View Poll Results: Please choose one

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Psy - Gangnam Style

12 54.55%
  • Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass

10 45.45%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Music - Playoffs Round 1: 2010-2014 (Bracket 7 of 8)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Great Music - Playoffs Round 1: 2010-2014 (Bracket 7 of 8)

For this playoffs poll, please choose one track to move on to the next round.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do listen to each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a track well, it's still worth giving it a listen for a refresher.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Psy - Gangnam Style (2012)

Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass (2014)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Gangnam Style is still in the competition?! The Meghan Trainor song isn't good either, but I had to vote against Gangnam Style.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I adore "Gangnam Style". I can play it on repeat endlessly, even now, years after the hype died down. Such an electric track.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gangnam is a pain in the head! At least Meghan Trainor has a positive message too give...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

All About That Bass
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Two bad choices.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Two bad choices.
    What? Two very fun songs!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hate both with a passion

can't vote this bracket, will have to sit out

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You could always vote against Gangham Style so it doesn't move on any further

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

that's what I've been thinking of doing, yes

I think I'll stop thinking and just do it

Country
    Country Flag

"Gangham" gonna go far, mark it.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have to agree with Jon and Jean - nothing to vote *for* here.
    But I do dislike Gangham style way more (yuck!), so "the bass" it is.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

I am stunned at all the hate for "Gangham". It's the perfect earworm.

Country
    Country Flag

it's hardly hate
    it's bewilderment bordering on stupefaction

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could listen to Psy - Gangnam Style (2012) like 100 times in a row, it's that peppy and catchy. Plus, I think the video is clever and fun. The other song, about booty, is also good and I would have voted for it against 90% of the other crap up for consideration.

Country
    Country Flag

"Gangnam Style" is only one of the most popular songs of all time:

http://mashable.com/2014/05/27/gangn...youtube-views/
    We now live in a world where Psy's 2012 mega-hit "Gangnam Style" has been watched 2 billion times — or almost six times the population of the United States.

Let those feelings of confusion, anger and pride wash over you.

The video sensation was uploaded to YouTube on July 15, 2012. It reached the one billion mark in December of that year. The song spent 31 weeks on Billboard's Hot 100 list, peaking at the number 2 spot. It spurred thousands of parodies and generated millions in advertising deals.

It also spent approximately three months stuck in just about every human being's head.

The video has far surpassed the second most popular YouTube video, Justin Bieber's "Baby," which currently boasts a measly 1 billion views. Just imagine the level of world domination that could occur if Bieber did K Pop.

Psy, meanwhile, can hardly be labeled a one-hit wonder. His other single "Gentleman" currently holds the title of seventh most popular YouTube video with 700 million views.

When Gangnam Style hit one billion views, YouTube trends manager Kevin Allocca attributed the video's success to "the universal appeal of catchy music."

No word on how the video has kept up its popularity since then, but we're guessing it has something to do with those timeless dance moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    it's hardly hate
    it's bewilderment bordering on stupefaction
    Ditto. Honestly I'm amazed by some of the songs in the competition. Then again, I think I have drastically different taste in music than the people here.

Country
    Country Flag

it's very much the same with bears

the only point where bears and people coincide is classic rock

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Well relax...I suspect the winner is NOT in this bracket!!!

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. "Gangnam Style" will face Fun feat. Janelle Monáe - We Are Young (2011) in the second round.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    "Gangnam Style" is only one of the most popular songs of all time:

http://mashable.com/2014/05/27/gangn...youtube-views/
    We now live in a world where Psy's 2012 mega-hit "Gangnam Style" has been watched 2 billion times — or almost six times the population of the United States.

Let those feelings of confusion, anger and pride wash over you.

The video sensation was uploaded to YouTube on July 15, 2012. It reached the one billion mark in December of that year. The song spent 31 weeks on Billboard's Hot 100 list, peaking at the number 2 spot. It spurred thousands of parodies and generated millions in advertising deals.

It also spent approximately three months stuck in just about every human being's head.

The video has far surpassed the second most popular YouTube video, Justin Bieber's "Baby," which currently boasts a measly 1 billion views. Just imagine the level of world domination that could occur if Bieber did K Pop.

Psy, meanwhile, can hardly be labeled a one-hit wonder. His other single "Gentleman" currently holds the title of seventh most popular YouTube video with 700 million views.

When Gangnam Style hit one billion views, YouTube trends manager Kevin Allocca attributed the video's success to "the universal appeal of catchy music."

No word on how the video has kept up its popularity since then, but we're guessing it has something to do with those timeless dance moves.
    I must wonder; had You Tube been available when they were released, what would have been the effect of: Stairway to Heaven, Hotel California ( Yes, GSD) Smoke on the Water ect.

*Snaps fingers...* Thrusts hips* "I'm Niki Minaj!"

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The poll has closed. "Gangnam Style" will face Fun feat. Janelle Monáe - We Are Young (2011) in the second round.
    I don't know that song (We Are Young), but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna vote for it...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

+ Reply to Thread