Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Johnny007/John

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: Johnny007/John

I've been waiting to buy bookshelves worthy of my collection since last summer when I ditched Stone Age shelves designed by a caveman -- a few were privy to those shelves but I was embarrassed to show my books there. So for the time being, I will show individual books along with descriptions, how and when I bought the books and anything else that I think might be of interest. Without the proofs, my collection is just a shell of what it once was. But there are a few proofs that I must rebuy -- I will find you guys and maybe we can work something out!

The books I showcase here in the near future are some of my best. However, some of the photos might not come up to the standard that most here are accustomed to. I will do my best to work on this endeavor diligently until most are posted. But keep in mind that I have a fulltime job with long hours for which I rarely get reimbursed.

Finally, I hope to have proper bookshelves before Christmas. And once that happens, I'll have pictures of my collection like most have posted on their collection threads. Feel free to ask me any questions and I hope you like what you see.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The first set of pictures show the US and UK copies of Rage. The US copy is in the finest shape I have ever seen. It has never been read as far as I can tell. I had forgot that I even owned this until I began packing my collection before I moved. There was a small paperback book wrapped so as to obscure the title and everything else. It was "hidden" (or had fallen) behind larger books. It became Christmas in July when I opened it and saw what I had. The condition is superb! I believe I bought this on eBay years ago but it could also be a gift from friends when I was hospitalized in 1978. It lacks King's signature but I'm hopeful to get the chance to rectify that within the next year.

The UK version is in equally fine condition. This copy has also never been read. As you can see, this copy is signed by SK (aka Bachman). This is my only UK-signed Bachman paperback and it is one of my favorite acquisitions.

Attached are copies of each book. I will say that the pictures of these paperbacks do not do justice to them. They are much nicer in person! Fingers crossed that I will attach the pictures so they are visible.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, those Rages look like they were just printed! Very nice. Keep them coming, Johnny007!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Those look phenomenal! Yes, keep them coming !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope to finish this upload before I go to vote, go to a Dr. Appointment and then off to work. I had never seen a full set of lettered The Plant until Chris Cavalier liquidated part of his collection 10 years ago. I really wanted this set but I didn't have the cash at the time. About 2 weeks after the first posting, I noticed that the lot was listed as sold. I was very disappointed but I realized that I couldn't compete for everything I really wanted. I called Stu to see if the buyer could be persuaded to sell immediately at a 20% profit. He replied that that wasn't in the cards. Then he explained that he himself bought the lot knowing that I'd probably come calling again. So Stu essentially bought the lot for me. I paid him within 2 months and I convinced him to take a 5% commission for his generous help. This set is extremely rare. Probably fewer than 5 complete sets known. I hope I can see the pictures this time. If not, I will need another tutorial because I cannot see my own pictures here.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW. PERIOD.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Woah, killer way to start a collection thread!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    ...and I hope you like what you see.
    Ummmm... yes.

Hell yes...

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been a long day on top of a long week but I'll make a quick post to show part of my Stand collection. These copies were purchased in the super-collection sale 10 years ago. The lettered Stand greatly exceeded my expectations. I think the inscription to Peter Schneider is awesome. It provides a bit of history and that's why, for me, inscribed books are preferable to flat-signed books.

The UK 1st is inscribed to Kirby McCauley, King's longtime agent. You'll also see the initials LWC are notated on the inscription page. Having pencil notations on older books was common for long-time booksellers. These initials are for Lloyd Currey so it is possible that Kirby sold to Currey who then sold it to Chris Cavalier. For me, it's cool! Anyway, here are the pictures.

Best,
    John

https://imageshack.com/i/pmw24SvXj

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, very very cool! And I love the fact that King uses the term 'hog heaven' in the inscription.
    Looking for:

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Kirby did liquidate a number of items through Lloyd Currey years ago. I bought quite a few as did many other collectors.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not one for inscriptions, but that Pete Schneider one is totally frickin' awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh man...I am one for inscriptions, and absolutely love that Kirby Stand!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic inscriptions. These longer inscription association pieces are mighty cool.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Love the UK Stand. It's almost impossible to find a copy in such pristine condition. Superb!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SUPERNICE STUFF !!!

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Excellent stuff. Love the inscriptions.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Kirby did liquidate a number of items through Lloyd Currey years ago. I bought quite a few as did many other collectors.
    Bob,

I lament the fact that I abandoned SK collecting during most of the 90s and early 2000s. By far, that's my biggest regret as a collector!

John

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Once again, some of the items in my collection. The order of the items posted is purely random. Here are a couple of ITs. Things were much more robust when I had all the proofs with them. BTW, the pictures may not be perfect so I apologize in advance. OK, here we go!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Great suff John, really happy to see you still have the Rage UK!!!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are a few copies of Night Shift. The US copies are inscribed and contain all the markers of 1st editions. The UK copy is not signed but it is the best copy I have ever seen. If I ever make it to a signing, this book would probably accompany me.

Notice that one of the copies is inscribed to Kirby McCauley. The inscription references that this is the last book needed to satisfy the contract with Doubleday. After this book, they can negotiate a new contract and set their price. That must be a great feeling! I'll try to post again before I watch my alma mater open the 2016/2017 NCAA basketball season. We're rated #10 in the AP poll.

Best,
    John

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, I love nice looking Night Shifts. Those are fantastic. As are the ITs.

Edit: Holy crap, as are the Firestarters below!
    Last edited by firemonkey66; 11-11-2016 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Asbestos Firestarter!
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some Firestarter books. The signed numbered sets will have to wait until I reunite them. The asbestos Firestarter was one of my first purchases when I returned to collecting in 2004. I think I had the opportunity to buy one for less than $1K in the 80s. But I was young, poor, still an avid stamp collector, and still pursuing an advanced education. So splurging for a lettered Firestarter was not in the offing. And there's also another Kirby inscription...one of my favorites!

Best,
    John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice books, John! One thing missing from my collection is a Night Shift signed and dated in the year of publication. Congratulations!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast