Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Marriage Story: The Sequel:

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Oh my this was so epic! On par with the lobster musical number!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.vulture.com/2020/09/snl-...season-46.html
    If you thought the cast of Saturday Night Live couldn’t get any bigger, you thought wrong. In an interview with Vulture, SNL creator and executive producer Lorne Michaels revealed that the long-running NBC show has added three featured players to the cast for season 46. The news follows the show’s September 15 announcement that the entire cast from season 45 will return to SNL this fall, which means the cast will be comprised of a whopping 20 members for season 46.

Returning featured players Bowen Yang and Chloe Fineman will be joined by the three new hires. (Ego Nwodim, who was a featured player last season, has been promoted to repertory player for season 46.) The new cast includes Los Angeles–based UCB alum Lauren Holt, L.A. stand-up Punkie Johnson, and Andrew Dismukes, who was hired as an SNL writer for season 43 in 2017 and co-wrote the “Del Taco Shoot” sketch with Kyle Mooney and Beck Bennett. Here’s more info on each new cast member from NBC:
    • Lauren Holt is an actor, comedian, singer, and improviser. She was a house performer at the Upright Citizens Brigade theater in Los Angeles and starred in the independent web series The Filth and in the short film Parent Teacher Conference, for which she received a Best Actress nomination at the Atlanta Comedy Film Festival.

• Punkie Johnson is a comedian and writer whose recent credits include Space Force, Corporate, Adam Ruins Everything, and Bill Burr Presents: The Ringers. She was a New Face at the Just for Laughs festival in 2019 and is a proud paid regular at the world-famous Comedy Store in Hollywood.

• Andrew Dismukes has served as an SNL staff writer since season 43. He is a stand-up comedian who was selected for the 2017 New Faces Showcase at the Just for Laughs festival and has performed at other festivals including Comedy Central’s Colossal Clusterfest and the New York Comedy Festival.

Michaels also revealed to Vulture a big promotion on the SNL writing staff: Anna Drezen, who previously served as a supervising writer, has been bumped up to co–head writer, joining Colin Jost, Michael Che, and Kent Sublette.

For more updates from Michaels about the upcoming season of SNL, read Vulture’s interview with the SNL boss here.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has it been announced if they will be in studio when the season starts?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I absolutely hate the shift from Jason Sudekis to Jim Carey to play Biden. Very disappointed.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Has it been announced if they will be in studio when the season starts?
    Yes, with a limited audience.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I absolutely hate the shift from Jason Sudekis to Jim Carey to play Biden. Very disappointed.
    Technically it's Sudekis to Woody Harrelson to Carey, but I'm with you. I like Carey, but you're only going to see Jim Carey being Jim Carey.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

SNL continues to absolutely nail these.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I live in Baltimore. That's more of an old-school Baltimore accent rather than PA (though the Wawa and hoagie ones are spot-on).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I live in Baltimore. That's more of an old-school Baltimore accent rather than PA (though the Wawa and hoagie ones are spot-on).
    Gotta admit, this had me in stiches. I'm a faithful watcher of these HBO series as well. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? I didn't know that. I always think that's how all people from PA talk.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah. "wooder" for water, "zink" for sink, "door-dur" for daughter. It's very 1950s/60s Baltimore. My grandma is a prime example.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's fantastic! I find that stuff so interesting. Being from Connecticut, I battle the stereotype that we all sound like we are from Boston. In reality, people in CT don't have any kind of accent, at least not anything really noticeable like Boston. We are in between 2 states with very distinct accents with New York being to the south of us.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's fantastic! I find that stuff so interesting. Being from Connecticut, I battle the stereotype that we all sound like we are from Boston. In reality, people in CT don't have any kind of accent, at least not anything really noticeable like Boston. We are in between 2 states with very distinct accents with New York being to the south of us.
    Very true. If anything, I suppose folks from CT have more of a NY accent. lol You would not believe how many folks think I have a "Boston" accent in, Arizona. Of course, I lived the bulk of my life in NY. People here have no idea whatsoever. I suppose geography is to blame, but man!!! LOL Also, for the record, it seems that no one from west of the Missisippi knows how to serve a freaking "Hot Dog" from a street vendor!!! I got one with saurkraut and it was cold!!! I told the guy. "Look at the can, it says heat before serving"!! lol Kinda the same with, Pizza. no one folds it in half out here. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There are a few towns down near NY where you can hear the accent a bit.

Country
    Country Flag

That's interesting. I've never really heard of a CT accent either, so maybe it's a case of people coming from a heavily-accented place (Boston, New York, etc.) and noticing an absence of an accent in CT. The only stereotype of CT I know is the whole Westport rich people thing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's interesting. I've never really heard of a CT accent either, so maybe it's a case of people coming from a heavily-accented place (Boston, New York, etc.) and noticing an absence of an accent in CT. The only stereotype of CT I know is the whole Westport rich people thing.
    Yeah, we get that a lot. That everyone in CT rich. There are certainly a lot of rich people here, but there are some really impoverished areas too. Sometimes right down the street from million-dollar mansions.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

They brought him back.

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

The gift that keeps on giving!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast