel based shows were ascending - stuff like Umbrella Academy, The Boys, Invincible - were stringing along wins with critics and audiences, and then this one turned out to be a turkey despite its potential.

He'll bounce back though. Funnily enough, there is a tie-in series being developed by Netflix called Supercrooks which focuses on the super powered villains in that universe. Hopefully that one doesn't get cancelled after 1 season too...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ragnorak...if you get a chance check this one out - we watched the dubbed version...still with subtitles. So far two seasons - I think 6 episodes each season - the whole family enjoyed it and we finished it over the Memorial Weekend. I read a lot of Norse mythology with my son and we loved Gaiman's Norse Mythology book as well. They held very true to the mythos. As a kid I always read greek/roman mythology - but never Norse - as an adult I prefer Norse. Seriously give this one a whirl. We are going back and re-reading the books soon too. As things would come up in the series my son and I would get so excited - figuring out who was who and all of the hidden bits in the show.

RAGNORAK
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I honestly hadn't even heard of it, which should tell you something.
    It was the number one show the week it came out.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

When did it come out? I totally missed it and don't remember anyone talking about it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    When did it come out? I totally missed it and don't remember anyone talking about it.
    It is absolutely trash so not surprised. It was painful
    To get through but I did As I was on isolation
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Ragnorak...if you get a chance check this one out - we watched the dubbed version...still with subtitles. So far two seasons - I think 6 episodes each season - the whole family enjoyed it and we finished it over the Memorial Weekend. I read a lot of Norse mythology with my son and we loved Gaiman's Norse Mythology book as well. They held very true to the mythos. As a kid I always read greek/roman mythology - but never Norse - as an adult I prefer Norse. Seriously give this one a whirl. We are going back and re-reading the books soon too. As things would come up in the series my son and I would get so excited - figuring out who was who and all of the hidden bits in the show.

RAGNORAK
    I concur.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm several years behind the curve here, but I recently tried out Schitt's Creek (which didn't start on Netflix), and that is a good show. Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are great in pretty much everything they do, and Chris Elliott is probably my favorite weirdo in all of acting (when I started watching and he popped up - I knew to expect Levy and O'Hara, but not him - I was like "yes!"). I didn't know Dan Levy; he is hilarious and one of the best parts of the show. Annie Murphy...hmm. On one hand, I don't really find myself laughing at her, but on the other, she plays a moron absolutely perfectly, and that's worth something story-wise.

Anyway: great show.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I first saw Elliot on Late Night with David Letterman. He's a brilliant, sick fucker!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I first saw Elliot on Late Night with David Letterman. He's a brilliant, sick fucker!
    He is tremendous.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I'm several years behind the curve here, but I recently tried out Schitt's Creek (which didn't start on Netflix), and that is a good show. Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are great in pretty much everything they do, and Chris Elliott is probably my favorite weirdo in all of acting (when I started watching and he popped up - I knew to expect Levy and O'Hara, but not him - I was like "yes!"). I didn't know Dan Levy; he is hilarious and one of the best parts of the show. Annie Murphy...hmm. On one hand, I don't really find myself laughing at her, but on the other, she plays a moron absolutely perfectly, and that's worth something story-wise.

Anyway: great show.
    Just finished the series. Holy shit - just great. Wildly funny, yet somehow made me care about the characters (I didn't think this was possible with top-notch comedy).

Now going through Schitt's Creek withdrawal - David and Patrick are about to begin their life together and I don't get to watch!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

He is tremendous.
    Yes. His test about the difference between vegetable oil and olive oil was hilarious and very surprising.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

His test about the difference between vegetable oil and olive oil was hilarious and very surprising.
    I'll have to check that out.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

His test about the difference between vegetable oil and olive oil was hilarious and very surprising.
    I'll have to check that out.

I'll make it easy for you.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I've been waiting on this for a while now. I was a huge fan of the 80's TV show and had (still have) pretty much all the toys from the 80's line. The cast of voice actors is pretty impressive. Mark Hamill, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Alicia Silverstone, Kevin Conroy and even Alan Oppenheimer who did the original Skeletor voice.

https://ew.com/tv/masters-of-the-uni...e-kevin-smith/
    Watched the first 3 episodes. I'm enjoying it so far. I like the call-outs to the old show and the self-awareness of how campy it was.

The reviewers that are pissed about having too much Teela in the show make me laugh.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished watching season 4 of Cobra Kai. Hoping there is no season 5.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Finished watching season 4 of Cobra Kai. Hoping there is no season 5.
    Really? I loved it.

I've been watching this show since it was on Youtube and have enjoyed each season more than the last. Giving the OG characters more of a back story and filling in with the young cast has been great. Some things have been predictable but a lot of things they are purposely doing the exact opposite of what happened in the movies. There was even one part where one of the characters mentioned doing the same thing over and over again would just be boring. I thought that was a nice little wink at the audience that they aren't just re-hashing the events and the plots of the movies.

Season 5 is already confirmed and I can't wait.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, ultimately it comes back to the AD dollars. A main theme with streaming is that it eliminates TIVO. You can't FF thru commercials on a streaming platform. Right now the landscape is still relatively new and cheap but, the prices still will go up. What's so enticing to the majors is the elimination of any infrastructure to provide or maintain. That is now solely on the customer and their internet access. Rest assured enjoy it while you can cause its gonna get way more expensive in the near future. Trust me. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Started watching Archive 81 last night.

The first episode almost had an "Everything's Eventual" story vibe to it. One guy, hired to do a job where he doesn't really know what the end goal is. He's put up in a house all alone and says to call for anything he needs...

They even have a couple of Stephen King books on the shelves in the house. I caught The Dark Half, Hearts in Atlantis and I believe one of the DT books. Another character even mentions Jack Torrance.

Wasn't there a thread on here at one time that was for noting SK references in media?

Anyway, I'm only 2 episode in and the show is really creepy so far but I like it.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast