Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hearts in Atlantis novella to be adapted to film

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Default Hearts in Atlantis novella to be adapted to film

British director Johannes Roberts is re-teaming with production and finance outfit The Fyzz Facility for coming-of-age drama “Hearts,” an adaptation of Stephen King’s critically acclaimed novella “Hearts in Atlantis.”

Set in 1966, “Hearts” is a bittersweet coming-of-age story about a group of college boys and their first time away from home, their obsession and self-destruction, and what it means to be an adult in a world where, in the face of a devastating war no one understands, adults can no longer be trusted.

Roberts adapted the story with his regular writing partner, Ernest Riera. The pair has recently come off of horror film “The Other Side Of The Door,” starring Sarah Wayne Callies and released worldwide by 20th Century Fox, and shark thriller “47 Meters Down,” starring Mandy Moore, which marked Roberts’ first collaboration with The Fyzz Facility. “47 Meters Down”is scheduled for U.S. release through Entertainment Freestyle in 2017.

>>> Read more

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I've never really viewed this book as a collection of stories. I've always looked at it as one long story that spans several decades. This outta confuse the hell out of the general public who have never read the book but saw the first movie though.

This has been my favorite SK book since I read it and this story was always my favorite one in the book. I'm looking forward to seeing it and as always, hoping they don't screw it up.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great news, thanks! To me, the book was always a collection, especially as it collected a previously published story, albeit heavily revised.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait, a new Mandy Moore movie!!! Where she may be in a bikini!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

+ Reply to Thread