Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Book Collection: Johnny007/John

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Lovely John, just lovely.
    I believe I would run out of superlatives trying to comment!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I logged in for the first time in years a couple of days ago and spent a few pleasant hours browsing the collection threads. A great trip down memory lane! This one caught my eye - I'm pretty sure this was part of my collection once. I got it from another member here who got it directly from Michael Alpert if I recall correctly. I believe I sold it to Jon P when I let go of my collection. Good to see it's still in the family, so to speak. I'm glad it's yours now, John.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    When I sold my proofs in 2015, I had a Michael Alpert-initialed copy of The New Lieutenant's Rap proof that was 1 of 24 issued that way. It was/is hard-to-find and rare. I still haven't found another copy since returning to collecting proofs. However, I did find what I consider to be a rarer version of that proof. Along with this letter from Michael Alpert, I have the laser-copy version of the entire unbound proof. In addition, this set includes a flawless copy of the actual pamphlet -- unnumbered and unsigned. I did not find the words "out of series copy" on my copy. In addition, each page states "Smooth" or "Rough" at the bottom left as mentioned in the Alpert letter. I read that this version is easier to locate but I had never seen one until 2019. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this.

John

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Michaël,

It is great to see you on the site again! Thanks for the nice words regarding the NLR. Unfortunately, Jon decided to part with almost everything SK-related other than his UK 1st editions. He graciously offered me the opportunity to regain and expand my footing in the proof and manuscript world. I'm very lucky and extremely grateful for that opportunity. I will take great care of the NLR!

I hope that you are doing well and it would be great to see you around more frequently -- even if to just say hello! Take care!

Best,
    John

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That is just amazing.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the warm welcome, John - I'll definitely drop by more often!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Hi Michaël,

It is great to see you on the site again! Thanks for the nice words regarding the NLR. Unfortunately, Jon decided to part with almost everything SK-related other than his UK 1st editions. He graciously offered me the opportunity to regain and expand my footing in the proof and manuscript world. I'm very lucky and extremely grateful for that opportunity. I will take great care of the NLR!

I hope that you are doing well and it would be great to see you around more frequently -- even if to just say hello! Take care!

Best,
    John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10