Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Lemmy Snicket is getting rave reviews... can't wait to see it
    Is that a movie or the singer for Motörhead?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Added today:

Coin Heist (2017): http://www.netflix.com/title/80097725
    Degrassi: Next Class: Season 3: http://www.netflix.com/title/80062047
    Tarzan and Jane: Season 1: http://www.netflix.com/title/80057506
    One Day at a Time: Season 1: http://www.netflix.com/title/80095532

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have Netflix DVD subscription. Virtually any film is available on DVD but the streaming selection is small in comparison. If all you like to watch are TV shows, recent films, and commercially lukewarm back catalog movies then streaming is all you need. However, I want more out of my Netflix. For shits a giggles a few years ago, I took my Netflix DVD queue of about 200 titles and looked to see what I could stream. Less than 10. Most of my queue is not the newest blockbuster, but older films, esoteric films, old esoteric Asian films, etc.

Just a couple of weeks ago I was saying how I had just watched some movie or another on Netflix, and someone tried to convince me it wasn't available. I told them it sure was--they sent the DVD right to my house. The reaction I got amused me. (DVD? Netflix still has DVDs???)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I hear that all the time as well. I usually have to go into an explanation that you can get DVDs sent to you from netflix. I don't know why people have forgotten that it started this way. Was it really that long ago? I won't ever get rid of the dvd portion. Compared to that, what you can find streaming is so minimal.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed on the streaming vs. DVD thing. Streaming is great for those people who just want the Netflix original content, but the movie selection is slim pickings.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just started One Day at a Time. Very cute and pretty funny, enjoying it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I have Netflix DVD subscription. Virtually any film is available on DVD but the streaming selection is small in comparison. If all you like to watch are TV shows, recent films, and commercially lukewarm back catalog movies then streaming is all you need. However, I want more out of my Netflix. For shits a giggles a few years ago, I took my Netflix DVD queue of about 200 titles and looked to see what I could stream. Less than 10. Most of my queue is not the newest blockbuster, but older films, esoteric films, old esoteric Asian films, etc.

Just a couple of weeks ago I was saying how I had just watched some movie or another on Netflix, and someone tried to convince me it wasn't available. I told them it sure was--they sent the DVD right to my house. The reaction I got amused me. (DVD? Netflix still has DVDs???)
    These are the exact reasons why I still get DVDs in the mail as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I hear that all the time as well. I usually have to go into an explanation that you can get DVDs sent to you from netflix. I don't know why people have forgotten that it started this way. Was it really that long ago? I won't ever get rid of the dvd portion. Compared to that, what you can find streaming is so minimal.
    This is the lady that got me into Netflix. She sent me a free trial years ago.

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    This is the lady that got me into Netflix. She sent me a free trial years ago.

If only I could get paid for promoting stuff. I'd be rich from both Netflix and Blake Crouch

Country
    Country Flag

Added yesterday:
    Added today:

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My current queue. Most are foreign or old. I wonder how many are available for streaming?

Heroes of the East
    Jet Li's Fearless
    Samurai Trilogy 1: Musashi Miyamoto
    Samurai Trilogy 2: Duel at Ichijoji Temple
    The Bad Sleep Well
    Kagemusha
    Dodes'ka-Den
    The Flowers of War
    Make Way for Tomorrow (1937)
    Diary of a Nymphomaniac
    The Legend is Born: Ip Man
    All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)
    The Hustler
    Hud
    War of the Arrows
    The Man from Nowhere
    Legend of the Fist: Return of Chen Zhen
    Adoration
    I've Loved You So Long
    Kuroneko
    The Promise
    Phenomena
    Cinderella (Korean horror)
    Isabella
    Triad Election
    The Cheat / Merrily We Go to Hell (1931)
    Vanessa
    Laure
    Three on a Match / Female (1932)
    Reincarnation
    Silk
    Maid in Sweden
    Clip
    The Pinky Violence Collection: Delinquent Girl Boss: Worthless to Confess
    Three Outlaw Samurai
    13 Assassins
    The 8 Diagram Pole Fighter
    A Woman, a Gun and a Noodle Shop
    A Most Wanted Man
    Pontypool
    There Will Be Blood
    Chinatown
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    Network
    Sunset Boulevard
    Fitzcarraldo
    Nosferatu the Vampyre
    Dial M for Murder
    Torn Curtain
    Straw Dogs
    The Wild Bunch
    True Grit
    East of Eden: Special Edition
    A Streetcar Named Desire
    Serpico
    Papillon
    The Getaway
    Escape from Alcatraz
    The Big Kahuna
    The Great Escape
    Paths of Glory
    Demons
    Coherence
    Run Silent, Run Deep
    Broken Blossoms
    The Sign of the Cross
    Gold Diggers of 1933
    Women Behind Bars
    Tokyo Drifter
    Emanuelle and the White Slave Trade
    Black Emanuelle, White Emanuelle
    Private Collections
    Nightcrawler
    Hot Saturday / Torch Singer (1932)
    Murder at the Vanities / Search for Beauty (1934)
    Night Nurse / Thou Shalt Not (1931)
    My Dinner with André
    Finding Dory
    Frozen
    Diner
    Dolores Claiborne
    The Americans: Season 1 / Season 2 (TV series)
    Foxcatcher
    Birdman
    Silenced
    Albino Alligator
    The Protector
    Ong Bak 3
    Room
    The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms
    The Monster That Challenged the World / It! The Terror from Beyond Space
    Big Driver
    Deathgasm
    A Touch of Zen
    Hail, Caesar!
    Millennium Mambo
    Legend of the Black Scorpion
    If You Are the One

Country
    Country Flag

Quite a few of those are (or have been) available for streaming on Netflix.

Meanwhile, added today:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Divemaster, do you collect DVDS? A lot of those you can find on DVD for a buck or two.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Divemaster, do you collect DVDS? A lot of those you can find on DVD for a buck or two.
    I do have a nice DVD collection. About 300 U.S. movies and 500 non-U.S. (mostly Asian). However, for the most part I don't purchase random or unseen movies, even for a buck or two. If I've seen and liked the movie, I'll pick up the DVD version, especially if it has commentary and other bonus features. Sometimes I'll go ahead and buy the movie unseen if I know I'll like it, and the DVD is a special edition. For example, I bought the latest Star Trek DVD unseen b/c of my enjoyment of the first two films and good word of mouth.

The exception is that a lot of the Korean movies I *have* to buy blind b/c the movies are never released in the U.S. These DVDs are often Region 3 and not available for rental either. So I pays my money and takes my chances. Similar for a lot of Chinese/Hong Kong DVDs, but those are about $5 or less, whereas most of the Korean ones are $20 or more.

So, if any of the movies in my current Netflix queue I end up really liking, I'll buy the DVD later. I recently did this with the Japanese film HOUSE, which was one of the trippiest/weirdest movies I've ever seen. Nice bonus features on the DVD as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Added today:

Camp X-Ray (2014): http://www.netflix.com/title/70298946

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else watching One Day at a Time? Really enjoying it. Light and fluffy, but very funny.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Anyone else watching One Day at a Time? Really enjoying it. Light and fluffy, but very funny.
    Well, not so light now than I'm more episodes into it. Episode 11 made me cry. Good job, show.

I had no clue It Follows was streaming. It's never popped up for me, which is weird with all the horror films I like. That's one thing that annoys me about the streaming version, is that all the films that pop up in the different lists are all the same. You pretty much have to put in the film you want to see and see if they have it. Which can get annoying when you put in a bunch of films that they don't have. They need to get better about organizing films and being able to search through the whole catalog of what's available.

Country
    Country Flag

Added yesterday:
    Added today:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had no clue It Follows was streaming. It's never popped up for me, which is weird with all the horror films I like. That's one thing that annoys me about the streaming version, is that all the films that pop up in the different lists are all the same. You pretty much have to put in the film you want to see and see if they have it. Which can get annoying when you put in a bunch of films that they don't have. They need to get better about organizing films and being able to search through the whole catalog of what's available.
    I thought I heard you can set up notifications every time a new show or movie is added.

Country
    Country Flag

Added today (two childhood favorites):

I thought I heard you can set up notifications every time a new show or movie is added.
    I'll have to look into it. I always scroll through the recently added, and I'll get random emails about movies or shows being added but it's almost always nothing that I'm interested in.

Ha! I just signed on to add some of the stuff Pablo mentioned and low and behold there was a gigantic banner for It Follows just being added. Maybe it was just added recently and I hadn't gone through the new list yet.

Country
    Country Flag

Added today:

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Narcos. I liked it overall. Almost every person in that show was a criminal.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

Added today:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast