Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Westworld on HBO *Spoilers!*

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

No one talking about the first episode?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I've only seen the first half of it so far. Liking what I'm seeing, though.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was a rather rousing start to yet another great season of Sci-Fi!!! Dolores is on the rise again!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The "previously on" part made me realize how much of season two I forgot. For example, I totally forgot that the corporate woman had been turned into a "robot."

The episode was great. The first scene was a great example of why you don't want your entire household controlled by a computer like Amazon and others are working towards.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I just finally got around to season 2. It was a bit meh for me. I was also really bummed that they killed off Teddy

Watched episode 1 of season 3, and wasn't a fan. I don't care for the futuristic look. But based on the previews this thankfully doesn't look like how the whole season will be, so I'll keep watching for a bit.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting episode last night!!!! Show has a lot of potential!!! Can't wait for, Sunday!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Yea. I liked last nights episode. I am really excited to where they take this.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Yes!!! Obviously, humanity has created a computer program of some sort that governs modern society. It's a very cool and interesting turn of events. The first two episodes have shown me I need to go back and watch at least the last 3 of season II. How about you?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I might check them out as a refresher. But they are making the world bigger, which I love.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Season 2 I enjoyed, and as funny as this will sound, I felt it was a bit farfetched. You have dozens or hundreds of trained military on site to "tame" the uprising and they got slaughtered by AI's. Regardless, I still enjoyed season 2 but nowhere near as much as season 1. As for this new season, thus far I feel it is very interesting. Dolores is out for blood and to destroy humanity with whomever she brought with her. Teddy is obvious, but who else? Bernard is looking for Maeve and will team up with her at some point to bring down the bad Dolores. I like the premise, but is that really it? The AI's are self-aware and are turning into humans?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Season 2 I enjoyed, and as funny as this will sound, I felt it was a bit farfetched. You have dozens or hundreds of trained military on site to "tame" the uprising and they got slaughtered by AI's. Regardless, I still enjoyed season 2 but nowhere near as much as season 1. As for this new season, thus far I feel it is very interesting. Dolores is out for blood and to destroy humanity with whomever she brought with her. Teddy is obvious, but who else? Bernard is looking for Maeve and will team up with her at some point to bring down the bad Dolores. I like the premise, but is that really it? The AI's are self-aware and are turning into humans?
    The former CEO of Delos is working for, Dolores now, my friend. She is here secret weapon vs humanity is my educated guess.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Confused

So far, after getting passed the first couple of episodes, the 3rd and 4th episodes have been fantastic. We are seeing alliances of characters with humans and AI's and seeing some of the crazy storylines unfold. I'm disappointed with what I saw the William and I am hoping his story changes. Overall I have loved what I have seen so far and the music is unbelievable. The string instruments have been awesome. I remember before the show started the creators had a vision of 5-6 seasons I believe. I was reading how much people are in love with Lisa Joy and Jonathon Nolan's creative genius. They also were curious how they would have written for the Game of Thrones show lol.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm enjoying the season. It's really slick. I must admit, I have a hard time keeping everything straight though and I never have trouble with that stuff.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm enjoying the season. It's really slick. I must admit, I have a hard time keeping everything straight though and I never have trouble with that stuff.
    I think after the 4th episode we are now on the straight forward. We see the alliances and who is who.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I thought the concept of the genre drug -- and how they depicted it -- was terrific.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I thought the concept of the genre drug -- and how they depicted it -- was terrific.

Space Oddity!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Space Oddity!!!!
    Plus the music from The Shining, and other cues.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Space Oddity!!!!
    Plus the music from The Shining, and other cues.
    I thought about Apocalypse Now and The Shining when he was tripping.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This show just keeps getting darker. In this episode, a robot that starts to care for the family of the dead woman she replaced in an attempt to attack all mankind, is said to be a more caring parent than the real women, and only manages to get the family killed anyway. Meanwhile, the rich nut that said robot put in an asylum, admits to killing his own daughter but isn't heard because his therapist is planning her own suicide due to her husband taking her kids because of a global data leak caused by the robots. Then the nut is left in a simulation forcing him to face his past selves and decides the best thing to do is to kill them all. I can't wait for the Christmas special.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This show... hmmmm... convoluted a bit... hard to follow... Im a little dissapointed this season.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They have been jumping around on story lines mixed with some back story, but the base conflict id Dolores and Charlotte vs Serac and Maeve. Maeve may have a card up her sleeve and Charlotte appears at times to have a "glitch". William (MIB) is still a wild card in my opinion. Though I won't hold out the possibility that he is a robot he still seems to be human and they're fucking with him. Though exactly why I am unsure of as he was all ready to be Dolores' man in the Board meeting. My reason for believing he is human is his injuries which one would think do not have to be replicated if he's been converted to a robot. However, that could go either way. There's certainly grounds for, Dolores to want to torture him as much as possible much as in the same manner he tortured, Delos.

One thing I am having difficulty understanding is, Serac's need for the, Delos data or encryption key. If his system has accumulated enough data to chart out the future of the remaining human world what does he need the Delos data for? It would seem to be a much smaller database amassed from only the rich and well to do populace. Unless that is exactly why it is important, but in my mind that has yet to be revealed. Yeah, its not your average Sci-Fi, but its still compelling enough to me to keep watching. maybe a little more discussion in the thread from members with differing perspectives would help. I'm still enjoying the shit out of it if for no other reason than the cinematography, production values and FX!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Don't get me wrong, I like this show. It just seems that the misery gets poured on a little thick. But hey, they agree with at least one thing I do: don't trust tech and especially don't trust those behind it.

As to your question, maybe he doesn't want the data on the people maybe he wants it on the robots? Maybe he can't quite replicate people in robot form like they can. Then again, why would he burn all of Delos tech and delete their data? So, I quess I have no clue what he wants.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like this show. It just seems that the misery gets poured on a little thick. But hey, they agree with at least one thing I do: don't trust tech and especially don't trust those behind it.

As to your question, maybe he doesn't want the data on the people maybe he wants it on the robots? Maybe he can't quite replicate people in robot form like they can. Then again, why would he burn all of Delos tech and delete their data? So, I guess I have no clue what he wants.
    Well, yeah especially since they've been chasing the encryption key since last season which unlocks all the Delos data DL'ed (or UL I get confused LOL) into Dolores's Dad' head. Whether you realize it or not you may have actually stated the reason he wants the data because they are the only ones who have been able to transfer human conciousness into a host thereby granting immortality. I forgot about that whole "Delos" experiment!! Dumb fuck that I am. yeah, i think you hit on it, Rube!! That's what he must be after.

To your first statement, yes the writer's have a very dark view of humanity. Obviously, you can see that in the fact that they have painted, Dolores as the "hero" and she's a robot looking to eliminate humanity altogether and replace them with a society comprised of former "hosts". BTW I'm still not sure how she plans to guide them or instill independent thinking like she has gained by going through the maze and killing her maker. It would seem awful difficult to emulate that sequence en masse. lol Though, Maeve kinda did that or is in the process of completing it by accident and on her own. If i recall from season one that "conversion" is the ability to have a sense of self, right?

So, what do you think about, William? Human or Robot right now?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post

As to your question, maybe he doesn't want the data on the people maybe he wants it on the robots? Maybe he can't quite replicate people in robot form like they can. Then again, why would he burn all of Delos tech and delete their data? So, I quess I have no clue what he wants.
    Didn't he mention he wanted the data to delete the data? If it is worth a trillion dollars, why delete the data? That doesn't make sense to me unless he has something else up his sleeve. The data is from all the rich from the park, but what is the purpose of purchasing it to destroy it? Does he hate technology then? I don't think so since he created a world where people don't know their true selves. Now that they are learning who they really are, from Dolores, they don't like themselves lol. The show is jumping around some, but I truly enjoy it and love the music. I'm pissed this season is only 8 episodes....WTF

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast