Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I adore the Rings trilogy and one of my favorite days was when I watched all 3 films (extended versions) back-to-back-to-back. Although I don't love the Hobbit films nearly as much, I hope to one day do the insane - watch all the Hobbit films and Rings films in one sitting.

It shall be done.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I adore the Rings trilogy and one of my favorite days was when I watched all 3 films (extended versions) back-to-back-to-back. Although I don't love the Hobbit films nearly as much, I hope to one day do the insane - watch all the Hobbit films and Rings films in one sitting.

It shall be done.
    I'll second that undertaking!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

READY WHEN YOU ARE "WILD BILL".

NEXT MOVIE PLEASE!

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to know when the box set of all three extended editions comes out. I wonder if they will ever have all six movies in a box set?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    I would love to know when the box set of all three extended editions comes out. I wonder if they will ever have all six movies in a box set?
    Oh, it'll happen. I can almost guarantee it. I have a few ideas on how I would want the box set to look.

I think it would be cool to have a replica of Bad End (Bilbo and Frodo's home). The top of the hill would come off revealing the discs.

It would also be cool to have a big book that is a replica of the book that Bilbo was writing his adventures in. Either way, I think we get something at some point.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Oh, it'll happen. I can almost guarantee it. I have a few ideas on how I would want the box set to look.

I think it would be cool to have a replica of Bad End (Bilbo and Frodo's home). The top of the hill would come off revealing the discs.

It would also be cool to have a big book that is a replica of the book that Bilbo was writing his adventures in. Either way, I think we get something at some point.

Oh I agree!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Found this on a site just now.
    Now then… we have a bit of Hobbit news. Our industry sources are telling us to expect the Blu-ray 3D Combo, Blu-ray Combo and DVD release of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in mid to late-March. So maybe 3/17 or 3/24. We’ll let you know when we have official confirmation of that. Either way, expect a Blu-ray and DVD release of The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy to hit stores around that same time. Then in time for the holidays you’ll get The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies – Extended Edition and The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy – Extended Edition on Blu-ray. And if I had to guess, the rumored but we know for sure it’s happening super-ultimate Middle Earth box set of all the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films will probably arrive on Blu-ray in 2016.
    I bought the LOTR extended edition on dvd then when it came out on blu ray I bought that version. When the Hobbit extended set comes out I'll buy that. And I guarantee that if/when an ultimate deal ex set comes out I'll be buying that too.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Found this on a site just now.
    Now then… we have a bit of Hobbit news. Our industry sources are telling us to expect the Blu-ray 3D Combo, Blu-ray Combo and DVD release of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in mid to late-March. So maybe 3/17 or 3/24. We’ll let you know when we have official confirmation of that. Either way, expect a Blu-ray and DVD release of The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy to hit stores around that same time. Then in time for the holidays you’ll get The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies – Extended Edition and The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy – Extended Edition on Blu-ray. And if I had to guess, the rumored but we know for sure it’s happening super-ultimate Middle Earth box set of all the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films will probably arrive on Blu-ray in 2016.
    I bought the LOTR extended edition on dvd then when it came out on blu ray I bought that version. When the Hobbit extended set comes out I'll buy that. And I guarantee that if/when an ultimate deal ex set comes out I'll be buying that too.

This is a great find. I can't wait.

My family makes fun of me because I bought so many versions. I can justify it pretty easily though. After Fellowship came out, I couldn't wait to watch it again and show it to family members, so I had to buy the DVD. Then they released the Extended Version and I just had to have that too because it was full of so much goodness. Now, I could have waited for the Extended versions of both Two Towers and Return of the King, but I just couldn't wait, so I had to buy the theatrical versions to hold me over.

Of course, once they released the Extended versions on Blu-Ray, I had to get that too. Now, I've been good and I've held off on buying Hobbit Blu-Rays, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do when they release all 3 Hobbit films in a Blu-Ray set. Should I grab that or wait until they make a mega set with the Rings/Hobbit?

Alas, nerd problems.

Country
    Country Flag

I've held off on the hobbit movies so I can buy the extended trilogy. I was able to hold off on the LOTR movies until the extended since I knew for sure that was coming out. My dad bought the regular movies so it held me over until it came out. Even though I really wanted the cool things like the golum statue. Not buying the hobbit movies has been easy since they constantly come on TV.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Waiting for the The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - extended steelbook. Read somewhere this extended edition will be R-rated?!

sk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it is. Anyone going to see it in theaters?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, $800 gold pieces!!!! Shit, I wouldn't be able to touch them and have to wear shades to even look!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Great vid. I doubt I'll get it, but my oh my, does it look like a fantastic set! I especially appreciate that the films are presented in chronological order as opposed to release, especially as The Hobbit was written first.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/202...om-sean-astin/
    It has long been rumored…and now we can finally confirm! For the first time, Warner Bros. will be releasing ‘The Hobbit’ Trilogy and ‘The Lord of the Rings’ Trilogy on 4K UHD on December 1st, 2020. To celebrate, we have a special TheOneRing.net exclusive message to fans from Samwise Gamgee himself, Sean Astin.

But wait…There is more! Directly from our friends at Warner Bros.:

Warner Bros. is also announcing that in the summer of 2021 it will be releasing a 4K ULTIMATE COLLECTORS’ EDITION with theatrical and extended versions of ALL SIX of the remastered films and new bonus content. Additionally, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first The Lord of the Rings film, a newly remastered Blu-ray trilogy of The Lord of the Rings films will be available in the Fall of 2021, also including the theatrical and extended versions.

If you are like me, and you may not fully grasp the significance of this news – don’t worry, hopefully I can shed some light on the topic. Bottom line – Peter Jackson and the team remastered the entirety of both trilogies (and extended editions), including the special effects, to make these masterpieces of cinema look as amazing and breathtaking on your modern devices as the day we saw them in the theater. And most likely a lot better!.

In the coming days we’ll sort through all the various options and places to purchase these editions and provide you with a one stop guide. In the meantime, know that 2020 will be ending on a positive note as we get to enjoy our favorite films all over again!

Here’s a high res preview of the box art!

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/m...ts/100720-0900
    All right Tolkien fans, this is it!

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has just provided us with the official confirmation: Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit Trilogy will officially arrive on 4K Ultra HD on 12/1.

The Hobbit Trilogy will include The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, and The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, in both the theatrical and extended versions.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy will include The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, and The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, again each in both the theatrical and extended versions.

All six films have been fully remastered by Weta Digital in New Zealand in a process overseen by director Peter Jackson. For The Lord of the Rings, this includes new 4K scans of original camera negative and new 4K scans of the original VFX film outs. The Hobbit films were shot digitally in 5K.

All six films will include Dolby Vision and HDR10 High Dynamic Range. Each will also include Dolby Atmos audio. (Note that The Hobbit films will NOT include HFR high frame rate—they were shot in 48 fps, but 4K UHD supports 60 fps.)

What’s more, here’s a very interesting note from the official press release:

“In addition, it was also announced that a 4K UHD Middle-earth Ultimate Collectors’ Edition featuring the theatrical and extended versions of all six films, along with new bonus content, previously released Blu-ray discs of The Hobbit Trilogy, and remastered Blu-ray discs of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy will be released in the summer of 2021. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy featuring remastered Blu-ray discs of the theatrical and extended versions of the 3 films will also be released in the fourth quarter 2021, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.”

So you can buy the films in 4K now, or wait if you wish for the truly ultimate box set with new bonus content and remastered Blu-rays too. Our hats off to Warner Bros. Home Entertainment for letting people know that in advance.

Here’s great news too: The SRP for each trilogy is just $89.99, which means sale prices will take them even lower.

Audio options on the 4K discs will include English (Dolby Atmos), Latin Spanish, Canadian French, and Brazilian Portuguese. Subtitles on the US release will include English SDH, Latin Spanish, Canadian French, and Brazilian Portuguese. There are no extras in either trilogy (ie the audio commentaries are not included). And the extended editions are split over two 4K discs to allow for maximum video data rates.

Amazon will also have an exclusive The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Gift Set with The One Ring replica.

Meanwhile, Best Buy will have 4K Steelbook exclusives that same day.

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not gonna lie, I’m worried about what “remastered the special effects” means. The main thing I hope they fixed was the color of the FotR extended edition since it was off on the current Bluray.
    Currently looking for:
    ‘salem’s Lot (Illustrated), F/F

Future wishlist:
    Gunslinger, Grant 2nd, F/F
    DT II-IV, Grant 1st, F/F

Country
    Country Flag

https://twitter.com/IMAX/status/1357010963325734915
    For the first time in IMAX, experience the magic of Middle-Earth. The Lord of the Rings trilogy is making its debut on the BIG screen. Remastered by Peter Jackson in stunning 4K, experience the epic in IMAX theatres Feb 5. Reserve your seat: http://imax.com/onering

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Awesome idea, but the nearest is about 2 hours drive away...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm dabbling with the idea of seeing this.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They're not talking about all six films are they? Damn, as much as I love these films, I don't know if I could sit through the LOTR 3 movies for 9+ hrs much less 18+ hours!!! That's some viewing!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast