Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Johnny007/John

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wait a minute, Kris said Hutch. I bought my DT 957 books 3-7 from a guy named Hutch who used to sell books on line. Even though the handle is Johnny007 is this the same Hutch?
    It's an incredible set of Salems' you have and other items. I will be sure to keep an eye on this thread for sure.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Wait a minute, Kris said Hutch. I bought my DT 957 books 3-7 from a guy named Hutch who used to sell books on line. Even though the handle is Johnny007 is this the same Hutch?
    It's an incredible set of Salems' you have and other items. I will be sure to keep an eye on this thread for sure.
    No. Hutch owned those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

OH. OK, sorry for the confusion. It's still amazing.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

First class John.
    Lovely to see.
    Congratulations acquiring the set, especially with the inscription, date and signature.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You've gone green in a good way!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back. I'll be doing some updating and adding in the coming weeks. My pictures are not as great as others who have posted here, but the books themselves almost always exceed F, F/F, or F/F/F condition. Publisher letters -- not so much as you can see!

As many of you know, I sold my proof collection in 2015 so I could afford to purchase a 'Salem's Lot trio (1st/1st, 1st/2nd, and 1st/3rd) all signed and all in F/F condition. I had mixed feelings about that decision, but I saw no other way of obtaining this group in this condition at one time. I had many hard-to-find and sought-after proofs that I knew would be hard to replace and still fill the holes in my collection. The Green Mile set has always been a favorite of mine and I always kept track of where they were. But this particular set eluded me after I sold it. I didn't pursue it very much until late-2018 or early-2019 when I decided to return to proofs and eventually become a serious hardcore SK completist. More of that in future dialogue.

This particular set was "auctioned" by eBay. The seller had a $2.5K BIN on it but when I tried to buy it at that price, he demurred. He now wanted it to go full-on auction. I offered him $3.5K to pull it but he still wanted more money. This set had the first proof inscribed to Ralph Vicinanza, SK's foreign literary agent. He was instrumental in convincing King to issue these books in serial format...and this was Mr. Vicinanza's Green Mile proof set. I had not seen many, if any, inscriptions to Vicinanza so I just had to have this set. It went for about $4.5K on eBay back in 2010/2011 and I won it. I sold it as my last proof in the summer of 2016.

I could not be sure who owned it until last year. A number of proof collectors told me that it might be here or there when I finally took a chance with a good guy who I dealt with 10 years earlier on an inscribed Carrie. So we agreed on a deal and I now have back an immensely important piece of my collection. Below find the set -- pics won't due justice -- and a wrinkled Publisher Letter/Review letter. By the way, this letter was sent to Ellen Datlow; who, at the time, was the fiction editor at Omni magazine and Omni Online. She's also an award-winning science fiction, fantasy, and horror editor and anthologist. I hope you enjoy.

John

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I apologize for the test photos. I should have deleted them as soon as I know they would work.

Below is the inscription on proof #1 to Ralph Vicinanza.

John

My Mood
    Cool

Looking forward to seeing what this thread produces.
    So those are yours? Very impressive. I know having a complete set of the green mile is very difficult.
    I have a a few proofs and and some that are spiral bound. It's an area I would like to get back into.
    But if those are yours, congrats on them.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Incredible items and story.
    Glad that you managed to get it back!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Very nice!
    Thank you, Jerome!

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    First class John.
    Lovely to see.
    Congratulations acquiring the set, especially with the inscription, date and signature.
    I appreciate it, Alec. Thank you.

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    You've gone green in a good way!
    Thank you, Steve. More green (or a shade of it) will follow soon!

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Incredible items and story.
    Glad that you managed to get it back!
    Thanks, Jeremy!

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what this thread produces.
    So those are yours? Very impressive. I know having a complete set of the green mile is very difficult.
    I have a a few proofs and and some that are spiral bound. It's an area I would like to get back into.
    But if those are yours, congrats on them.
    Thanks, Mike.

Just wondering, though, whose books would I post other than mine in my collection thread?

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

When I sold my proofs in 2015, I had a Michael Alpert-initialed copy of The New Lieutenant's Rap proof that was 1 of 24 issued that way. It was/is hard-to-find and rare. I still haven't found another copy since returning to collecting proofs. However, I did find what I consider to be a rarer version of that proof. Along with this letter from Michael Alpert, I have the laser-copy version of the entire unbound proof. In addition, this set includes a flawless copy of the actual pamphlet -- unnumbered and unsigned. I did not find the words "out of series copy" on my copy. In addition, each page states "Smooth" or "Rough" at the bottom left as mentioned in the Alpert letter. I read that this version is easier to locate but I had never seen one until 2019. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this.

John

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, I guess I could have worded that diferently.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I had so much to sell in '15, David drove to my flat and picked up the whole lot. However, he did not come empty-handed. Earlier, but during that general timeframe, I agreed to purchase a complete NLR set. He acquired Stanley Wiater's set from a Massachusetts dealer along with the set belonging to Stanley's wife, Iris. I haven't seen many with all the items included. I don't think I'm missing anything. BTW, there is a signed 1st Tom Gordon that I have to complete the set. Also, the number is 43, in case it is difficult to read it. So, although this set is rare, it is certainly not unique.

John

My Mood
    Cool

WOW.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Marvelous!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Nice to see John.
    Keep them coming my friend.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice !!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE NLR. I dont think you are missing anything either John. I know Gerald Winters shared a Carrie Pen with his once BUT I have never considered that part of the set. You could get picky and want the little box the necklace came in ... BUT your copy has the place setter which I dont think I have seen before with a set!!!!!! NICE WORK.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That NLR is a beauty. Thanks for sharing the pics. Love it.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Mike, Steve, Alec, Frank, Kris and DoctorZaius -- Thanks for the nice words! I'm sorry I haven't very punctual with additional pictures, but I hope to rectify that today and have them added before tomorrow ends. I promise some nice additions!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast