Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Westworld on HBO *Spoilers!*

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ One would think that with the progression of the show so far that unless they have something else up their sleeve (coupled with another disappointing 8 episodes) this should be the final season. Likely it would feature a rag tag group of humans still alive trying to take back the world IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    ^ One would think that with the progression of the show so far that unless they have something else up their sleeve (coupled with another disappointing 8 episodes) this should be the final season. Likely it would feature a rag tag group of humans still alive trying to take back the world IMHO
    I thought I read somewhere 5 seasons was what they had in mind. Someone on the last page posted it was renewed for a 4th season.

I remember reading a rumor that this futuristic season is a simulation within the Westworld world. Meaning, they aren't in the real world...yet. We will see
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I thought I read somewhere 5 seasons was what they had in mind. Someone on the last page posted it was renewed for a 4th season.

I remember reading a rumor that this futuristic season is a simulation within the Westworld world. Meaning, they aren't in the real world...yet. We will see
    Yeah, I could see that. In fact, the idea was germinating in the back of my mind around the 2nd or 3rd episode.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well the season finale was interesting. It certainly doesn't seem that this was just a simulation of the real world. It also seems a little hard to believe that one company could really control things (super-intelligent AI or not) like Incite did or that the world would fall into so much chaos just from being notified of this control.

There were some big deaths in the finale but obviously we will still see the characters in some form (especially for the MIB.) Hopefully it doesn't take another two years to find out.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Well the season finale was interesting. It certainly doesn't seem that this was just a simulation of the real world. It also seems a little hard to believe that one company could really control things (super-intelligent AI or not) like Incite did or that the world would fall into so much chaos just from being notified of this control.

There were some big deaths in the finale but obviously we will still see the characters in some form (especially for the MIB.) Hopefully it doesn't take another two years to find out.
    I enjoyed it but felt there were some loose ends. What was the purpose of resurrecting Clementine and Hanaryo for a glimpse of the second to last episode and then poof, gone. Lawrence was basically a 5 second currier.
    I don't know. I know a vast amount of people aren't up to standards in the real world, but for the world to fall apart because people learned the truth about themselves seems silly no? Then again, people today were drinking cleaning chemicals, poisoning themselves for cleaning too much, and not being able to cope sitting inside for some time, so I guess the anarchy in the show makes sense .
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post

I enjoyed it but felt there were some loose ends. What was the purpose of resurrecting Clementine and Hanaryo for a glimpse of the second to last episode and then poof, gone. Lawrence was basically a 5 second currier.
    I don't know. I know a vast amount of people aren't up to standards in the real world, but for the world to fall apart because people learned the truth about themselves seems silly no? Then again, people today were drinking cleaning chemicals, poisoning themselves for cleaning too much, and not being able to cope sitting inside for some time, so I guess the anarchy in the show makes sense .
    It may be important to remember that some sort of disaster/incident occurred that drastically reduced the population and perhaps even the livable area in the world as they know it. It was hinted at several times, but never really explained. That incident plus the limited population makes "Incite" a little more plausible and the subsequent chaos as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Season 3 was good, but the show will never come close to season 1.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    TOTALLY AGREE. I still have not finished watching this season I find it so BLAH. hard to follow... almost pointless.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I went back and re-watched the last 3 episodes and things seemed a little more clear. It got a little "wooly" there for a bit, but it still is a great sci-fi in my mind. I can't wait to see what they have in store for the next season. This show is definitely not something for small minds that's for sure. I still think they did an amazing job working a new basis for show from the original film content!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    TOTALLY AGREE. I still have not finished watching this season I find it so BLAH. hard to follow... almost pointless.
    Honestly, I almost feel the show would have been better off just focusing on other themed parks. Yes, some of the themes and stories might end up feeling the same, but I really like the fantastical part of the parks. I really enjoyed the World War II scenes. I don't know, maybe that's just me. I'm not opposed to showing the real world, but it ends up feeling fairly derivative.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished S3 last night... boy this season was an absolute mess. Disaster might be too strong a word but it doesn't miss it by much.

Unfocused plot, overuse of macguffins, lame sidequest episodes, wasting Aaron Paul.

I used to really look forward to new seasons but I honestly could not care less about S4 now.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Just finished S3 last night... boy this season was an absolute mess. Disaster might be too strong a word but it doesn't miss it by much.

Unfocused plot, overuse of macguffins, lame sidequest episodes, wasting Aaron Paul.

I used to really look forward to new seasons but I honestly could not care less about S4 now.
    Yeah, I kinda felt the same way. My favorite parts were the WWII parts. I would have loved just that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Any word on wether or not this show will be back anytime soon?

Billions is back 9/5!!! My birthday!!! Yeah, baby!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good news indeed!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The first season was truly special. In hindsight, I feel I would have preferred for them to tell a new story each season with new characters. Seeing a different park would have been interesting. Yes, it may have felt repetitive with the AI learning what they really are etc., but I would take it over what we have gotten since.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, unless the trailer for S4 just completely floors me, or if I read rave reviews, I probably won't be watching this week-to-week. I'll wait until all episodes are finished and then watch them when I have nothing else to watch.

There's just too much good television right now, don't want to spend my Sundays tuning in if its going to be as middling as S3 was.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice. I feel like the show - although still a very entertaining one - has been losing steam season after season. If S4 can reach similar heights to the excellent S1 and not the just OK S2/S3, I'll be very happy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm actually not even sure if I finished S3?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

In depth explanation of Season 3. Some things are repeated a few times in this video, but it goes through each characters storyline separately.

"That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Confused

Thoughts on first episode? It's 7 years later. It was OK.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly had no idea Ep 1 had premiered already. Guess that shows my hype level

I'll get to it over the long weekend. Maybe I'll even wait til Monday morning so I can catch the first two ep's back to back.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly had no idea Ep 1 had premiered already. Guess that shows my hype level

I'll get to it over the long weekend. Maybe I'll even wait til Monday morning so I can catch the first two ep's back to back.
    I'm not sure I've ever seen a show lose steam as fast as Westworld. I think if they could do things over, they would have taken a drastically different crack at season 2, which was a masterpiece compared to season 3. I fear the show has strayed too far from what made it great and that was this detailed, artificial world that was created.

My Mood
    Confused

I'm not sure I've ever seen a show lose steam as fast as Westworld. I think if they could do things over, they would have taken a drastically different crack at season 2, which was a masterpiece compared to season 3. I fear the show has strayed too far from what made it great and that was this detailed, artificial world that was created.
    I felt what would have been great at the end of season 2 would have been the AIs that have transcended and remembered everything "escaped" and then woke up back in Westworld. All that work, all the push, to end up back where they "should" be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast