Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive

14 53.85%
  • Fleetwood Mac - Landslide

12 46.15%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Great Music - Playoffs Round 1: 1975-1979 (Bracket 4 of 8)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Music is kind of like food; everything is distasteful to someone.
    That's true, to an extent. A genre cannot be all bad. Especially a super popular genre like that. But there can be bad songs or songs you don't like. I can usually find great tracks in any genre, so I'm kinda omnivorous when it comes to music.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since this seems to be headed for a tie-breaker, I'll state that my vote was for Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (1977). Just don't ask me to explain it.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly. The enjoyment of all forms of art is highly subjective to the individual. Personally I can appreciate a number of different musical styles but it certainly doesn't mean I like those styles. For this poll I appreciate both songs but only one sparks a perceived positive emotional response.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    My daughter once asked me, "how come with the bands you listen to, they don't have to sound good?"
    This is a really shrewd observation, by the way.
    The only answer I can come up with is: for the same reason that great paintings don't have to be beautiful

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I should point out that my daughter wasn't making any kind of sophisticated observation - she just really hates the vocals/voices of Steve Hogarth, Steven Wilson, David Gilmour, Roger Waters, and Maynard James Keenan (which I find to be quite good).

The point is, everything sounds good to some of us but not to others.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Both are great songs, but Stayin' Alive is the more iconic between the two....

To break the tie, my vote goes for Stayin' Alive.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. "Stayin' Alive" will face Queen - We Are the Champions (1977) in the second round.

Country
    Country Flag

Fleetwood Mac could not win by a landslide and after a late rally the Bee Gees stay alive.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh joy, this means I have to vote for in the next round. Go figure
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2