Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Haven Fundraiser Auction #1-Charlie The Choo-Choo

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2017 Haven Fundraiser Auction #1-Charlie The Choo-Choo

AUCTION LINK

For your consideration is an unsigned copy of Charlie The Choo Choo, by "Beryl Evans".

150 copies of this book were handed out at the 2016 San Diego Comic Convention. An actress was hired to pose as Beryl Evans and sign the books. The book is a promotional item for Sony's upcoming The Dark Tower movie.

This book is unsigned, and therefore in my opinion even more rare.
    This book was mailed to me by Sony Pictures in a bubble envelope mailer and has the most minor of bumps. To the naked eye they are almost imperceptible. Please check the high resolution pictures.
    Artwork in the book is by Ned Dameron, and the words in the book are directly from Stephen King's book "The Waste Lands-The Dark Tower III"

The winner will also receive the envelope that the book came in. Note: Some personal information will be obscured (blacked out with a marker).

As a bonus, the winner of the auction will receive a bookmark and a card from my site. See pics.

No reserve!

100% of the net proceeds of this auction go to

The Haven Foundation.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If a member here wins the auction and the final price is over $750, I will toss in a Charlie the Choo-Choo t-shirt (size small).

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish I had $$ right now!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If this stays the same, it will set a new low for Charlie The Choo-Choo sales on ebay...ouch!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If this stays the same, it will set a new low for Charlie The Choo-Choo sales on ebay...ouch!
    I think it will do well. If you followed the bidding on the previous copies I seem to recall a lot of very late bidding that really drove the prices up. Keep the faith!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I think it will do well. If you followed the bidding on the previous copies I seem to recall a lot of very late bidding that really drove the prices up. Keep the faith!
    We will. It's for the HF Fundraiser, so monetarily there is nothing to lose. I was simply pleased that a major Studio actually responded, and the book will undoubtedly sell for more than today's high bid of $410.
    Whether there were 200 or 500 printed, this isn't an item that 10 years from now will be found in NF+ condition for $500.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

With several days left to go, it's not doing bad at all.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The auction ends on a Sunday that precedes a US holiday (Labor Day). Just might be a chance to snipe it.
    If an international member wants to bid, just let me know in advance.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Seems like an opportunity to secure a rather rare collectible. Get in there folks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great item to start the 2017 HF auction!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Shot up to $711. I hope a member wins it (for $751 or higher).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very glad to see this doing well!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Closed out at $811. Pretty good price.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree! Very nice start for the upcoming fund raiser and very smart for selling it now while item is hot.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I agree! Very nice start for the upcoming fund raiser and very smart for selling it now while item is hot.

Mulleins
    Nah, just dumb luck!! lol j/k
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Mulleins
    Agreed Ralph. You can see that the values on these are starting to drop faster and faster. I think this is one book that is a total gamble. GREAT call on putting it up now!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

A great price. I think the prices will definitely come down after NYCC.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    They will if more books are distributed.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    They will if more books are distributed.
    350 at the VERY least will end up in peoples hands one way or another...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Where is the proof that 500 were printed?
    Anecdotal? I know someone who says that up to 500 could be printed.

Country
    Country Flag

No company would fire up a perfect binder machine for a 150 RF. Sorry my man... we wouldn't and I think it was fact that at least 500 were produced. Hey if not.. all good and the pricing will hold. I firmly believe there was more than 150 produced. Time will tell i guess though.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Believing is one thing; actually knowing (having legitimate evidence, proof) is another. I wouldn't be surprised to one day have evidence that more than 150 were printed, but right now I have the word of someone, who has the word of someone else. If I repeat it, it's tertiary, but not a fact.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    No company would fire up a perfect binder machine for a 150 RF. Sorry my man... we wouldn't and I think it was fact that at least 500 were produced. Hey if not.. all good and the pricing will hold. I firmly believe there was more than 150 produced. Time will tell i guess though.
    Am sure that a good partner to such a publisher woudln't hesitate to do so.
    And well, it's possible to buy individual printed on demand books...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Am sure that a good partner to such a publisher woudln't hesitate to do so.
    And well, it's possible to buy individual printed on demand books...
    It is but they would cost a pile of money in set up fees as the machine takes time to get ready. For a book like this... Can't see it. But like I said... Time will tell won't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote me a price to print 200 books similar to this?
    Don't worry about what the artist was paid, or If King only received $1 (we have that handled).
    Pretend I'm Sony Pictures, what do you want?
    Quote me price?

Hurry, or I have another printer wanting the job (you know you want to do it, just so you can at a later time reveal you were the printer).

I need a quote today.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast