Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible H.P.Lovecraft

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Are the Arkham editions 1st "corrected" printings, respectively? Meaning, DH will be a "corrected 6th printing" (that is the first issue of the corrected texts, with the green Bayless cover).
    The other two are corrected 5th printings.

sk
    Yep, the Corrected 5th printings are the "firsts" for those other two books ("6th", for DH, as I said above). I love those editions.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I would still highly recommend picking up the B&N edition, if the HP edition is no longer available:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bar...aft/1106658815
    Yep, that one is pretty essential, I agree. I also really like their recent Cthulhu-centric edition (with the great John Coulthart design and poster): https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the...=9781435162556 I think that one is equally essential, for various reasons.
    Those are both great books for twenty bucks.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Ps publishing are having a sale with a decent discount on a set of their illustrated lovecraft series...

http://pspublishing2.com/all-12-illu...over-911-p.asp

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Ps publishing are having a sale with a decent discount on a set if their illustrated lovecraft series...

http://pspublishing2.com/all-12-illu...over-911-p.asp
    Thanks! Excellent deal, that I took advantage of last time. Recommended set of books, for sure.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I saw the Barnes & Noble edition the other day but I didn't buy it. But I got a 20% off coupon in the mail today so maybe I'll go back and get it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PS Publishing are running a special price of GBP£100 plus postage for the first 12 Illustrated Lovecraft books;

http://pspublishing2.com/offer---all...over-911-p.asp

They also announced the final four instalments of the series which will be;

Vol 13 - The Festival & Other Abnormalities
    Vol 14 - Herbet West: Reanimator
    Vol 15 - Dagon & Diverse Monstrosities
    Vol 16 - The Other Gods & Various Ethereal Effusions

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DREAMS FROM THE WITCH HOUSE: FEMALE VOICES OF LOVECRAFTIAN HORROR looks like a great anthology with some leading names. I just purchased the S/L as part of Dark Regions 50% off sale...

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    DREAMS FROM THE WITCH HOUSE: FEMALE VOICES OF LOVECRAFTIAN HORROR looks like a great anthology with some leading names. I just purchased the S/L as part of Dark Regions 50% off sale...
    Did you get a confirmation on that? The sale is only for in stock items, and the S/L is still listed as a preorder- as it's not done yet. If they are letting that through- what a great deal! I have the paperback and it's gorgeous.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't ready many of the newer Cthulhu mythos writers (read the first volume of the Black Wing series which I thought was quite hit and miss) but I've really enjoyed recently reading some of original weird fiction authors such as Algernon Blackwood and William Hope Hodgson, both of whom Lovecraft mentions in his many letters as having read.

Speaking of Lovecraft's letters, can anyone recommend a particular volume from the Hippocampus series of letters (and the essays) as a good intro to Lovecraft's correspondence?

Thanks.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Did you get a confirmation on that? The sale is only for in stock items, and the S/L is still listed as a preorder- as it's not done yet. If they are letting that through- what a great deal! I have the paperback and it's gorgeous.
    Yep, messaged Chris Morey via Facebook prior to ordering and he confirmed, then order went through with discount. I have the pb also and love it - the artwork is mind blowing. It looks like only 9 S/L's are left...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    Speaking of Lovecraft's letters, can anyone recommend a particular volume from the Hippocampus series of letters (and the essays) as a good intro to Lovecraft's correspondence?
    I don't have many of the letters volumes but the essays volumes are essential, in my opinion. I would get them all. But if I had to single out one it would be Travels. Really fascinating.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    I don't have many of the letters volumes but the essays volumes are essential, in my opinion. I would get them all. But if I had to single out one it would be Travels. Really fascinating.
    Thanks Pablo.

I was thinking of starting with the Travels essay, so its good to have a recommendation for this one.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Is anyone aware of a standalone hardcover of The Case Of Charles Dexter Ward other than the one from PS Publishing?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Is anyone aware of a standalone hardcover of The Case Of Charles Dexter Ward other than the one from PS Publishing?
    Check out the link below;

https://www.ut.edu/TampaPress/pressDetail.aspx?id=18776

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Excellent; thanks.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

PS Publishing is having a sale on their 17 volume illustrated set: https://pspublishing2.com/illustrate...ion-1053-p.asp

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's interesting and quite unique: a postcard written and signed by HP Lovecraft

=> on ebay

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Not sure if this is appropriate or not, but a copy of the Heavenly Monkey ‘The Shadow Over Innmouth’ just popped up on ABE. It’s one of the ‘abyssal’ editions that included an extra proof of one of the lovely Shinsuke Minegishi engravings. Still looking for one of the Ichthyic editions for my bookshelf.

Edited: Gone already apparently - didn't take long
    'chaos, mr. who, that is our mode and modus'

My Mood
    Relaxed

Entirely appropriate! Alas, it looks like that copy has disappeared quickly, and rightly so: The Batrachian is my favorite book in my entire 30 years amassed book collection. Though probably not for sale, I think RC65 here has an Ichthyic- the only one I've seen outside of HM's own website pics. Speaking of which: your post prompted me to check back there- it's been awhile- and, was shocked to discover they did a new edition! Combined with sheets from an old privately printed History of the Necronomicon. Uber limited to 16 copies and long gone. That's gonna torture me. Looks gorgeous!

http://www.heavenlymonkey.com/Innsmouth2020.html

Gunslinger Apprentice JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM is a jewel in the rough JeremyM's Avatar

Not sure if you're aware of this one or not, but he used the text of 'The Horror at Red Hook' in a book detailing typeface usage at the press - http://www.heavenlymonkey.com/TPP.html

My Mood
    Relaxed

Ah, yes, I do remember that! Never got one, though. Did you? Love to see pics!

I've been on the lookout for one of the deluxe copies, to no avail. Just ordered one of the standard editions, will take some pics when it arrives.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
    I've been on the lookout for one of the deluxe copies, to no avail. Just ordered one of the standard editions, will take some pics when it arrives.
    Excellent. It looks like all copies were bound in different paper boards. Love to see as many of those as possible. BTW, do you remember what that Abyssal edition was going for on ABE earlier? Just curious.

BTW, do you remember what that Abyssal edition was going for on ABE earlier? Just curious.
    $600 or so? If I recall correctly.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Entirely appropriate! Alas, it looks like that copy has disappeared quickly, and rightly so: The Batrachian is my favorite book in my entire 30 years amassed book collection. Though probably not for sale, I think RC65 here has an Ichthyic- the only one I've seen outside of HM's own website pics. Speaking of which: your post prompted me to check back there- it's been awhile- and, was shocked to discover they did a new edition! Combined with sheets from an old privately printed History of the Necronomicon. Uber limited to 16 copies and long gone. That's gonna torture me. Looks gorgeous!

http://www.heavenlymonkey.com/Innsmouth2020.html
    AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The Ichthyic edition is one of my long-term grails. I've never seen one for sale

When the Abyssal edition popped up I almost bought it - and probably should have - but what I really want is that Ichthyic. Such an amazing book...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast