Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Worlds Greatest Drummer

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Ringo... really?

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    Ringo... really?

Drumming that bland and monotonous is actually a challenge.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Soft spot of my heart, an ex of mine was a drummer for Elephants Memory
    and he had a kit that once belonged to Ringo. There were sessions way back when I attended that I thought I'd died and went to heaven. I am much older
    than most of you, and I guess I cant help showing my age at times...

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Yeah, that happens alot. Ive actually known some fantastic drummers,
    and I'm not all that bad m'self at times....You should hear me in my car
    (my poor steering wheel) It looks like I'm having seizures sometimes!! I love jaw dropping amazing, what a show that must have been.
    It sounds like you are not a Doors fan then,"Keep your eyes on the road and your hands apon the wheel"

The Rush show was one of the best i've ever attended. It had the best sound I've heard at a gig in along time and the lighting show was fantastic too. Rush played for nearly 3 hours with a short break in the middle. Neil Pearts drum solo was jaw dropping amazing as I said before. His dexterity and speed around the kit was dazzling especially considering he's nearly 60 years of age. He puts drummers more than half his age to shame. Rush are playing more dates in the US in the summer. If I can scrape the money together I'm going to head over and see them again.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Actually I played the best of the Doors on the way home
    from Geprgia last week, it seriously rocked, JDensmore
    drumming was fast and furious wasnt it?

The answer is within

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Ringo is never gonna make my best drummer list, BUT, he is far underrated and more than just competent. His drumming on "She Said, She Said" from Revolver is quite complex and outside the box. Don't let a lack of soloing make you think he was without substance. He helped define a sound.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It makes me a little sad that Mickey Hart hasn't even been mentioned yet.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

you know i love him brice, but if we're leaving it open to all drummers, i am being generous enough with ginger and would be with mickey as well. when you consider elvin jones or tony williams or joey baron or max roach et al, well the rest just seems like, the rest. that said, mickey is among the best drummers i've actually seen play with my own eyes.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I'd say on a good night he is simply amazing to watch.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

i've seen those, seen the bad ones too though. mickey is unique, and certainly willing to experiment, which is a great quality. he's up there for me, certainly higher up if we eliminate jazz drummers.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    i've seen those, seen the bad ones too though. mickey is unique, and certainly willing to experiment, which is a great quality. he's up there for me, certainly higher up if we eliminate jazz drummers.
    Oh, I wouldn't want to eliminate anyone. On the contrary I'm in favor of being all inclusive so I can learn more to watch out for.

Edit: I've seen some really bad nights for them too. Even those were magical.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    In Love

Inclusive....me too , there are tons of others worth mentioning.
    Why when I was a lass of say oh, 13 I spent 3 days at a show
    in West Palm beach, and the band PGE (Pacific Gas & Electric)
    had this guy Frank Cook I think solo that was a trip....wait I was trippin....whoah!!

The answer is within

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

It seems like thi thread needs more youtube advocacy.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WoQEt_4l5s&feature=related"]YouTube - O Baterista[/ame]
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

My Mood
    In Love

could'nt open it

The answer is within

ask and ye shall receive...

1. Joey Baron with John Zorn's Masada...

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=fWYWEaDpUNc"]YouTube - John Zorn / MASADA - Beeroth (Joey Baron at its best!)[/ame]

2. Joey with some speed-metal fun with John Zorn's Naked City [one of about a billion styles they play]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMGr1l9vRfA&NR=1"]YouTube - Naked City - 6 songs (Amsterdam´92)[/ame]

3. Joey in trio with Ellery Elskin & Josh Roseman [two awesome horn players]

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=_UilhEztWvU"]YouTube - Barondown@Bydgoszcz: 11:58[/ame]

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This guy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7O4nmeL7hg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7O4nmeL7hg[/ame]

Check this out Jayson.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B09cED1_gvk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B09cED1_gvk[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQVsiLXH1Tk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQVsiLXH1Tk[/ame]

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

Default just about

every drummer on these lists owes Lenny White a bit of gratitude for paving the way....
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_BBdC-KT8A"]Lenny[/ame]
    “A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"God always punishes us for what we can't imagine."
    SK

Quote Originally Posted by Armand St Pierre View Post
    every drummer on these lists owes Lenny White a bit of gratitude for paving the way....
    Lenny
    no doubt lenny is awesome, but my list has guys whose careers pre-date his birth, so i doubt Max Roach or Elvin Jones owe him any gratitude. Now, from the era of Lenny, he was among the best, with Tony Williams [from Miles' bands and Lifetime] or Al Foster [from Miles' 70's funk bands].

My Mood
    In Love

Oh yeah, I wish I werent at work, I cant open the you tubes.
    Lenny!!

The answer is within

now back to rock drummers, i've got to include this guy on my list...

1. levon helm on drums and drumming

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=gRekuHyIgXU"]YouTube - Levon Helm on Drums and Drumming[/ame]

2. levon with The Band from Scorcese's "The Last Waltz"

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=DBzGi6M-fTM"]YouTube - The Band - Up On Cripple Creek (Last Waltz Part 3)[/ame]

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

Default damn

Lenny
    no doubt lenny is awesome, but my list has guys whose careers pre-date his birth, so i doubt Max Roach or Elvin Jones owe him any gratitude. Now, from the era of Lenny, he was among the best, with Tony Williams [from Miles' bands and Lifetime] or Al Foster [from Miles' 70's funk bands].
    I didn't see Jones or Elvin on those lists when I looked....you must be a drummer

As for rock drummers....
    Jimmy Chamberlin is a force all his own.
    I also have never had a moments doubt about Alex VanHalen.
    and yes....Neil Peart is his own mystic rhythm machine.
    “A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"God always punishes us for what we can't imagine."
    SK

Lenny
    no harm no foul. lenny was among the best of his era, so he was a good nominee.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Carter Beauford Dave Matthews Band
    I've gotta give Carter a shout out too. He really is an amazing drummer. He has got such an extensive kit, it's hard to even see him back there. I was wondering how long it would be before someone brought him up.

This clip should make you a fan
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=95oiwW66Xk0"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=95oiwW66Xk0[/ame]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2