Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh no, Vanessa Bayer has left SNL! She was one of my favorite members! And Bobby too? Fuck...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I saw that this afternoon. I liked them both (Vanessa more). The people I like keep leaving.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And apparently Sasheer Zamata, too. Man, there's gonna lots of fresh faces next season...

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bayer was a staple, but I was never really a fan. She seemed to do the same voice for every character.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    And apparently Sasheer Zamata, too.
    She literally didn't have one single funny line ever.

Country
    Country Flag

http://time.com/4958310/saturday-night-live-cast-2017/
    After dominating the 2017 Emmy Awards, Saturday Night Live is returning for its 43rd season with some brand new faces.

Comedians Heidi Gardner, Chris Redd, and Luke Null will join the iconic sketch show as featured players, the show announced Tuesday. The three newcomers will fill spots left vacant by Sasheer Zamata, Bobby Moynihan and Vanessa Bayer after the 42nd season. You can get a feel for each of them below.

The show's Sept. 30 premiere will be in the capable hands of host Ryan Gosling and the musical guest is just as splashy: Jay-Z.

Heidi Gardner

A regular on the popular Comedy Bang! Bang! podcast, Gardner will bring her impressive vocal work to the show. Like many SNL cast members, Gardner honed her craft at the Groundlings in Los Angeles.

Chris Redd

This stand-up comic may be the most recognizable: You may have caught him when he played Hunter, a scene-stealer in the 2016 Andy Samberg comedy Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping. See his Comedy Central stand up special Trapped in Atlanta to get a feel for his laidback style.

Luke Null

Null's a guitar-strumming musical comedian out of the distinguished improv company iO Chicago. He can really sing! Sometimes about Clay Aiken! Or Ryan Seacrest!

Nimesh Patel, Gary Richardson, Claire Friedman, Sam Jay, Erik Marino, Andrew Dismukes, and Steven Castillo will join the writing staff.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the premiere was okay, nothing spectacular. Ryan Gosling just can't keep a straight face, the doofus. This week should be fun:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the premiere was okay, nothing spectacular. Ryan Gosling just can't keep a straight face, the doofus. This week should be fun:
    You take that back!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That was fantastic! I know there are some people that give SNL a hard time for how many pre-taped sketches they do now as opposed to live sketches, but when they are that good, nobody should have a problem with it.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't watch live, but surprise sketches like that make me wish I had. That was great (and really clever).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Brilliant!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

SNL is an American institution and will never be canceled. At least, I hope so. It's now in its 42nd season (just started October 1) and already we've had some great sketches. There was some discussion in the "General" thread, so in order not to hog that one too much, I thought a dedicated SNL thread was certainly warranted.

I know a lot of people think it's not as funny anymore, and maybe that's true, but it's one of those things you have to watch. For me, anyway. The best sketch of the season (and one of the best of all time, in my humble opinion) is David S. Pumpkins, which is just too silly for words, and that music, man!

Any questions?
    http://www.vulture.com/2017/10/david...l-history.html
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting. I always love to see the process. I wonder if Bobby will come back on this week. That would be a nice surprise.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Love Larry David. I never watch SNL but I need to try to remember to catch it this week.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bobby Moynihan's new show, Me, Myself and I, or as I call it the show with the worst casting ever made, has been cancelled. I'm wondering if Bobby is wishing he never left SNL.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That episode was pretty brutal. I know a lot of actors and actresses, but I have never heard of Tiffany Haddish. That's not easy to do.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    That episode was pretty brutal. I know a lot of actors and actresses, but I have never heard of Tiffany Haddish. That's not easy to do.
    She's a comedian, albeit a no so funny one. The really touted the fact that she was the first African American comedian to host SNL. I couldn't believe the Whoopie Goldberg and Wanda Sykes had never hosted, but when I checked I found it was true. Poor show though.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    She's a comedian, albeit a no so funny one. The really touted the fact that she was the first African American comedian to host SNL. I couldn't believe the Whoopie Goldberg and Wanda Sykes had never hosted, but when I checked I found it was true. Poor show though.
    Comedian, huh? I love standup comedy and listen to the standup comedy channels on Sirius XM and I've never heard her. I also like to watch standup specials on Comedy Central. I'm not sure how I missed her all these years.

Country
    Country Flag

Did you watch The Carmichael Show? She was on that. And pretty funny, too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Did you watch The Carmichael Show? She was on that. And pretty funny, too.
    No, but my sister told me she was on there. Even if I watched, I might have recognized her, but I doubt I would have taken note of her name. I was very surprised to see her hosting SNL.

Country
    Country Flag

Girls Trip was a huge hit this summer.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Girls Trip was a huge hit this summer.
    Yeah, I remember the film. I thought the trailer looked terrible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast