Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Murder of Stephen King

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Murder of Stephen King

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...est-thril.html
    Notoriously prolific author James Patterson announced in June a new publishing imprint called BookShots, which focuses on short, 150-page novels meant to be read in a single sitting.

The latest BookShots thriller from Patterson is eye-catchingly titled The Murder of Stephen King. The book follows a “a fictional Stephen King character” whose stalker is recreating the horrific events from King’s books.

Patterson said of the book in a press release:

I’ve been a Stephen King fan for many years, and writing this book gave me the opportunity explore what happens when an author’s own novels put him in danger. The story is entirely fictitious, and a product of my imagination. Readers will be surprised by the outcome, and I hope that my fans – and all mystery fans alike – will enjoy it.

The release didn’t provide a quote from King himself and as of this writing, he has yet to post about the forthcoming book on his social media, so it’s unclear how much involvement, if any, he had in the novel. It may be important to note that King has been rather critical of Patterson in the past, saying he’s “a terrible writer but he’s very successful.” Patterson once responded to King’s criticisms by telling The Wall Street Journal, “I read his stuff. I like breaking his balls by saying positive things about him,” so maybe this is another way of riling King up.

The Murder of Stephen King will be released on Nov. 1 for just $3.99 in trade paperback, e-book, and audiobook.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's really sad what hack writers will do to sell a book.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think money is a problem for Patterson. He makes King look like a penniless hobo. Also, King has had something like this coming. He's not too shy when it comes to crapping on other writers.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I don't think money is a problem for Patterson. He makes King look like a penniless hobo. Also, King has had something like this coming. He's not too shy when it comes to crapping on other writers.
    When King did that, he was usually right. Just like his tweets about Trump and LePage. Patterson is probably just bitter and jealous...he's nothing compared to the King!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoy Patterson now and again.

Back when I was still in N.Y. his books were considered good "Beach Books" lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I used to like Patterson's old stuff - the books he actually wrote. Most of his new stuff is crap IMHO, although I have read 2 of the NYPD Red series and those were okay.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Dumb. Did he write it, or "write" it with 3 other people doing the research and typing?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...N_KING?SITE=AP
    A new novel from James Patterson has a title that calls for a disclaimer and a spoiler alert: "The Murder of Stephen King."

"A work of fiction," readers are assured. "All incidents and dialogue, and all characters with the exception of Stephen and Tabitha King, are products of the author's imagination and are not to be construed as real."

And, yes, the story has a happy ending.

But still, that title.

"I think it's a good title," Patterson told The Associated Press during a recent telephone interview. "It's exactly what the book is."

Not exactly - the murder is only attempted.

"I guess we could have put in 'attempted,'" he added.

Patterson's 150-page book, which comes out Nov. 1, tells of an obsessed fan out to get King and of the detective (who happens to be named Jamie Peterson) trying to save him. The novel is part of his "BookShots" series of "pulse-pounding thrillers under $5 and 150 pages or less." The prolific Patterson, who averages several best-sellers a year and openly works with co-authors, collaborated with Derek Nikitas on the King story.

Other fiction writers have imagined - or least suggested - the demise of a public figure. Hilary Mantel's short story "The Assassination of Margaret Thatcher: August 6th 1983" came out in 2014, after the former British Prime Minister had died. Rush Limbaugh and other conservatives were angered by Nicholson Baker's 2004 novel "Checkpoint," in which an opponent of the Iraq War considers killing then-President George W. Bush and a friend tries to dissuade him.

King, through an assistant, declined comment on Patterson's book, but confirmed he has received an advance copy.

In "The Murder of Stephen King," the villain's motive is explained at the start: "He'll write a tell-all book from his prison cell and be crowned the new King of Horror. All the readers will scream: The King is dead; long live the King!" Patterson says the novel is clearly a homage to the author, with praise for his work and for King. He notes that King has included crazed readers in his books, notably in "Misery," and that Patterson has encountered his own share of "buzzing pests" and "scary kooks."

Patterson says he doesn't know King, although he has heard he's a "neat guy." The book is entirely imagined, down to the King household, as seen by Detective Peterson.

"Classic images come to mind: killer clowns whispering from inside sewer drains, teenage vampires scraping their claws on your bedroom window, creepy twins in a hotel hallway, rabid dogs and undead cats and crazed prom queens drenched in pig's blood. I'm about to meet the guy whose head it all spilled out of," Patterson and Nikitas wrote.

"But Steve King's pushing seventy these days, clean-shaven with backswept gray hair. He sits at the kitchen table, so engrossed in a book that his nose is practically touching the pages. His long upper lip gives him a harmless, almost rabbitlike appearance."

While Patterson speaks warmly of King, King has not returned the compliments in the past. In a 2009 interview with USA Weekend, he said Patterson was "a terrible writer but he's very successful." Speaking to the AP, Patterson is dismissive of King's remarks, calling them "hyperbole," in the style of Donald Trump.

"I know I'm not a terrible writer," Patterson says. "That's a little over the top."

Patterson said those who know about his book have not objected to the title, and that some have even found it funny.

And what if King were to write a novel called "The Murder of James Patterson"?

"If Stephen King wrote it," he said, "I would definitely want to read it."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not having read the book, I think it's a great idea.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That will really feed into King's paranoia about his fans.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if there will be television ads.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

I don't know how accurate this is. But you are right. A lot more millions than King.

James Patterson · Net worth
    $470 million USD
    (2016)

Stephen King
    $400 million USD (2016)

John Grisham
    $220 million USD (2016)

David Baldacci
    $45 million USD (2016)

Patricia Cornwell
    $15 million USD (2016)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He is always #1 at the Forbes top writers fortune, WAY above King. But then, he has a LOT more books being published every year, many of which he "cowrites"
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It sounds kind of interesting, but I'm not sure it would be for me. I wonder how King feels about it

John F. Kennedy Ebdim9th is on a distinguished road

King already touches on this possibility by putting himself as a character into the series for which this website and forum is named ... Patterson's pretty late to the party.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ebdim9th View Post
    King already touches on this possibility by putting himself as a character into the series for which this website and forum is named ... Patterson's pretty late to the party.
    Late doesn't mean it doesn't have the possibility of being interesting.
    We have a thread for it, so it's intriguing.

The Movie "You Can't Kill Stephen King" was terrible....but so bad as to be good.

Ive never read James Patterson, not sure if I should spend the time and money. There was a movie that never got finished called Bring Me the Head of Lance Henriksen but I've never heard of You Can't Kill Stephen King. Btw, greetings, long time no see...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Co-writing a 140p book, means... that he gave the title and idea, then put his name on it?
    At least, RL Stine writes entirely 140p stories
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

If a writer gets to a place where every book is co-authored, maybe it's time to hang up his/her professional writer's hat?

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ebdim9th View Post
    If a writer gets to a place where every book is co-authored, maybe it's time to hang up his/her professional writer's hat?
    It seems to be working pretty well for him if he has made $500 million. I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

actually Patterson's a favorite of mine and i have to disagree about his recent stuff being shit. Now I see her i think the name of it is? i read last year and that book is about 5 years old that's the most recent one i read of his and i fucking loved it. I may love SK as writer as well but i'm really surprised no author has done this before to be honest. if it's done well and i'm not saying it will be as i haven't read it yet it won't bother me. though i don't get why Patterson doesn't write his own stuff anymore outside of his Alex Cross Novels that is. i don't mind if he does work with other authors but he does it far far too damn often and i wonder how much of it he actually writes anyways?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    actually Patterson's a favorite of mine and i have to disagree about his recent stuff being shit. Now I see her i think the name of it is? i read last year and that book is about 5 years old that's the most recent one i read of his and i fucking loved it. I may love SK as writer as well but i'm really surprised no author has done this before to be honest. if it's done well and i'm not saying it will be as i haven't read it yet it won't bother me. though i don't get why Patterson doesn't write his own stuff anymore outside of his Alex Cross Novels that is. i don't mind if he does work with other authors but he does it far far too damn often and i wonder how much of it he actually writes anyways?
    Ad campaign right in the title!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Yeah, RichardX, I don't expect Patterson to hang it up, it just seems as though he should ... either that or go stay at a monastery somewhere for awhile and get his writing mojo back ....

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i do find it really odd that he would do this though. but i do agree that he needs to go back to actually writing his actual fucking books. i mean come on he works with more authors than any author than i can think of!

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CANCELED:

‘Murder of Stephen King’ Pulled By Author James Patterson

Author James Patterson is canceling the release of what was supposed to be his next novel, “The Murder of Stephen King.”

According to the Associated Press, the author released a statement through Little, Brown and Company explaining that he didn’t want to cause Stephen King or his family any trouble.
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast