Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Night Live

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Some thoughts on David Chappelle's recent SNL monolog? Not trying to be intentionally provocative, but I'd like to hear reactions to some of the controversy I am reading.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I would like to answer this but I don't want a fight so I will let someone else go first.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope this does not happen, SNL is an American institution and should continue indefinitely:

https://www.newsweek.com/snl-kenan-t...chaels-1729483
    Saturday Night Live has been on air since 1975, but recent comments from stars who work on the show have suggested that the sketch comedy variety series could be coming to an end in the next few years.

Actor Kenan Thompson and creator Lorne Michaels have both stated in recent interviews that the show, which will air its 48th season later this year, could end after its 50th installment.

SNL has featured stars like Pete Davidson, Steve Martin, Dan Aykroyd, Tina Fey and Adam Sandler in its cast, as well as boasting superstar hosts such as Kim Kardashian, Donald Glover and Emma Stone.

So will SNL's 50th season be its last? Newsweek has everything you need to know about what's been said about SNL ending.

Kenan & Kel star Thompson, who is currently SNL's longest-running cast member, recently said that Season 50 might be "a good number to stop at."

Thompson made the comments on Comedy Central's Hell of a Week with Charlamagne Tha God when host Charlamagne informed him of the rumor about SNL ending after its 50th season.

The rumor stems from SNL creator and executive producer Michaels' 2021 interview with Gayle King on CBS Morning. During the interview, Michaels, 77, confirmed he would stay on the show until its 50th anniversary. "I'd like to see that through and I have a feeling that would be a really good time to leave," he said.

Speaking with Charlamagne about these comments, Thompson said: "Is that the rumor? OK, well I need to start planning.

"There could be a lot of validity to that rumor because 50 is a good number to stop at. It's an incredible package."

Aside from a five-year period from 1980-85, Michaels has been running SNL since its launch in 1975. He also executive produces late-night shows The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and Late Night with Seth Meyers—both hosted by former Saturday Night Live stars.

Continuing to discuss Michaels' influence on the show, Thompson wouldn't say that the show couldn't continue without him, but said Michaels' departure would open up an "opportunity for a lot of bull**** to come into the game."

"[Michaels] is such a legend that he keeps off those corporate wolves if you will," Thompson said. "They spend a lot of money on that show every week, it's an expensive show but it's a one of a kind thing."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I would like to answer this but I don't want a fight so I will let someone else go first.
    And therein lies the problem with comedy these days. Everyone is afraid to offend someone else - me included.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haven't watched SNL for many years so if it goes away, I won't miss it. As for Chappelle, I guess I am in the minority. I've never found him to be the least bit funny.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the anonymous rep comment asshole.

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    And therein lies the problem with comedy these days. Everyone is afraid to offend someone else - me included.
    I so miss Don Rickles.
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Country
    Country Flag

All episodes are now streaming on Peacock. So I'm toying with the idea of a project to watch every episode from Season 1 until now

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    All episodes are now streaming on Peacock. So I'm toying with the idea of a project to watch every episode from Season 1 until now
    Apparently that's not correct. A lot of the episodes are missing the musical performances and sketches. Some episodes are as short as nine minutes!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

NBC has always kept tight control of those old episodes. I remember one with Heather Locklear and Mike Myers where she plays a racist spokesperson for some product and keeps saying offensive things and smiling while angry callers call in. It's a funny sketch but can't find it.

Country
    Country Flag

NBC has always kept tight control of those old episodes. I remember one with Heather Locklear and Mike Myers where she plays a racist spokesperson for some product and keeps saying offensive things and smiling while angry callers call in. It's a funny sketch but can't find it.
    Here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/LiveFromNew...t_the_quality/

Here it is: https://www.reddit.com/r/LiveFromNew...t_the_quality/
    "Are your directions easy to follow or are they just another scam like the Holocaust?"
    I have not seen that full sketch in decades, you're good, Mae! THanks!

Country
    Country Flag

And just getting back to the rumors of SNL ending after the 50th season, again I honestly believe it's an iconic American television institution like The Tonight Show or Meet the Press. It should not be canceled. Also, SNL's next episode will be its 937th. That means if it airs its usual 20-21 episode seasons, it will hit episode 1,000 in its 51st season. No way would NBC not want to get to that.

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This song gets stuck in my head all the damn time.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That was pretty funny.

Country
    Country Flag

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/sat...on-1235736072/
    NBC is ready to open the 49th season of “Saturday Night Live,” pushed back just a week or two from when the series might normally launch in the fall.

After being shut down in May by the Hollywood writers strike, “SNL” will return on October 14, marking the first of three consecutive weeks of original broadcasts, NBC said in an announcement Wednesday. Ice Spice will serve as musical guest. Davidson had been scheduled to host the show last season, before the strike forced “SNL” to go dark. Bad Bunny will host and perform on Oct. 21.

The entire cast is set to return, with a single addition: Chloe Troast, who has performed with the writer trio that makes up SNL’s “Please Don’t Destroy,” joins as a featured player. NBC did not say whether any of the current group of featured players, which include Sarah Sherman and James Austin Johnson, had been promoted to the main cast.

As more TV viewers migrate to streaming services to watch their favorite scripted dramas and comedies on demand, “SNL” has taken on new importance for NBC. Once relegated to airing after the late local news in a time slot network executives didn’t consider paramount, the program now runs live across the U.S. all at once, meaning that it runs in primetime in certain parts of the country. The show is one of the most-watched entertainment programs on TV among viewers between 18 and 49, the demographic most preferred by advertisers.

NBCUniversal has already started negotiating with advertisers for sponsorships tied to the landmark 50th season of “SNL,” slated to debut in the fall of 2024. In March, “SNL” executive producer Lorne Michaels made a presentation in Studio 8H, the show’s longtime home at NBC’s New York headquarters, to around 100 advertisers about what to expect as the anniversary draws near. NBC plans a series of retrospectives around “SNL” as well as at least one documentary about the program.

“Saturday Night Live” generated approximately $74,7 million dollars in ad sales in 2022, according to Vivvix, a tracker of ad spending. That figure represents a 12% dip from the nearly $85.3 million “SNL” generated in 2021.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

That made me laugh this morning, thanks for posting…….
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast